Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
poopiehead
Oct 6, 2004

Alfalfa posted:

Since bookmarking threads is now becoming a big deal, is there a way to make a floating button or something that will automatically take us back to the bookmarked page thread? Having to scroll all the way up to click user control panel is way to tough :)

You can use the SA menu. Have to move the mouse but don't have to scroll

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

poopiehead
Oct 6, 2004

||||||| posted:

That sounds really hard :) I just added bookmarks to my SA menu as a link.

Just curious because I haven't seen a difference. Is there any difference between User Control Panel and Bookmarks other than one having private messages and one being a bit wider.?

poopiehead
Oct 6, 2004

which thread is doing that? (or are those two numbers thread ID's that must be in archives?)

poopiehead fucked around with this message at 17:36 on Jul 27, 2007

poopiehead
Oct 6, 2004

Can't tell you how it happened but the poster id is stored in the sqllite file. So either digging in and deleting the row(with something like this or deleting the whole file will probably fix it. If you delete the file you will lose any info SALR has stored about threads. Thread highlighting shouldn't really be affected though.

poopiehead
Oct 6, 2004

duz posted:

Since the forums now track the OP, I need to update that code to remove it from the database.

oops. I didn't mean to say I didn't get why you put it there. I meant I didn't know what caused chizad's problem.

poopiehead
Oct 6, 2004

Factor Mystic posted:

This would be a great feature for the control panel/bookmarked threads list, like it used to be.

Wouldn't all of them be read threads and be moved to the top?

Unless you mean move threads that are partially read to the top.

poopiehead
Oct 6, 2004

-Dethstryk- posted:

No. If you skip around you can start to break up the bookmarked threads. I'd love to see a way to resort them.

What I mean is that all threads that are bookmarked are necessarily at least partially read. Some are fully read. What you want and maybe what that feature is is all partially read threads moved to the top with fully read threads unaffected. Right?

(As the feature was described, it sounded like it would move up both partially and fully read threads)

poopiehead
Oct 6, 2004

Ehjpic posted:

How hard would it be for someone to make a new feature that showed the newest posts, from all over the forum, not just one thread?

Probably not possible without doing webcrawler-like shenanigans which SA frowns upon.

poopiehead
Oct 6, 2004

Ehjpic posted:

What about something that highlights the forum sections that contain new posts, since the lat time you looked at a thread, within that section.

Sorry if it's hard to understand.:words:

If I'm understanding you right, then it's the same problem. SALR can only use info it can grab from the screen while you're browsing and I don't think this info is available anywhere since it's necessarily info about places you haven't been yet.

edit: what duz said.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

poopiehead
Oct 6, 2004

Extremely, extremely, extremely minor issue. >) and >) render as something similar to <:) and >:) in the live preview but aren't recognized by the forums.

• Locked thread