Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Spatulater bro!
Aug 19, 2003

Punch! Punch! Punch!

Directed by: Brad Bird
Starring (voices of): Patton Oswalt, Lou Romano, Ian Holm, Peter O'Toole, Will Arnet, et al.

I didn't think Pixar could possibly improve upon their already gorgeous animation, but they do with Ratatouille. This is the best looking CGI movie in existence. The fur effects on the rats alone were mindblowing (plus the rats were freaking adorable), not to mention the amazing computer rendered Paris. I'd rather visit this Paris than the actual one.

For a G rated movie, the story had a very mature feel to it. You could tell they weren't trying to pander to a young audience, as the script used many words and phrases that little kids probably wouldn't grasp. And I'm sure some of the plot details as well were over the heads of the younger kids (the idea of food critics, restaurant reputations, rightful heirs of fortunes, etc). This went way above and beyond the simple "Nemo tries to find his family" sort of thing we're used to seeing. This was more in line with The Incredibles for small plot nuances.

And this had one of the best plots so far for Pixar. I was gripped the whole way through. And the pacing was dead on. Many animated movies have a tendency to hit a lull about 2/3 of the way through. Not so with Ratatouille. It hit every note exactly when it needed to hit it. And I give the movie a lot of props for not having a 100% predictable ending. I thought I had it all figured out before it was over, but there are some interesting details in the last few minutes that really caught me off guard. Ego losing his job as a critic and losing all of his credibility due to his positive review, and Guestou's being closed down for health code violations. "Hey, after all there were rats in the kitchen." I respect that a lot.

So yeah, great, great movie. Probably Pixar's best one yet. I'm still going over in my mind if I liked it more than The Incredibles. I think I did. Which is saying a lot, because I love that movie.

Everyone go see this opening day.

Rating: 5/5

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

burzum karaoke
May 30, 2003

I was hoping for something better than Cars. I got something better than The Incredibles, and that's not the kind of thing I say lightheartedly. The Incredibles is among my favourite films.

Once again, as with the Iron Giant and The Incredibles, Brad Bird has created a timeless classic. The story is intriguing, the characters are flushed out, the pacing never dulls and even the throwaway jokes are hilarious.

From a technical and visual standpoint, this movie is a feast for the eyes. Everything is gorgeous. The character designs are fantastic, the backgrounds are ripe with detail and the effects are spectacular. As far as the animation is concerned, I can doubtlessly say that this is best computer animated feature to date. Pixar's sense of animation timing is incredible.

If you're a fan of animation, Brad Bird or Pixar, see this movie. If you have a working pair of eyes and ears, see this movie. You won't regret it.

rating: 5/5

Ville Valo
Sep 17, 2004

I'm waiting for your call
and I'm ready to take
your six six six
in my heart
I saw this over the weekend and it was a real treat. I'm a huge fan of Brad Bird - the Iron Giant and the Incredibles are two of my favorite animated movies, and two of my faves overall. Ratatouille is at least as good as the Incredibles, which I considered Pixar's best work to date. Everything in this film, from the character designs and art direction, CG effects (hair and lighting especially), voice acting, story, and humor are all top-notch. The audience was probably skewed because this showing was in SoCal in the heart of CG studio country, but their was real applause at more than just the end credits.

This is Pixar's funniest, most heart-warming, and best looking picture yet. That's saying something.

5.5 / 5

Ponuh
Nov 8, 2006

No tricks, Mr. President. In a few moments I will release a wave of psychic energy designed to dominate the whole planet. There will be no more 'free will'.
Ratatouille is my favorite Pixar movie. It was simply breathtaking visually, the voice acting was superb and the entire experience was brilliant. I don't think you need to be a child to be delighted by this movie. Brad Bird is destined for legendary status. 5.5/5

tehspiekguy
Aug 13, 2002
Press X to flip tehspiekguy
I went into this movie with extremely high expectations, given that EVERY last review I had read for it was not only positive, but praising the film. I walked out grinning from ear to ear, wholeheartedly fulfilled.

There's really not much that I can say here that hasn't already been said. The writing, pacing, character development and plot is wonderful. All the characters truly have a unique personality and as the film progresses, you begin to empathize with them. One character in particular has a wonderful and sudden change that is handled so well, you can't help but be in awe of the skill in which it was done. As Ego bites into Remy's Ratatouille, the 30-second flashback instantly makes Ego from one of the most grim, disliked characters of the film into a loveable, human character. That scene made Ego my favorite character of the film.

The short film before Ratatouille has yet to be addressed, though, and I will simply say that it is one of the best that Pixar has done. I can't recall the last time I laughed that hard in a theater, only to look around and see everyone else laughing just as hard as I am. A clever, entertaining piece that sets the mood for a wonderful film ahead.

5/5

ImDifferent
Sep 20, 2001
Really, really great. Pixar's CG/animation just keeps getting better and better, and their writing is fantastic. Great voice performances, particularly by Peter O'Toole.

Although I still think of The Incredibles as my favourite Pixar movie, Ratatouille holds an extremely solid second place.

5/5

(Oh, and the pre-film short is the best yet)

FeatherFloat
Dec 31, 2003

Not kyuute
I absolutely love this movie. I had gone in expecting a nice time, but I was absolutely giddy the whole way through. I love cooking, and it was just so fun to watch something that was so in love with food. Sure, the fur on the rats was nice, but soup clinging to the bottom of a spoon, sauces swirling around in a pan... That really impressed me, it did.

Great story, great voice acting, great and satisfying ending... yeah, great movie overall. Go see it. 5/5

TedKoppel
Nov 30, 2002

They sure look ripe to me.
I keep trying to write a good review of this movie, and wind up typing on and on about all sorts of random poo poo. Here's the deal: I would not be the least bit surprised if, in the future, this movie is used as an example of outstanding animation in classes. The details in it are insane, the expressiveness of the characters is as good as anything produced in any form of animation, let alone three dimensional. Having had pet rats as a kid, I was probably more willing to accept a rat as being cute and endearing than I was actually supposed to, but I just can't imagine anyone can watch the scene where Remy makes an omelet and not turn to mush. He winds up being easily the most endearing character Pixar has created.

I could go on and on about just the visuals. Brad Bird seemed to have gone on a checklist of every single thing that's difficult to impossible for computer animation, and made a point of having multiple scenes of it. Example: one of the major plot points of the movie, which I'm assuming you all know from the trailers, involves Remy pulling on the hair of a human. Pixar has had success with hair the past, but I've noticed that no one actually touches it. Here, you have a rat nestled into a person's hair, pulling away and screwing up his hairstyle. My jaw dropped.

Frankly, if the movie had just been the visuals, I would have been fine, but there really isn't a weak element here. The musical score is done by Michael Giacchino who did a phenomenal score for The Incredibles and does it again here. (If he once again doesn't get a nomination, I'll be irritated) Voice acting is great, and while you probably know the actors who do the voices, you also probably won't recognize them unless you know who they are going in, which works beautifully (Peter O'Toole's critic deserves special mention, here. They give him a great speech at the end). The story is genuinely unpredictable and more than any other Pixar movie, really adult. There are any number of slapstick gags kids will love (and these are also brilliant and funny), but the actual story will, I think, largely go over their heads. Not that they'll mind too much; it made me think of Calvin and Hobbes, which I loved reading as a kid, and then read again when I got older and realized there was so much I didn't understand. And what's cooler than that?

Altogether, this was easily a 5/5 movie. Worst thing I could say about it is that maybe some kids won't have an attention span long enough for it (it's almost two hours), and frankly, that isn't my problem. About time a movie respected children's ability to be more than ADD morons.

KS
Jun 10, 2003
Outrageous Lumpwad

TedKoppel posted:

Here's the deal: I would not be the least bit surprised if, in the future, this movie is used as an example of outstanding animation in classes.

I agree completely. The first time a rat got drenched, I just laughed. I think they try to challenge themselves intentionally, and it doesnt get harder than fur + water.

Aside from that, absolutely my favorite Pixar film yet and the best movie I've seen since Little Miss Sunshine, maybe longer. Brad Bird is amazing.

5.5/5

Zwabu
Aug 7, 2006

5/5

Easily the best Pixar film, and possibly the best animated film.

Remy is the best Pixar character.

The biggest strength of the film is story and character, IMO. The incredible animation is groundbreaking and beautiful too, but that is actually secondary.

The ending of the film is moving. It received applause in my theater, that was well deserved.

I can see why the critical reception is so universally strong. Word of mouth will turn this one into a monster.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy
This is a fun movie that doesn't drag on or get preachy. It wont make you think and it's not incredibly memorable but you'll have a great time watching it.

4/5

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

Is tonight the greatest moment in Dominick Cruz's life?

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.
Yeah, this one was great. Even though I've loved practically every other Pixar movie I've seen, the only factor that drew me into this was Patton Oswalt.

The only thing that wasn't addressed as much as I wanted was Goo-stow (throw in as many Us and Es to make it correct) apparently had rodent hair in his cap. Is this supposed to mean that like his son, he took aid from a rat as well? I really, really respect Brad if that's the case, because that could have easily been a major plot point. Either Linguini could have found that out to identify with his father, that it wasn't strange to take advice from a rat, or Remy could have taken the point as meaning it was part of his destiny, that rats had been helping the best chefs since before him. I'm pretty sure after it is brought up, we never hear about it again. Maybe I'm wrong though.

Great film though. 5/5/5/5.

Big Big Moon
Sep 2, 2006

In other regions and restaurants it is mispronounced as General Tsao's, General Zhou's, General Tzo's, General So's, General Joe's,

Her Majesty's Carport posted:

The only thing that wasn't addressed as much as I wanted was Goo-stow (throw in as many Us and Es to make it correct) apparently had rodent hair in his cap. Is this supposed to mean that like his son, he took aid from a rat as well?

The lawyer was referring to the hair sample Skinner took from Linguini, not the hair from Gusteau's cap.

Taiko
Jul 13, 2006
I don't have a lot to add to the love going on in this thread for the film and for Brad Bird, but I will say that I am so excited about what he does next. A live action film about the Chicago Fire, supposedly? Can't wait to see it. I trust Bird as a director the way I would have trusted Spielberg in the early 1980s had I been old enough to follow film makers then - Bird is a genius at the height of his powers. We have many, many great movies to look forward to from him.

Tempura Wizard
Sep 15, 2006

spending all
spending
spending all my time
Most of the reviews have said all that needs to be said above. I've seen this movie twice so far, and both times it was great. I never see movies twice in a theater. There you have it. Handily the best Pixar film, and one of my favorite films. 5.5/5

jayzlie
Nov 6, 2002

Another vote for it being the best animated film I've ever seen. Nobody beats Pixar no matter how much they try; Shrek can't touch this with a mile long pole. Saw it once and will see it again.

5.5/5

rugbert
Mar 26, 2003
yea, fuck you
Ive never even attempted to write a movie review before but here it goes.

Never before has a movie captured my heart as much as this has. Ive seen movies which have made me laugh and of course movies which have made me cry. But I honestly cannot remember a movie which has been as so wholeheartedly good and fun as this. As good as the story was, the characters is what did it for me. Its been a long time since Ive actually cared about a character in a movie, but they were all so genuine in this movie.

The visuals, as usual, are the best Ive seen. Every movie Pixar makes is is visually the best they've ever done, and this movie easily proves that.

This is one of the few movies that Ive walked out of wearing such a sincere smile.

5/5

Optimus Subprime
Mar 26, 2005

Ideas are more powerful than guns. We would not let our enemies have guns, why should we let them have ideas?

I have to say this has become one of my favorite films. The animation was incredible, but wasn't overbearing or distracting from the plot. The pacing was dead on and the story telling was great. It didn't have the normal family pandering that a Disney movie has, it felt as if the creators were merely creating a fantastic movie without worrying about the rating they got, although they happened to get a G rating.

Gotta give it 5.5/5. Go out and see this movie.

GuyGizmo
Feb 26, 2003

stupid babies need the most attention
This movie is top notch. It really shows that Brad Bird and Pixar know that to make a great animated movie, you have to start with a great movie first and then add great animation. Every detail of this movie is superb, and the animation is a fantastic technical and artistic achievement. I don't know what more to say, really.

5/5

Spacedad
Sep 11, 2001

We go play orbital catch around the curvature of the earth, son.
"I have this teeny...little..."

I can't really say what's already been said about this movie by others here, so I'll say this instead:

5/5 alone for sticking a penis joke in a Pisney/Dixar movie.

wolfman101
Feb 8, 2004

PCXL Fanboy
I didn't even notice that was a penis joke.

I didn't like it as much as the Incredibles because I like action more than romance and cooking, but I was still thoroughly entertained.

4.5/5

Beowulf
Jun 16, 2003

The multiplying villainies of nature do swarm upon him...
I went in expecting a good animated movie, and I came out thrilled that I had seen a great animated movie. This movie is sweet without being preachy or anything like that. It has some great characters (Peter O'Toole's "Anton Ego" was a very pleasant surprise for me. Very unlike a generic 1-dimensional villain).

What I liked most about this movie, is that I'm in my 20s and can actually enjoy it and a lot of the jokes in it. Definitely a movie the whole family can watch, and the best animated feature I've seen since The Incredibles or Spirited Away.

5.5/5

NebZ
Oct 26, 2005
Eddie would go.
You know a movie is great when you can walk out of the theatre with a better appreciation of something you already like.

I work at a restaurant as an assistant chef and I think you can see where I'm going with this.

Best animated film I've seen next to The Incredibles.

5.5/5

4th Chamber
Oct 23, 2004

TIGER WTF
Pixar has set the bar pretty high for themselves. Just look at their near-perfect catalog of films; it speaks for itself. Ratatouille fits very well into the Pixar library, but I felt it had some flaws. For the most part, however, it is fantastic.

To start with the good parts of the film, its important to note the timelessness this film possesses. No pop-culture gags, or jokes that will fade in the coming years as we see in other animated films. Bird manages to craft a story that could have very well been made by Disney 50 years ago, a first for Pixar films, as I have felt most of them stood clearly alone from the Disney library (in a good, but identifying way). I believe this quality comes from the absolute best animation we have ever seen on film (or the synergies of the buyout if you choose). The early scene with the fleeing rats ranks as the best I have ever witnessed. Pixar is in such a mastery of their animation that backgrounds and characters blend seamlessly. One of my complaints about Pixar films, such as Monsters Inc., is that the backgrounds sometimes stand out in their utter bland-ness. Ratatouille does not falter here, as the animation maintains a cohesiveness of detail and design. This, in turn, leads to a viewing experience that is never distracting, even when we do occassionally notice how well certain things are rendered.

Secondly, the voice acting is once again brilliantly cast. Many praises have been given to O'Toole, but I think Oswalt does a superb job here. Getting audiences to understand the passion a rat has for fine dining is not an easy treat...

...which leads me to my first complaint. Although adults can understand this feeling, can little kids? They don't have the most discerning taste buds, and explaining abstract concepts to them, such as taste and the emotions they can generate, might go over their heads. This might hurt the film in the long run, maybe in 20 years or so when the kids of today pick out the movies they want their kids to watch. This certainly is a minor detail to pick at, but I feel I have to review a movie whose target audience is children from that perspective. Sorry.

Next complaint: the movie starts with great pacing, and generally keeps it up, but around mid-way it slips a tiny bit. This occurs when the shift goes from life as a rat, to life as a cook. Its almost as if Linguine emerges as the main character, and Remy takes a back seat. I found this disappointing because Remy's story is much more compelling than Linguine's narrative. I found the lives of the human chefs to be bland in comparison to the bold Remy.

But I must give Pixar credit for their human renditions. We have seen it before, hinted at in the Toy Story series and Monsters Inc. Sure we had the Incredibles, but they were superhuman, and had abilities that came with expected animations (stretching, super speed, morphing, etc.). In Ratatouille we are presented with human characters, with no powers, no abilities. Faced with a challenge, Pixar had the choice to either match Shrek, and try to create realistic characters, or create decidedly unique chracters, where detail is sacrificed for brilliant subtlety. I think its obvious which one Pixar chose--and they made the right choice. Linguine is likeable in his awkwardness, helped by the complimentary animation, and Skinner tears up the scenes as the Napoleonic head chef. Every character has a great touch to them, especially the grim Anton Ego.

Ultimately, the film manages to deliver a fine story, coupled with amazing animation. I hope that children 'get it', because its truly an endearing film with a strong message. It takes the concept of "everyone can cook" to "you can do anything".

4.5/5

Bun Bun
Apr 7, 2002

Fear The Bunny
This movie is about a rat in Paris that loves to cook. Only Pixar can take that sentence and turn it in to a classic. Ratatouille not only upholds the high standards of Pixar but might have even set it higher. This movie, above all other things already described in this thread, shows how a movie can be wholly original, with no gags or pop culture references, no big name stars, and no explosions or guns or magic can be a revitalizing story telling experience. No studio can come close to what Pixar and its magicians are crafting these days, animated or live action. This is the best movie of the summer so far.

5/5

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
Firstly, this movie is beautiful. Perhaps the best looking animated film ever. They had a preview of a Dreamworks CGI film before this movie with Seinfeld that looks like it'll be all right, but the following movie made the animation in it look like absolute trash. The realism and of the scenery was amazing without looking out of place with the cartoon humans and rats. The level of detail was truly impressive.

The story was all right. I think it would've had massive appeal to fans of the Food Network. But it definitely had its charm and humor that anyone could enjoy, without going into the gutter like a lot of "family" movies seem to be doing these days, thinking kids are too stupid to catch on.

The best part might have been the little short before the movie. It was hilarious. The movie itself though was 4.5/5.

Boyz Scout
Nov 3, 2006

No more pigeon rubbing? Life in the vault is about to change...
I went to this movie because I didn't have to pay for the ticket, and I'd never been to a drive in picture before. I hadn't heard much about this film other than the fact that "It was supposed to be good" from a friend.

I came out of the film in awe. It was witty, good looking, and all around well rounded. It had a had a cliche or two in it ("My family doesn't want me to be a ______, but I'll show them and become the best _______ ever!"), but that's perfectly fine. It's a family movie, so it's expected.

There is also something that nobody has touched on as of yet that I would like to. The soundtrack was amazing. One of the best (if not THE best) original scores for a film I've ever heard. Michael Giacchino did an amazing job with the sound track. It really sets the mood for the entire movie. It has ups and downs, paces well, everything. I really loved it and it sold me the film (one song in particular that stuck out to me was Le Festin http://www.mcafeeweb.com/hoga/Mzac/01%20Le%20festin_2.mp3)

This is, in my mind, the best film of '07, hands down. Go see it!
5/5

kauff
Sep 5, 2004

Reality is not the kind of place where you want to spend 24 hours a day.
What an amazing movie.

I honestly think that there is not a single thing that could possibly be improved storytelling-wise. It flows as if created all in one sitting, there are no moments of awkward exposition between set-pieces, it doesn't waste a second. As for the story itself, it's a cute little tale that manages to warm the heart without numbing the mind.

I probably sound fanboyish when I say this, but I think Brad Bird deserves an oscar nod for the talent he has displayed both in The Incredibles and here. I can't wait for his next movie, whatever it may be because I know that no matter how high my expectations are, he will match them.

Go see it. NOW
5.5/5

ZhaoRi
Oct 25, 2005

"You can't live on hopes and dreams alone."
I saw this movie with my boyfriend on my 21st birthday (because I wanted to do something really grown up!) and we both enjoyed it a lot. Everything about this movie was good. The paceing, the characters, just everything. As others have said, I don't know if kids can really enjoy this movie like someone older could, but I still think it's worth taking the kids (and yourself, really) to see this.

5/5

lapse
Jun 27, 2004

I finally saw this one last night, and like everybody else said, it's fantastic. I've been a huge fan of Bird ever since I saw Iron Giant (it's a shame they did such a lovely job promoting that one for theaters, I would have loved to see it with an audience), and this continues his tradition of intelligent animated movies that adults will love. This beats out Iron Giant and Incredibles easily in my mind.

I'm having trouble deciding whether this or Spirited Away is now my favorite animated feature. They're so different in style and execution, but I have a feeling the same sorts of people will like both films. Both are very heartfelt, intelligent, and gorgeous to look at.

And on a sort of funny note, the ending really reminded me of the Grinch's heart growing 3 sizes, when Ego has a bite of the Ratatouille and becomes a new person immediately

5.5/5 if the ratings hadn't changed.

Mera4Real
May 8, 2007
Best pixar movie I've ever seen. I feel like it's on a whole other level than any of their previous productions, having characters that seemed somewhat complex. A clever, inspiring movie with a really heartwarming ending.

5/5 :h:

StupidFatHobbit
Jan 15, 2004
This was really good but admittedly with all the positive reviews I read before seeing it, it didn't quite live up to my possibly overinflated expectations. Was still rather charming and cleverly done. Still Pixar's best film to date.

4.5/5

StupidFatHobbit fucked around with this message at 19:54 on Oct 15, 2007

blurry!
Jun 14, 2006

Sorry for Party Flocking

4th Chamber posted:

...which leads me to my first complaint. Although adults can understand this feeling, can little kids? They don't have the most discerning taste buds, and explaining abstract concepts to them, such as taste and the emotions they can generate, might go over their heads. This might hurt the film in the long run, maybe in 20 years or so when the kids of today pick out the movies they want their kids to watch. This certainly is a minor detail to pick at, but I feel I have to review a movie whose target audience is children from that perspective. Sorry.

I have to whole-heartedly disagree. While the youngest of kids won't fully understand the subtleties of the culinary world, they will understand the greater human message of following your dreams despite everyone telling you that because of where you come from, or what you are, you are incapable of achieving them. This is a movie that transcends age-based demographics, appealing to audiences both young and old, and the memories held by the youngest audiences of this film will appreciate in time as they come to understand the more nuanced messages, themes and concepts the film conveys. The best films, the motion pictures that are truly "art", get better with time. If a film, upon repeated viewings at later ages, reveals new and previously unrealized ideas to a maturing or matured viewere, it will be of greater value than one that can only appeal at a certain age, particularily a young one. This is the timelessness that Bird and Pixar et al have achieved with Ratatoullie.

I found the movie to be one of the best I've ever seen, hands down. It struck a chord deep within me, the ageless wonder I used to feel when I watched movies when I was younger, that I was watching a movie that I would enjoy forever. It's beauty, from minute one to the closing credits. I feel this movie is better than the Incredibles and the Iron Giant, and that's praise I'd never thought I'd dole out.

It's been a long while since I've wanted to watch a movie again as soon as I finished it, and the return of this feeling is welcome. Pixar and Brad Bird strike gold again.

In case you haven't guessed, I give this movie 5.5/5

Darke GBF
Dec 30, 2006

The cold never bothered me anyway~
I was able to see this recently, and I was pleasantly surprised. I guess I didn't go into it remembering that Pixar hasn't ever really failed me. Even Cars was an entertaining watch, with all it's flaws. Ratatouille had nothing that made me go "That's sort of dumb," or "They could've done that better." I can only really think of one scene that I raised an eyebrow at when Collette takes Linguini on the motorcycle and he drops his hat at like 30-40 miles an hour into a street with traffic. The hat that had Remy in it. :(

It definitely did have more of a mature feel to it than some of Pixar's earlier stuff (the collage of mousetrapped rats, the rat-infested kitchen being shut down and Igo being fired). I wouldn't rate it above The Incredibles on a personal favorites list, because I preferred the premise in that movie to this one, but if I were to discount the whole "superpowers > cooking" aspect, it's easy to say that Ratatouille is the best movie Pixar's ever done. The facial expressions seemed to be smoother, and it showed they had learned alot since The Incredibles came out.

5/5

Also, waiting for WallE with high expectations. :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Adrianics
Aug 15, 2006

Affirmative. Yes. Yo. Right on. My man.
I can't really say anything that hasn't been said already.

What I will say, however, is that Ego's speech about the nature of greatness is one of the most beautiful, vibrant, heartwarming and brilliantly written and read monologues I have ever had the pleasure of watching. I've seen the movie five times now and it still chokes me up.

I'm completely convinced that this is Pixar's apex. Nothing, nothing they do between now and the bitter end will be better than Rataouille.

5/5