Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ramseyk
May 30, 2005
hi
Directed by: Michael Winterbottom
Starring: Rizwan Ahmed, Farhad Harun, Arfan Usman

Michael Winterbottoms "The Road to Guantanamo" is an incredible movie. I have never been moved so hard at the plight of three helpless British Muslims, including 500 others being helped captive in Cuba now. This movie is amazing in every way possible.

This movie educates us about what happens in Gauntanamo Bay in Cuba, the site of a few U.S. camps. It talks about how 4 British Muslim friends go to a wedding to celebrate their friends marriage, and end up being taken captive by first the Taliban and then the U.S. The conditions they bear is enough to make anyone legally insane. They would go days without food or water or any sort of sanitary conditions. They would be herded into enormous containers and be shot at from the outside. Spoiled just in case.

This movie makes me angry, but also helpless. By watching it I have learned more about the lovely conditions the U.S. and British have detainees under, and the sort of treatment they recieve. I can't do much about the situation except promote this film.

This is a very moving film, as I cried twice, during All the Afghanis dead, and near the end where they are praying and reminiscing about their British lives.

The chemistry between the 3 friends are immediately apparent. I myself was reminded about the close circle of friends I have now. What they had to go through is something no one should ever get to experience, terrorist, dictator or human. It is horrible and despicable.

This movie is incredible. You'll be doing yourself a great diservice not to check it out. Michael Winterbottom is a talented director and has a knack for a brutal reality layered with heavy drama. Way to go.

RATING: 5.5

PROS: Shocking story, incredible
CONS: Sad...I guess? :( I can't find anything wrong.

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: http://imdb.com/title/tt0468094/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU