Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cuddly Dan
Jul 6, 2005
Hugs are kewl! <3

Ehjpic posted:

Could someone make this work with Gran Paradiso, FireFox 3 beta? Please.

http://www.mozilla.org/projects/firefox/3.0a7/releasenotes/

I'm running build 21007081105 (the nightly build that's just a couple of days newer than your Firefox 3 alpha 7) and the latest SALR build from BountySource, and it works almost perfectly. What troubles are you having with it?

The only problem I have is that Quickquote/reply/post do not work, but only on one of my machines. Whenever I click a Quick button, I get a Javascript error of:

JavaScript Application posted:

[Exception... "Componenet returned failure code: 0x80004005 (NS_ERROR_FAILUR) [nsIDOMWindow.sizeToContent]" nsresult: "0x80004005 (NS_ERROR_FAILURE)" location: "JS frame :: chrome://salastread/content/quickquote.js :: togglePreview :: line684" data: no]

The Quick Reply window then appears and seems to work perfectly, but I after I click the Submit button, the XUL for the checkboxes and buttons at the bottom disappear and the post never appears. If I try to resize the Quick window, the XUL reappears. This error has been happening for a few months, if I remember correctly.

On my other machine running the same build of Firefox and SALR, this error does not occur and I am able to post perfectly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cuddly Dan
Jul 6, 2005
Hugs are kewl! <3
In case anyone wants to fix the problem themselves (this includes the "mark as unread" and "jump to last read post" icons not appearing), go to your Firefox profile's folder (how to find your profile folder), then extensions/{fc6339b8-9581-4fc7-b824-dffcb091fcb7}, and edit chrome.manifest, changing:

content salastread chrome/content/salastread/ xpcnativewrappers=no

to

content salastread chrome/content/salastread/ xpcnativewrappers=no contentaccessible=yes

If you have any other extensions that are breaking, a similar fix should work for them. Just find lines in chrome.manifest that start with "content". The modification to Firefox was made for a reason, but in practice, it should be fine to edit chrome.manifest on your own.

Cuddly Dan
Jul 6, 2005
Hugs are kewl! <3

Stuface posted:

Do they check the code, or actually test it? I love that someone at Mozilla has to buy a forums account perhaps to test it out.

Depending on the editor that reviews the extension, it can (and should) be both. The major problem right now is that with all the extensions that got released for the Firefox 3 launch, there is (or, at least, very recently was) a huge backlog of extensions waiting to get reviewed.

Cuddly Dan
Jul 6, 2005
Hugs are kewl! <3
The problem is that the dash is improperly encoded in the forum's HTML, so when the forumTitle in addForums() is saved to saforumlist.xml, it causes the saforumlist.xml to be invalid. The next time saforumlist.xml is read (e.g. the next time you start up Firefox), the XML parser throws a "not well-formed" error and refuses to load the doc.

The fix is some mix of sanitizing and encoding, if someone wants to run with this.

• Locked thread