Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

York_M_Chan
Sep 11, 2003

Directed by: Katsuhito Ishii
Starring: Maya Banno, Takahiro Sato, Tadanobu Asano

I saw "The Taste of Tea" last night and have been smiling ever since. I never found myself to leave a theater happier about life than when I walked in. Katsuhito Ishii, the mind behind the Anime section of Kill Bill Vol. 1, crafted a wonderfully imgainative tale about a exceptional family in Japan.

Poking fun at different sections of Japense culture and entertainment it never goes to far as to mock it. (As quoted from IMDB) "Everything is built around a little girl getting exhausted by her giant imaginary double. She has a manga-designer mother, a reserved father, a first-in-love brother, a nut grandfather and a mysterious uncle. This delirious and particular family will follow its path through more than two hours of slow poetry, giving the audience a wonderful time."

RATING: 5

PROS: Heart warming, funny, beautiful
CONS: Slow in parts

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0413893/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vildiil
Dec 16, 2003
Stuff
I absolutely loved this film, at first it seemed a bit slow pace but then the funny kicked in and I couldent stop smileing throghout.