Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sildenafil
Dec 17, 2004

They're just jealous.

Carnivean posted:

I get the same thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sildenafil
Dec 17, 2004

They're just jealous.

Chamberpothead posted:

Am I the only one that uses the menu? When I've turned off SALR for testing, that's the first thing I notice. Do other people use it? Customize it? Or do they just take it for granted?

This is one of my favorite things about the extension.

sildenafil
Dec 17, 2004

They're just jealous.

duz posted:

They'll be in the update I'm going to push out in a few hours if nothing breaks while I'm testing it.

:woop:

Have I told you lately that I love you duz?

sildenafil
Dec 17, 2004

They're just jealous.
Is the coloring for quoted posts supposed to be working?

FF 2.0.0.7, SALR 1.99.070925

Edit: I'm an idiot. Sorry :(

sildenafil fucked around with this message at 01:37 on Sep 27, 2007

sildenafil
Dec 17, 2004

They're just jealous.
I just double checked to see how the quoted post coloring would show up. I like it! :)

Thanks for all the hard work guys!

sildenafil
Dec 17, 2004

They're just jealous.

hooah posted:

Edit: Also, I noticed that the option to remove edit buttons on others' posts isn't working either.

Really? It's working fine for me.

sildenafil
Dec 17, 2004

They're just jealous.
Speaking of the new quote box, do we have an ETA on an update to fix quote coloring?

:love: all you guys...I wish I had even a basic knowledge of coding :sigh:

the_ruiner: that looks pretty cool. anyway that could be incorporated into an update?

sildenafil
Dec 17, 2004

They're just jealous.

astral posted:

The next update will fix the "Search Forums" link in the SALR menu, too.

:woop: Looking forward to it, thanks for all the hard work astral.

sildenafil
Dec 17, 2004

They're just jealous.

Vykk.Draygo posted:

Is the new search thread box supposed to shove whatever post is at the top of the page over so there is blank space under it until the next post?

It doesn't do this for me, and I'm using the 8/09 build with Firefox 3.6.8.

sildenafil
Dec 17, 2004

They're just jealous.

Pento McGreno posted:

Any chance of an option to turn off the forums cancer thing? I'm sure FYAD are hahaha hilarious, but them leaking all across the rest of the forums is just annoying.

- Avatar is swapped for the forums cancer one
- The postbody has <div class="cancerous">...</div> wrapping the content

2nd this request, if possible, although all I'd really want is for the post text to return to black. I don't care as much if the avatar is returned to normal.

sildenafil
Dec 17, 2004

They're just jealous.

maduin posted:

Is there an option I'm missing to display new post counts in-line?

I personally like it under the thread total post count, as seen above, so if this request is added I hope it will default to off.

sildenafil
Dec 17, 2004

They're just jealous.

astral posted:

On another note, I've been thinking about alternate ways of representing forums cancer. Ideally we could offer the option to:
  • Leave the posts as-is with the forums cancer opacity effect
  • Alternate cancer display (possibly like the above links, or possibly completely different)
  • Comedy option: hide cancerous posts entirely

I like the 2nd version, assuming both will revert the text back to black instead of gray until moused over.

sildenafil
Dec 17, 2004

They're just jealous.

astral posted:

[*]Added initial support for alternate cancer post display via extensions.salastread.cancerTreatment:
0: forum default
1: alternate display (opaque text; biohazard background)
2: comedy option to hide cancerous posts entirely (threads will look weird with this; eventually this can have a little box notifying you there was a hidden post)

Ok, I'm an idiot. Where do I find extensions.salastread.cancerTreatment so I can change this option? :shobon:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sildenafil
Dec 17, 2004

They're just jealous.

Alereon posted:

Type about :config (no space) into the address bar and press enter, click past the warning if displayed, paste "extensions.salastread.cancerTreatment" into the Filter bar and press Enter, double-click the number in the Value column and set it to 0, 1, or 2 as desired.

Thank you! I know I've seen about :config mentioned before, but for some reason it didn't click that I needed to go there.

Edit: Hot drat, that makes those cancer posts so much easier to read. I'm loving it! :)

sildenafil fucked around with this message at 13:26 on Nov 24, 2010

• Locked thread