Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

3/18/2023: Day of the Dorks
Directed by: John Crowley
Starring: Colin Farrell, Colm Meaney, Kelly Macdonald, Cillian Murphy

I really enjoyed this movie; it seemed really tightly crafted to me. It was predictable in some spots but that never really took away from the movie. At one point I thought it was going to get preachy about relationships, but thankfully it didn't. I must mention I love this style of cinematography (the handheld camera (at least it seemed that way to me)). I give this movie a 9/10, but that also might be because I'm partial to the Irish accent.

PS: That was one of the best intro scenes I've seen lately. Also, I chose to classify it as an indy flick because it has so many genres in it.

RATING: 4.5

PROS: Hilarious dialogue, Tight plot, Intertwining stories, Ireland
CONS: Predictable

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0332658

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DSettahr
Apr 12, 2004
This is one of those movies where the character development is more important than the plot. I found it to be an enjoyable movie to watch, and am now tempted to try mixing bbq sauce with my coffee.

soupb
Jul 21, 2001

by angerbot
It had some funny moments in it, e.g when one of the characters goes to a video shop and asks for recommendations.

best line: "well you're no tom selleck, but.." (bus driver referring to a girl's mustache)

I would like to give it a 3.75, it's above average in that it puts together different stories well, but it's not quite "very good", because I don't think i'd watch it again. it's enjoyable but doesn't really resonate in the mind afterwards.

Wickedcapedkid
Oct 7, 2002

Bam!
This movie was great. Very witty dialogue and I found all the characters quite likable.