Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ryanbruce
May 1, 2002

The "Dell Dude"

duz posted:

Known Issues

Ignoring threads not working entirely right
Converting YouTube links to the embedded player not working entirely right
Forum view thread coloring not working

I'd like to add the favorite question from the old thread to your list.

r2tincan posted:

Is there a reason why, in image threads, replies quoting images don't show the images anymore?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ryanbruce
May 1, 2002

The "Dell Dude"
Hey guys, the OP's name isn't being highlighted any more.. any ideas?

:v:

ryanbruce
May 1, 2002

The "Dell Dude"
Testing an SALR bug. This is a reply using Quick Reply.

ryanbruce
May 1, 2002

The "Dell Dude"
Well now I'm not able to get what I getting before. Here's what I'm doing:

1. Post using Quick Reply
2. Edit that post using Quick Edit
3. Click Quick Quote of post above mine
4. Comment on that quoted item
5. Hit Submit.

I would get a new post instead of an edit. Now I'm getting this instead:

1. Post using Quick Reply
2. Edit post using Quick Edit
3. Click Quick Quote of post above mine
4. Never actually retrieve quote.

FF 2.0.0.6, SALR v1.99.070730

ryanbruce
May 1, 2002

The "Dell Dude"
It begins. :derp:

ryanbruce
May 1, 2002

The "Dell Dude"

Revolvyerom posted:

Nono, it works fine for the forums listings.
NOT in the UCP though :(

Looks like it's been addressed.
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=2620961#post333209954

ryanbruce
May 1, 2002

The "Dell Dude"

dexter6 posted:

O.K....I haven't had any "in thread" coloring in a long time. Is there a setting I need to look at?

Also, how the heck do you mark a thread unread?

Check your Control Panel options.

Go back to the forum (eg GBS) and click the red X on the thread.

ryanbruce
May 1, 2002

The "Dell Dude"

Atrus posted:

I get the same thing as well.

Me too. Should we not be?

ryanbruce
May 1, 2002

The "Dell Dude"
I'm not an SALR fanboy an admittedly have most of the SALR button stuff turned off, but the button issue was fixed not 6 posts above your first one.

The highlighting thing is a bit odd but it doesn't bother me enough to care.

ryanbruce
May 1, 2002

The "Dell Dude"
It's the thing I use the most. The quick ability to access the Control Panel, PM's, etc are awesome. Realistically I could do this with bookmarks but why bother?

ryanbruce
May 1, 2002

The "Dell Dude"
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=2571027&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=9#post333698726

I haven't tried it myself, but that's the suggested method.

ryanbruce
May 1, 2002

The "Dell Dude"

||||||| posted:

The only complaint I have is my options (Uses the SALR style buttons) keep changing as I upgrade. But I haven't done any testing so unless you know why this happens without doing any work please ignore this.

It's happening to me with other settings too. I keep having to disable inline images and/or shrinking every time I upgrade along with the forums style buttons. Come to think of it, the replies shoot to the reply column every time too.

ryanbruce
May 1, 2002

The "Dell Dude"

Tabachinova posted:

I don't get the forums menu, it shows when the page is loading but when it's finished it disappears.

You probably have "remove SA footers/headers" enabled on the General tab.

Edit: Oh why hello there page 16! Serves me right for not checking to see if there was another page.

ryanbruce
May 1, 2002

The "Dell Dude"
Replicated on Firefox 2.0.0.4, OSX, SALR 1.99.070930

ryanbruce
May 1, 2002

The "Dell Dude"

Revolvyerom posted:

Would it be feasible to set up SALR to indicate when the OP has posted again in a thread? It's a bit annoying to go look at the most recent posts when you see there are, say, 20 of them, and they're all people going "This is a nice thread. I like it." as they wait for the OP to post.

I think the easiest implementation would be to check the "who posted" link in the forum view. Maybe SALR could keep track of the count and if it sees the OP +1 it would put a star next to it or something.

I'm not a programmer, but that would seem to be the easiest non-crawling method.

ryanbruce
May 1, 2002

The "Dell Dude"

Starky posted:

So how do i install this on the new greasemonkey? I haven't been able to find a way to install it and the old greasemonkey sites I used to help me say I need to use the install script options in tools. But I don't have under my tools section.

I got the latest build of firefox if that helps :(

1. Copy the script into notepad
2. Save as meh.user.js
3. Drag into Firefox.

ryanbruce
May 1, 2002

The "Dell Dude"
You have to browse the the forums and then close/re-open Firefox when that happens. It's SALR wanting to refresh the menus (which can't happen unless you close/re-open Firefox)

ryanbruce
May 1, 2002

The "Dell Dude"

Revolvyerom posted:

Looks like there is an answer after all?

That's just what I understood to be the problem. I've had similar symptoms with other apps that alter the menu..

ryanbruce
May 1, 2002

The "Dell Dude"
Now testing an attachment using the SA "normal" method.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

ryanbruce fucked around with this message at 02:52 on Dec 4, 2007

ryanbruce
May 1, 2002

The "Dell Dude"

duz posted:

If you can see the SA logo you have the latest version installed:

Can anyone else see the SA logo? I've updated SALR on both of my PCs and I'm not seeing it.. Guess I'm not in the cool kids club :smith:

ryanbruce
May 1, 2002

The "Dell Dude"

duz posted:

Do you have convert links to images turned on?

I do not. Will temporarily turn on and try again.

edit: That fixed it. Turning it back off anyways since this is a work PC.

ryanbruce fucked around with this message at 23:25 on Dec 28, 2007

ryanbruce
May 1, 2002

The "Dell Dude"

warning posted:

Anyway, I know this is a big ramble but just a heads up and I'll report back when I have some more solid info on what causes it.

Just chiming in to let you know you're not alone; I saw it too.

ryanbruce
May 1, 2002

The "Dell Dude"
It looks like it's CSS related, so try clearing your cache or force a reload of the webpage via (I can't remember if it's shift+f5 or ctrl+f5).

edit: My Quick Reply had the same issue as dirtbag (Submit button greyed out) but the [[retrieving post quote]] stuff cleared after a few seconds.

ryanbruce
May 1, 2002

The "Dell Dude"
Left clicking the BountySource link installs it just fine for me. :confused:

ryanbruce
May 1, 2002

The "Dell Dude"
Interestingly enough, I think it's the same issue I occasionally get with the greyed out "OK" button when I get the Open/Save dialog box. If you click out of the Quick Reply window and go to another tab/whatever, the Submit button usually returns for me.

ryanbruce
May 1, 2002

The "Dell Dude"
Whoa. Apparently there's normal, fmt=18 (high quality) and fmt=22 (720p)

Amazing.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zlfKdbWwruY&fmt=22

ryanbruce
May 1, 2002

The "Dell Dude"

withak posted:

Feature request:

Can there be an option to hide the web 2.0 "edit bookmarks" button that appears at the top of the bookmarked threads page? It never appears until after the entire page has loaded and it makes it so the entire page always jumps down a half inch just as I am about to click something. :argh:

It's supposed to be hidden but it has been broken longer than it was working. It bugs me too though.

ryanbruce
May 1, 2002

The "Dell Dude"
Looks like another thing SALR may not need to do again:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f2b1D5w82yU

I suppose SALR could add it to the vB code dropdown :)

ryanbruce
May 1, 2002

The "Dell Dude"
No tags. about :config (worked before test #2)

Even adding an open bracket and closing bracket is enough to break it. [ ]

ryanbruce fucked around with this message at 05:06 on May 13, 2009

ryanbruce
May 1, 2002

The "Dell Dude"

The Noble Nobbler posted:

Do you have any javascript / firefox development tool recommendations? I currently use Firebug and Aptana.

Used to just use Microsoft Expressions Web 2 (as a very fancy textpad because I was complacent. I'm totally going to check out Aptana now though.

ryanbruce
May 1, 2002

The "Dell Dude"
Gone for me too. Not sure how long since I never use it.

ryanbruce
May 1, 2002

The "Dell Dude"

EX-GAIJIN AT LAST posted:

I still have it in both threadview and forumview. I'm still on Firefox 3.0.11, Win 7 RC 7100 - are you guys on Firefox 3.5 maybe?

3.5 with Vista here.

ryanbruce
May 1, 2002

The "Dell Dude"
Thanks for the fix! Better than nothing! :)

ryanbruce
May 1, 2002

The "Dell Dude"

the_ruiner posted:

Someone click the "Who posted?" link for this thread and list their "Users of interest."

Mine shows only Carnivean and myself.

Mine has all the SALR devs, myself, and that Carnivean guy. What's odd is that all the SALR devs are in my custom highlighting but that Carnivean guy isn't. :confused:

ryanbruce
May 1, 2002

The "Dell Dude"

Capsaicin posted:

I'm having trouble on Mac OS X. I can use the extension mostly fine, and it's just a minor annoyance, but is there any way I can get middle click to work on the pulldown menu to open a new tab, like it does with every other link? :\

Right-click.

ryanbruce
May 1, 2002

The "Dell Dude"
Use Adblock Plus to block http://fi.somethingawful.com/customtitles/*?

ryanbruce fucked around with this message at 20:33 on Oct 4, 2009

ryanbruce
May 1, 2002

The "Dell Dude"
Usually it's people that are in your custom user highlighting, but I have two in the "persons of interest" from this thread that aren't in my custom highlighting :crossarms:

ryanbruce
May 1, 2002

The "Dell Dude"

Mister Bung posted:

Sorry to bump a month old thread but the new Firefox update destroyed SA last read compatability. Can you explain the about :config thing a bit more? Searching in it for set extensions.checkCompatibility gives no result.

What broke? I just upgraded to Firefox 3.5.6 and am now looking for what exploded :ohdear:

ryanbruce
May 1, 2002

The "Dell Dude"
Upgrade to XP SP3 and get all the other Windows Updates available. There is pretty much no reason to be running SP2 any longer.

As for the other issues, I'm not really sure. I'm running the same builds you are and don't have the issue.. Are you running NoScript or any other similar script blocking addons?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ryanbruce
May 1, 2002

The "Dell Dude"

Mr. Heliotrope posted:

You could probably just check the Leper's Colony if it's recent.

:effort:

I actually had this exact scenario come up yesterday when someone had a Twitter post about one of our mutual associates being probated. It ended up being bogus but it could have been real! IT COULD HAVE BEEN REAL!

Then again in the eh, 8 years I've been a member that's come up all of once, maybe twice. Still if it's not work to code we may as well add it on, eh?

[redacting this part because I realized that it'd be trivial to get the userid and spit out the URL to the Leper's Colony]

edit 2: Oh gently caress it's been over 8 years? I feel so old :(

ryanbruce fucked around with this message at 07:30 on Aug 14, 2010

• Locked thread