Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pyramid_head
Nov 11, 2004
Directed by: Sidney J. Furie
Starring: bunch of people you've never heard of

Haven't been able to find this on IMDB so I'm assuming it was released in the US under a different name

First of all, American soldiers was a terrible name to release it under, I first thought when I rented this that it was a documentry but ended up being pleasently suprised.

American soldiers is a good follow up to the whole Blackhawk down theme, the shootouts are gritty and releasitic and the director obviously knows what the gently caress hes doing. The plot follows some calvary men who manage to get lost in baghdad and spend the rest of the day slaughtering insurgents, its a pretty simplistic plot at times but the entertainment value is definitely there considering its made about a conflict happening right now. In fact it almost feels like one of those propoganda war films staring John Wayne.

As such there are some cheesy humanizing moments that just feel out of place but its mostly good stuff. They also tried to cram too much into the two hours of screen time. In a single day the Soldiers go on patrol, get ambushed, encounter huge amounts of IEDs, hook up wuith some police and save their station, rescue some prisoners from an evil CIA camp, try and save a shot down blackhawk crew and finally have a knife fight with some insurgents.

Its all a bit much at times and definitely lacks the pacing of BHD but its overall very well done and recommended to anyone who liked BHD/SPR etc

RATING: 4

PROS: awsome action, pretty accuratly choriographied
CONS: the whole AMERRRRIKKKA VIBE, too much crammed into too little, some hideous stereotypes

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU