Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Demented Footstool
Jan 3, 2007

Do Not Summon The Fire

MyDogIsBeano posted:

Also as a user wandering over from Opera, I am wondering about two things the Opera SALR had:

1. Moving read posts up to the top of the page.

2. Colorizing the OP's post and any posts that quote me.

Are these available in SALR Firefox?

SALR for Firefox can colorize the OP's post, but not any posts that quote you (although I'd love to see that feature.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Demented Footstool
Jan 3, 2007

Do Not Summon The Fire

Hardcore Sax posted:

Also, spoiler tags in the vbcode.

I added this to SALR on my end and sent a message to duz via PM. Hopefully it will be integrated soon.

Demented Footstool
Jan 3, 2007

Do Not Summon The Fire

Alfalfa posted:

Since bookmarking threads is now becoming a big deal, is there a way to make a floating button or something that will automatically take us back to the bookmarked page thread? Having to scroll all the way up to click user control panel is way to tough :)

Wouldn't the home key work almost as well? (Top of page, then user control panel.)

Demented Footstool
Jan 3, 2007

Do Not Summon The Fire

d[-.-]b posted:

Hardcore Sax posted:

Any chance of adding an image transloader into the waffleimages buttons? That would make it infinitely more useful for me.

Also, spoiler tags in the vbcode.
Double requesting this.

Both features have been coded / added and should be in the next nightly.

Edit:

duz posted:

Only if you don't know magic.
Some magic that was.

Demented Footstool fucked around with this message at 06:55 on Jul 27, 2007

Demented Footstool
Jan 3, 2007

Do Not Summon The Fire

Grouch posted:

Any one else having problems with the SA Menu?

It keeps randomly dissapearing and giving me the "Visit a forum to reload list" message, i've tried visiting various sub-forums, logging in and out, uninstalling the extension and re-installing but nothing works.

Not having that issue either. What version of SALR are you using?

Demented Footstool
Jan 3, 2007

Do Not Summon The Fire

Lache posted:

The old unread button is back now, but clicking it does nothing but make both the 'Go to newest post' and 'Mark unread' button disappear. Refreshing the page shows the thread as if you hadn't even touched it before, i.e. both buttons are still present. Has this been addressed already?

SALR can not mark threads unread (this is handled by the forum itself, not SALR). You can turn off the "Mark unread" icon in the Forum pane of the SALR configuration pane.

Edit:

To reiterate what duz posted earlier:

duz posted:

I have a cool idea for SALR! or I found a bug, you people are jerks!

Our project is hosted on the goon run Bounty Source. If your bug/idea is not already on the list feel free to post in this thread to talk about it or even add it to the list.

Post your feature requests there / in this thread and they stand a better chance of being implemented than if they're only in the previous thread(s).

Demented Footstool fucked around with this message at 05:09 on Jul 31, 2007

Demented Footstool
Jan 3, 2007

Do Not Summon The Fire
SALR will soon (next nightly) support highlighting posts that quote you.

Demented Footstool
Jan 3, 2007

Do Not Summon The Fire

erebus25 posted:

SALR User stalker feature.

I wouldn't mind seeing the code for this if you don't mind. The highlighting / background coloring of quotes is something that would be good for the highlight-posts-that-quote-you feature, and I'd like to see how you did it.

Demented Footstool
Jan 3, 2007

Do Not Summon The Fire

MyDogIsBeano posted:

So my question stands for BountySource: How does it work? If I pledge the money for this feature will erebus get it, or what? Or is it a general fundraiser for the whole Bounty SOurce site? Or are the pledges doled out to the team as a whole? If the money does not go straight to the team, is there a paypal donations button somewhere else?

I believe that you'd have to pledge an amount for the feature, and then erebus would have to add his solution and then wait a week for it to "clear" (anyone can look at the solution to see if there are any issues).

It might just be easier to donate directly to him if you want.

Hopefully someone else can clear up how exactly it works.

Demented Footstool
Jan 3, 2007

Do Not Summon The Fire

erebus25 posted:

3) And I can't seem to find a good way to get a user's username out of SALR, so as a fix I grab the name from the "Custom user highlighting" stuff. Any one have a better idea?

If we stick with the "Custom user highlighting" way it will mean two things;
1) A person will have to add themselves with the "Add Coloring/Note" link
2) And then of course will get 3 pages of people complaining that the highlight of people that quote you doesn't work because they haven't done this.

Actually that brings up another bug, if someone doesn't add a comment to a user they've added to the custom colouring, then they don't show up in SALR configure panel. Probably should fix that while I'm here.

Comments? Questions? Insults?

I actually committed this feature last night (including pulling the username from SALR username highlighting) with just about the same implementation as you did (just without having *only* the quoted block highlighted). However, your implementation seems better so feel free to commit over what I did.

Edit: Your post just made me realize my code was slightly broken in that it only checks the first quote in a post to see if you're quoted. I can either fix it or let you deal with it.

Demented Footstool fucked around with this message at 20:10 on Aug 1, 2007

Demented Footstool
Jan 3, 2007

Do Not Summon The Fire

erebus25 posted:

Lots of code stuff

Heh, even the code is just about the same.

erebus25 posted:

Well at the moment, the why I handle it is in handleShowThread, I have this

What I meant was that my code only handles the first quote in each post - so if the post has two quotes and your username is mentioned in the second quote block, it won't be highlighted.

The easiest way is to let the user decide what color they want for their quoted backround and just use the same background value as their own posts (rather than adding yet another color picker box to the options.) Either that, or add a "user" of -1 and have the code pull from the color value of said imaginary user.

Demented Footstool
Jan 3, 2007

Do Not Summon The Fire

erebus25 posted:

Hmm for reason I've got a mistrust of magic numbers in things like this, the only numbers we can assume won't be used for userid are 0 and -1, and for some reason a user with userid 0 is already in my custom user highlighting.

Besides I've already added the code to add a new colour picker for this, I thought it fit into the category rather than user highlighting and also it allows to have different colours depending on which forums (FYAD/BYOB/other).

This is unless people would prefer that just the name of the person that quoted you is highlighted rather than the whole post like I have at the moment?

Ah yeah I've been looking around bountysource already, but for some reason my mind didn't connect BS=BountySource. I'm signed up as erebus25.

The color pane for categories is a good place for it, and I like having the entire quoted block show up highlighted, but it'd be easy enough to have a checkbox to change between highlighting just your username or the whole quote block.

Demented Footstool
Jan 3, 2007

Do Not Summon The Fire

m2pt5 posted:

Edit2: Would it be possible to get (at least an option for) an RGB-style color picker? (Something like the default Windows one.) I have a hell of a time messing with that HSB stuff.

You can enter in RGB values in the color picker.

Demented Footstool
Jan 3, 2007

Do Not Summon The Fire

dpvtank posted:

I went through this thread, and I don't know if I missed it or not. I also went on the feature request website to look for this but I didn't see a way to change the way the forums look.

I know that there are three modes: normal, fyad, and byob, but a way to get your own colours? When surfing this website, my eyes often get pretty tired looking at the bright whitish background. It would be great if users could completely customize their browsing experience on the forums.

Anyone?

You can change the colors that show up for the light/dark gray background for forum posts. Click on the "Unseen Post (light)" and "Unseen Posts (dark)" to change the colors.

Demented Footstool
Jan 3, 2007

Do Not Summon The Fire

LastInLine posted:

But right now the custom forum colors are still broken, right?

It seems that way (just tried it). Unread coloring seems to be broken while read coloring seems to work. If I remember I'll take a look at it later to see what's broken.

Demented Footstool
Jan 3, 2007

Do Not Summon The Fire

a sharp thing posted:

Nevermind, I just read about the icon changes.

Generally, it takes a bit of time for the colors to load. I thought that once they'd loaded once, they'd be remembered by the site, and not have a ten-second loading period for the colors to come. Hmmm.

You mean the custom highlighting?

That's done by SALR after the page has finished loading, rather than as the page loads.

Demented Footstool
Jan 3, 2007

Do Not Summon The Fire
It seems with the new forum version, the "new post" link now goes to a url like ?noseen=0&threadid=2571027&pagenumber=33#pti30 , which messes up the paginator. Clicking on the arrow to go to the next page, it passes the anchor along, resulting in Firefox jumping to the location rather than the top of the next page.

I'm using SALR version 080518 with Firefox 2.

Demented Footstool
Jan 3, 2007

Do Not Summon The Fire

jackpot posted:

I'm new to Macs and don't even know where my profile is saved, can someone just reply when a new version comes out so I can reinstall and get rid of this damned error message that pops up with every page?

It's stored under ~/Library/Application Support/Firefox/Profiles/[something].default/ , where ~ is your home folder.

That might help… it's worth a shot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Demented Footstool
Jan 3, 2007

Do Not Summon The Fire

maketakunai posted:

Couldn't find anything on this, so..

In Firefox 2, hitting Alt-A when Find is open [un]checks "Highlight all" and overrides SALR's dropdown menu shortcut key. Is there a way to change it so SALR has precedence or that highlight all doesn't have Alt-A as a shortcut key?

Edit: I read it wrong... I'm not sure what you're having an issue with.

As a bonus tip, alt+s submits in the SALR pop-up window. I found that out when hitting different combinations to try to reproduce the above issue.

Demented Footstool fucked around with this message at 19:59 on Jun 10, 2008

• Locked thread