Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

lechunnel posted:

Ah thank Christ for this. None of SALR was working 'cause I don't usually have the context menu. But enable this checkbox I did, and now it all works.

It's fixed for tonight. I had something backwards or something. I don't know, there's some weird stuff in here.

hooah posted:

Any word on the thread buttons ([x] and [# >])?

Can you give me a screen shot of the forums panel in the options?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

0x38: FLOPPY_INTERNAL_ERROR

"Swap the Mark Unvisited and Go To Last Post icon order" isn't working.

At least I don't think it is. It's supposed to put the blue [v] button first, isn't it?

Using 1.99.070929

I can't tell the difference between checked or unchecked.

edit: Seems my quick reply/quick quote are gone too. Hmm. So is title shrinkage.

I have the replacement goto last post/unvisit icons, thread navigation, and the menus. Everything is enabled in options, but it's not working.

Kazy fucked around with this message at 04:06 on Oct 1, 2007

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?

duz posted:

Can you give me a screen shot of the forums panel in the options?
Forums options:

And the forums options within SALR:

duz
Jul 11, 2005

It's because your icon urls are invalid.
You want chrome://salastread/skin/lastpost.png and chrome://salastread/skin/unvisit.png or just hit the default buttons.

duz fucked around with this message at 02:41 on Oct 1, 2007

The Vikings
Jul 3, 2004

ODIN!!!!!

Nap Ghost

pintle posted:

I think that's caused by disabling scripts from somethingawful.crwdcntrl.net . Since the problem is only in Firefox, it's probably an extension that's the culprit.
You are wonderful. I do indeed have noscript and enableing scripts on crwdcntrl fixed the probem.

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?
Odd. Wonder how those got changed. Or did the updates just not change those to the new defaults?

duz
Jul 11, 2005

New Update!.
Mostly bug fixes and code clean up. I did sneak in the ability to see the total page count next to the last page link on the forum view.

Known Issues
See the second post

Changelog
Cleaned up some of the dynamic CSS
Cleaned up the text link -> image convert to run a hair faster
Added a page count next to the Last link under thread titles

Bug Fixes
Removed forum's highlighting being dependent on SALR's highlighting enabled
Returned the missing space to the Ban History link
Context menu should not appear until you visit Something Awful
Putting context menu at top and disabling it should no longer cause SALR to crash
Moving the new reply count no longer causes the go to last post link to dissapear
Context menu should work perfectly now and not display on non-SA pages

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

duz posted:

New Update!.
Mostly bug fixes and code clean up. I did sneak in the ability to see the total page count next to the last page link on the forum view.

Known Issues
See the second post

Changelog
Cleaned up some of the dynamic CSS
Cleaned up the text link -> image convert to run a hair faster
Added a page count next to the Last link under thread titles

Bug Fixes
Removed forum's highlighting being dependent on SALR's highlighting enabled
Returned the missing space to the Ban History link
Context menu should not appear until you visit Something Awful
Putting context menu at top and disabling it should no longer cause SALR to crash
Moving the new reply count no longer causes the go to last post link to dissapear
Context menu should work perfectly now and not display on non-SA pages

Installed this, still can't get Quick Quote to work. Quick reply works fine, but Quick Quote, title shrinkage, and some other stuff just doesn't work.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Kazy posted:

Installed this, still can't get Quick Quote to work. Quick reply works fine, but Quick Quote, title shrinkage, and some other stuff just doesn't work.

Go to about:config and set extensions.salastread.suppressErrors to false and let me know what errors pop up.

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

duz posted:

Go to about:config and set extensions.salastread.suppressErrors to false and let me know what errors pop up.

The image is pretty big, so I'll link it: here.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Kazy posted:

The image is pretty big, so I'll link it: here.

Alright, something's screwy with your database. I'll try to fix it via code for the next update but you can fix it right now by going to your Firefox profile directory and deleting salastread.sqlite. You'll lose your salr starred and ignored threads so make a note of them if you want them back.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
Is it possible to hide the "quote" button for your own posts?

I know it's my own drat fault, but I've twice now accidentally quoted myself instead of editing my post. I wouldn't think it would be any harder than hiding the "edit" button for other users.

Biaxident
Sep 4, 2003

GLOCK: Explosive Firepower!

Gorilla Salad posted:

Is it possible to hide the "quote" button for your own posts?

I know it's my own drat fault, but I've twice now accidentally quoted myself instead of editing my post. I wouldn't think it would be any harder than hiding the "edit" button for other users.

This seems like a novel idea to me.

Wazzerphuk
Feb 9, 2001

Hating Chelsea before it was cool
Winner of the PWM POTM for September
Winner of the PWM POTM for January
Co-Winner of the PWM POTM for March
I don't think I've seen this suggested before, but would the new 'Go to first unread post' feature be a decent thing to put in the down box of the mouse gesture menu?

-Dethstryk-
Oct 20, 2000
Just installed the latest update, and the number of new posts doesn't show up in the graphic next to the thread title after it's redrawn. The number of new posts does show up in parentheses under the number of posts column, though.

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?
The re-anchor at first new post doesn't work anymore. Just out of curiosity, how should that option in the forums control panel be set? Should they both be on, or only one?

Ronald Duck
Jun 26, 2005
My mum says I’m cool.

-Dethstryk- posted:

Just installed the latest update, and the number of new posts doesn't show up in the graphic next to the thread title after it's redrawn. The number of new posts does show up in parentheses under the number of posts column, though.

You will need to change the option in SALR.

What happened to the Tools > SALR Config menu?

-Dethstryk-
Oct 20, 2000

Chick3n posted:

You will need to change the option in SALR.

What option in SALR? I don't see anything that looks relevant.

PurDunamis
Jun 17, 2005

-Dethstryk- posted:

SALR Preferences > Forums > Uncheck 'Show new replies count in the replies column'. That should get things working how you want them to.

-Dethstryk-
Oct 20, 2000

PurDunamis posted:

SALR Preferences > Forums > Uncheck 'Show new replies count in the replies column'. That should get things working how you want them to.
Weird. I wouldn't have thought that was messing it up, but that worked perfectly. Thanks!

Ronald Duck
Jun 26, 2005
My mum says I’m cool.

-Dethstryk- posted:

I'm unsure really. It's just a shortcut to the configure SALR panel, it was useful for me because I don't have the SA menu enabled and it's easier then opening the addons option.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

-Dethstryk- posted:

Weird. I wouldn't have thought that was messing it up, but that worked perfectly. Thanks!

Yeah, I was fixing some of the defaults and some things like that might change on you.

Chick3n posted:

I took it out to see if anyone would notice. There are three other places to access the salr config and am trying to cut down the code. I suppose I could work it back in.

hooah posted:

The re-anchor at first new post doesn't work anymore. Just out of curiosity, how should that option in the forums control panel be set? Should they both be on, or only one?

I'd think they both should be set, but I'm rewriting that code in SALR, it was rather messy.

duz fucked around with this message at 15:39 on Oct 1, 2007

Factor Mystic
Mar 20, 2006

Baby's First Post-Apocalyptic Fiction
How do I set it so the "go to new posts" button is forums default?
I have this:

and I thought unchecking this would do it:

...but no luck. It works as expected without salr.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Factor Mystic posted:

How do I set it so the "go to new posts" button is forums default?
I have this:

and I thought unchecking this would do it:

...but no luck. It works as expected without salr.

Like so:

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?
Sorry I keep bugging you guys, but how do I remove the number of replies? Neither of the relevant boxes in the SALR config are checked, but my CP still looks like this:

Factor Mystic
Mar 20, 2006

Baby's First Post-Apocalyptic Fiction

duz posted:

Like so:

Ah, heh. Thanks :)

duz
Jul 11, 2005

hooah posted:

Sorry I keep bugging you guys, but how do I remove the number of replies? Neither of the relevant boxes in the SALR config are checked, but my CP still looks like this:

Check the `Show new replies count in the replies column` box (in SALR).

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?

duz posted:

Check the `Show new replies count in the replies column` box (in SALR).

I've tried with every combination of those boxes possible, and it always looks the same. Unless I have to restart Firefox for those particular changes to take effect?

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

hooah posted:

I've tried with every combination of those boxes possible, and it always looks the same. Unless I have to restart Firefox for those particular changes to take effect?

I think you always have to restart Firefox for changes to go through.

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
I would just like to congratulate the people still working on Last Read. It remains an excellent tool even after the forum upgrades and for the first time since those upgrades the plugin is working very well for me.

The only not working for me is the ability to add names to the highlighted posters list. Other than that everything is working just fine.

ClydeUmney
May 13, 2004

One can hardly ignore the Taoist implications of "Fuck it, Dude. Let's go bowling."

As always, thanks for the hard work. Almost every issue I mentioned earlier has cleared up for me--I think the forums were having some load time issues, and that was killing me.

However, for some reason, the post coloring for special users (i.e., the posters I choose to add special colors to) only seems to work AFTER the thread has been read. If their post is unread, the user name is colored, but not the background. That's not how it's supposed to work, is it?

Anyways, the extension is awesome. Kudos for getting the right-click thing fixed so quickly. Thanks muchly for all the hard work.

Edit: Am I crazy, or did the SALR right-click options not used to show up on non-SA pages? I just right clicked on a friend's blog and had them in the menu.

EDIT 2: Gone now. Never mind.

ClydeUmney fucked around with this message at 02:28 on Oct 2, 2007

duz
Jul 11, 2005

kri kri posted:

I think you always have to restart Firefox for changes to go through.

The only time you have to restart Firefox is for changes to the SALR menu.

hooah posted:

Go to about :config and set extensions.salastread.disableNewReCount to false and hit refresh on the forums. If that still doesn't work, give me a screen shot of the forums tab on the SALR config.

Judakel posted:

The only not working for me is the ability to add names to the highlighted posters list. Other than that everything is working just fine.

Go to about :config and set extensions.salastread.suppressErrors to false and let me know what errors pop up when you try to add someone. It may be something screwy with the database.

ClydeUmney posted:

However, for some reason, the post coloring for special users (i.e., the posters I choose to add special colors to) only seems to work AFTER the thread has been read. If their post is unread, the user name is colored, but not the background. That's not how it's supposed to work, is it?

I'm pretty sure I fixed that last night, has it still been like that today?

ClydeUmney
May 13, 2004

One can hardly ignore the Taoist implications of "Fuck it, Dude. Let's go bowling."

duz posted:

I'm pretty sure I fixed that last night, has it still been like that today?

The quote is working now, but the user coloring doesn't seem to be. At least, not for me...works fine AFTER it's read, though. The quoting me coloring works all the time, though.

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

Woohoo, like the update.
I noticed the 'up' gesture in a subforum like Goons With Spoons takes me back to the board index rather than parent forum. I'm fine with it that way though.

Psychodude
Nov 12, 2004
You do realize you're not wearing any pants, right?
Is it just me, or does SALR remove the edit button? I can't see the edit button on any page on the forums if SALR is running and disabling it brings it back. Is this just me?

Edit: Unchecking the "Hide edit button for users other than yourself" option fixes this. Weird.

Biaxident
Sep 4, 2003

GLOCK: Explosive Firepower!

Psychodude posted:

Is it just me, or does SALR remove the edit button? I can't see the edit button on any page on the forums if SALR is running and disabling it brings it back. Is this just me?

Edit: Unchecking the "Hide edit button for users other than yourself" option fixes this. Weird.

Integrated features are weeeeeeeeird. Haha. Tard.

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?

duz posted:

Go to about :config and set extensions.salastread.disableNewReCount to false and hit refresh on the forums. If that still doesn't work, give me a screen shot of the forums tab on the SALR config.

It was already false. Here's the 'shot:

Edit: Also, I noticed that the option to remove edit buttons on others' posts isn't working either.

hooah fucked around with this message at 12:23 on Oct 2, 2007

sildenafil
Dec 17, 2004

They're just jealous.

hooah posted:

Edit: Also, I noticed that the option to remove edit buttons on others' posts isn't working either.

Really? It's working fine for me.

|||||||
Aug 19, 2004

I'm not Chemmy
The only complaint I have is my options (Uses the SALR style buttons) keep changing as I upgrade. But I haven't done any testing so unless you know why this happens without doing any work please ignore this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ryanbruce
May 1, 2002

The "Dell Dude"

||||||| posted:

The only complaint I have is my options (Uses the SALR style buttons) keep changing as I upgrade. But I haven't done any testing so unless you know why this happens without doing any work please ignore this.

It's happening to me with other settings too. I keep having to disable inline images and/or shrinking every time I upgrade along with the forums style buttons. Come to think of it, the replies shoot to the reply column every time too.

• Locked thread