Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER
Some day? Try in this arc. He's reaching his prophesy'd death limit. Halfling gonna croak it.
And develop empathy right before he dies, but the rest refuse to raise him because they only knew him as a psychopathic murderer, not a psychopathic murderer with emotions and feelings :qq:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER
Roy's basically a roman general at this point. He knows architecture. He could probably lead a siege if he had too.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

Pope Guilty posted:

Aren't Barbarians pretty useless post-rage?

If your target isn't dead when you finish raging, there was little you could have done anyway.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER
Oh man oh man oh boy oh man (I am excited)

Also can a high level cleric banish an outsider like Sabine?

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

Calaveron posted:

I hope so, I'm so loving sick and tired of Nale and the Linear Guild in general.

I don't know, I'm still curious about the three dudes V made a deal with, and their related... kinda.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER
So Haley's look of horror is because she's hearing that Xykon is coming right now, not because they're about to be discovered, yes?

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

Earnestly posted:

Yeah, for now. They will definitely interact within the next few strips, which will give us some juicy exposition about the fiend's plans from it.

Can a wizard like V cast a sending to say the linear guild? Or have Sabine do something similar? I got the impression from that strip where she tells Nale that she's with him all the way that she's actually more loyal to Nale than the 3.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER
Even if the party gets V back and teams up with Nale and Co, dealing with an epic level lich and a high level cleric is going to be a bitch and a half.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

Colonial Air Force posted:

I'm on my phone so I can't check. What was the specific wording of Belkar's death prophecy?

Was it something about drawing his last breath in this world?

Oh. poo poo.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER
Yeah while Sabine works for the fiends, I got the impression that her personal loyalties lie with Nale, and his with her.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER
I've interpreted 'bring death and destruction' as being the domains Durkon will now have as a cleric of Hel, and of course what can a cleric do after the adventure is over besides start a church?
Death doesn't have to be Evil, after all.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER
You know, I'd be honestly surprised if Tarquin gave more of a poo poo about his dusted vampire partner than he did about his many, many wives.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER
Yeah, I'm getting tired of Tarquin too. If he dies sometime in the next three strips I won't mind at all.
Also I think it'd be funny if the party tries to raise Belkar after he kicks it and he refuses to come back because he's hanging out in the paradise he imagined.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

Zogundar posted:

Doesn't it take at least 10 minutes of uninterrupted meditating or whatever to get spells though?

Rule of drama. It's more dramatic for Durkon to get a surprise no-meditation welcome to team evil bonus from Hel, but that's just my guess.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

trucutru posted:

She doesn't need to run out of steam, anything can happen, we just had a half-dead fighters/rogue/ranger group chump a high-level wizard because yeah. Seems like Tarkin is indeed essential to their little evil group because Miron has to be one of the most incompetent D&D wizards around.

He rolled really badly for initiative.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

Cliff Racer posted:

Why not? The comic itself even made heavy mention of it with Miko when she did the same thing to them that those lizard men did, only she got her just comeuppance in the end while they have, so far, avoided theirs.

THAT WAS A JOKE. Christ you're a moron.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

This was not a joke, people!

I see that now. There's a DnD quote about a crazy dude who wanted to debate about medieval catholic theology that would work for him.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

The Leper Colon V posted:

VanSandman, you'd be the nameless soldier killed by the big bad when your commanding officer says not to engage. :v:

"Don't worry boss, I got this!"

*Cliff Racer casts Interminable Ignorance on himself!*

"Ah, poo poo."

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

ikanreed posted:

Did anyone else end up really detesting that comic?

It got kinda creepy too.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

Dr. Buttass posted:

It was funnier when Terry Pratchett used Esme Weatherwax to say it.

I agree.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

CapnAndy posted:

Wasn't Witches Abroad the one where the witches went bumblefucking from one fairy tale to another one, constantly screwing things up by using basic common sense, and culminated in a grand Phantom of the Opera riff where the bad guy was killed with a fake sword because he was just that into the narrative?

Because I really liked that one.

You're mixing Masquerade up with Witches Abroad.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

rocketrobot posted:

If you say it too soon, he'll bust his thumb again.

And we already blew the goblins card early.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER
Is Rich.... ok?

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

team overhead smash posted:

:siren:New Page:siren:

Durkula kicking rear end was probably the biggest surprise, I thought it would be all Julio vs Tarquin.

HA! Hahahaha! It worked perfectly.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

Illuyankas posted:

Bullshit, I bet you waited til the new one was up before you posted, I'm onto your tricks.

Timestamp, bitch. :smugdog:

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER
I bet Durkon will murder Belkar.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

CapnAndy posted:

So here's a thing: Julio and Tarquin have been rivals for a long time. Julio knows Tarquin's face.

He knew exactly who Elan was the second he walked into that tavern. It sorta casts all his actions, including training Elan, in a whole new light.

He knew this day was likely to come. Hence his "Seriously, don't contact me again, I don't want to die" thing.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER
Somebody do the thing. I did it recently and it won't work if I do it.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER
Yeah if Death and Destruction aren't cleric spell domains I will be one surprised reader.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

DoctorTristan posted:

This strip's Endless enough as it is.

I appreciated this joke, even if nobody else did.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

elmer fud posted:

I sure hope Goblins is ok!

Don't cross the streams!

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

Gamerofthegame posted:

This thread turns into reddit between updates.

You all are really overdoing the whole "I hope Rich is okay!!!!" joke.

It's only overdone because people abuse it.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

Sir Kodiak posted:

According to Twitter, his backup also failed so he's going to be spending some time recreating old comics for the higher-res print run. The guy has every right to take as long as he wants updating the comic, but it's a little funny that the Kickstarter did commit him to devoting time to things other than the primary story but did not result in him purchasing a stable work environment. If your primary interest is in the main, online comic, donating to the Kickstarter was apparently counterproductive.

Are you loving kidding me. "Well, instead of doing my stickfigure webcomic from scratch (what'll that take, a day at most?) I'll work on something else that only a select few will ever see and isn't even new content.

The few pages of ragging on Rich's (total lack of) professional business acumen were funny but it's rapidly becoming more pitiable than anything else.
He could've had automatic backups but he didn't. He could work on a buffer but he doesn't (this is forgivable considering how much he cares about getting the writing right). He could do any of a hundred small things that would keep his webcomic from stalling every few weeks, but he doesn't.

Ugh. It's possible to like an author as a person but be utterly horrified by their business and production model, especially when you contrast it with things like Gunnerkrigg Court which updates like clockwork because Tom is dedicated to keeping the thing that keeps people coming back on a regular schedule.

How many years have we been in the desert again?

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

mutantmell posted:

So, y'know, the tweet in question is this:

He said nothing about dropping everything to work on old comics.

OH! I misunderstood, then. That's good.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

W.T. Fits posted:

Nah, it's much worse going by the opening paragraph of the Wikipedia article:

Well, he should have used that kickstarter money to give himself a robot body.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

greatn posted:

In my campaign cosmology, for every week you spend adhering to a "good" alignment, the gods materialize you one free T-shirt(that lasts a week). The whole realm descended into a shirts vs skins B-Ball match but the system works.

The exchange of Augustus the Saintly for Worthington the Dickish worked out better for the shirts since Worthington knows how to play dirty.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER
Honestly, I could see a one or two page epilogue to this arc where Tarquin gets shanked in the desert by Sabine and then dragged to hell or something.

Hell, does he even have anything that can hurt her right now?

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

Nihilarian posted:

If I ever play a good necromancer he'll only raise dead people who give permission in the form of a signed contract.

I'll have to give him a fantastic charisma score to convince people to sign, though.

If you've never heard of the dustmen or played Planescape: Torment, fix that ASAP.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

Fried Chicken posted:

you don't like looking at naked women?

He doesn't like interminably long stories about making GBS threads in the desert and what the author wants for dessert.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER
It is the remnants of the first attempt at making a world. Maybe in it's resting state, it is one? After all, that world never got any sapient life put onto it. Maybe it's inimical to intelligent species? Or close observers in general?

gently caress if I know, but it doesn't seem to mind a huge rift existing above Azure Goblin City, so unless we get a scene change to show that rift also freaking the gently caress out, that's my best guess.