Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

:derp:   :kayak:                                     
I got a couple feature requests.

1. A link to your own profile up top.
2. A quick link to show your own posts in a thread. Perhaps in the navigator thingy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

Neito posted:

You can already do that. it's the question mark below the person's name/title.

I know that. But you have to find your post in the thread to get there

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

duz posted:

Click the who posted link at the top of the thread then click the post count next to your name.

My name's not always on there if I don't have a lot of posts (like for this thread). Although I never noticed that who posted link before.

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

Can the user notes system be tweaked a bit? Sometimes I just want to write "ok dude" under someone's name so I don't troll them in the future, but it takes 3 clicks and a scroll to get to the note. And it seems you have to change the color to even notice that there is a note on someone which takes even more time. Is there any way to make it so you can just click somewhere under the user's avatar and have an input box pop up and type a note in and have the note appear there from then on?

Schweinhund fucked around with this message at 05:33 on Aug 13, 2009

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

Thanks, but it says it's not compatible with Firefox 3.5.2 :(

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

Works now, thanks!

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

Have you tried restarting your computer?

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

The custom notes is way too convoluted to use. You have to click about 6 buttons to leave a note. I use "Goon Notes" which is a Greasemonkey script someone wrote and is a lot simpler.

also I'd like to repeat my request for a "Show your posts" link somewhere, maybe next to the "Who posted" link since that would be pretty useful.

Schweinhund fucked around with this message at 02:41 on Jan 17, 2010

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/1765/

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

The "Re" links on the forum index have been changed from a javascript...script to a plain link. Can the "Who posted" link be changed as well?

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

Someone requested this in QCS. How about a "Search subforum" option similar to the "search thread" option?

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

You can do that in the SA control panel:
http://forums.somethingawful.com/member.php?action=editoptions

(Show image attachments and [img] code in Posts?).

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

Request: Can a button be added on each post that lets you mark that post as the last read post in the thread?

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

Ok, great. Thank you both.

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

That's not an SALR thing, there's a new forum coder and he's working on things. The TIMGs didn't used to work right in some browsers so it was recoded.

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

For the search thread box, can it be changed so it doesn't search the thread title? If you search for a word in the title it returns every post in the thread.

e: also while you're up there, any chance of a "see your posts in this thread" link next to it?

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

It still says (8) on the right

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

Is there anyway to limit the size of images in sigs or possibly convert them to links? Or can this be added? And I know you can turn them off or adblock them but I'd rather not do that.

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

Hit ctrl F5 to refresh your cache or command + R on Mac

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

Gorilla Salad posted:

Speaking of search - next to each post is the little "?" to show every post that person has made in a thread. Sometimes I want to find a post I've made in a thread but the only way to do so is to either post again or hunt down one of my old posts and click the "?" there. Which can be hard in a massive thread. Or a closed one.

Would it be possible to add the "show posts by this user" question mark next to the SALR search box and the "Who posted" at the top of each page?

Or I've missed an incredibly obvious and easy way to find old posts in a thread and have been doing it the hard way all this time.

I requested someone to make a greasemonkey script to add a link to your posts and they made it here (and it's been very useful):

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=2415898&pagenumber=70#post438078501

where it says var userid = 169765; you have to replace 169765 with your own ID.

Schweinhund fucked around with this message at 02:17 on Jan 19, 2015

• Locked thread