Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EllisD
Mar 14, 2004

WHAT IS THIS BULLSHIT!?
Directed by: Robert Stone
Starring: Russell Little, Mike Bortin, Timothy Findley, John Lester, Patty Hearst

Alternate title: See IMDB website. The theater I saw it at had it entitled "Guerilla: The Taking of Patty Hearst"

This is one of the better movies I have seen this year. I had little knowledge of the Symbionese Liberation Army (SLA) prior to seeing this documentary. While it could use more editting, the documentary came off very concrete and grounded. The beginning is the best part how it introduces the concept of revolution in our country during the 1960s and 1970s. The background behind the American counterculture is well-described and allows the younger generations to grasp what went on during that time.

What I enjoyed the most was how perfect they placed dramatic points in this major American event. It feels as if you are in the 1970s watching this on television and you're clutching your knuckles at what will happen next. I never once heard mention of Wendy Yoshimura which was rather disappointing, though I may have missed it.

I would have rated this perfect but I felt they focused far too much on news coverage and tape playbacks then the mindset of the SLA and their motivations for doing what they did. I was surprised at how little they covered Patty Hearst and what she did after her release from prison.

The ending was very very hysterical.

RATING: 5.0

PROS: Very interesting and in-depth. Dramatic at the right times, no confusion that I experienced.
CONS: Neglected to mention Wendy Yoshimura. Too much focus on news breaks and the media.

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0390299/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wraith
May 22, 2001

ARISE
ARISE, ROBOTS OF THEODEN
This was a very good movie, one of the better documentaries I've seen this year. Highly recommended.

Also, I have no idea where that "Neverland" alternate title came from, the theater I went to also listed it as Geurilla.