Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Decius
Oct 14, 2005

Ramrod XTreme

kri kri posted:

Could be, I must have them adblock'd. Any way to reclaim the lost space?

Remove It Permanently got rid of it for me (Advanced: "This domain" "All similar items (...)")

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Decius
Oct 14, 2005

Ramrod XTreme
The new version works perfect with my Firfox 3.0 20071204. Thank you very much, I can't tell you how much I missed SALR.

Decius
Oct 14, 2005

Ramrod XTreme

Zorilla posted:

"This will make SALR poo poo its pants" would probably be more accurate

Even if SALR only provides the colouring of read posts with a different colour for new posts and the different, more visible symbols over to the standard forum functionality I would use it. These things alone are worth it. I really hate to browse the forum without it.

Decius
Oct 14, 2005

Ramrod XTreme

RedKazan posted:

New Update!. (1.99.080508)
A few functional changes to the Quick windows.

Known Issues
- See the second post (probably out of date!)
- Nesting multiples of the same vB code will break the live preview in the Quick windows.

Changelog
- Added support for the [ fixed ] vB code tag to the drop down menu.
- Selecting a vB code tag from the drop down menu without having any text selected will now move the cursor to the center of the empty tags.
- Holding Ctrl while selecting a vB code tag from the drop down menu will now maintain any text selection after inserting the tags, so that multiple tags can be applied quickly without having to reselect.

Thanks a lot! If someone now has a solution for FF3 (the missing icons due the changed way you have to extract things out of chrome) again it would be extra tasty.

Decius
Oct 14, 2005

Ramrod XTreme

RedKazan posted:

Could you elaborate on this?

It's no big thing, but with FF3 the icons for last read/mark as unread are missing due a change in the way icons are used. The links still work, you just don't see them:
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?action=showpost&postid=342282710&forumid=22

Already found the solution posted here too that works fine:

Cuddly Dan posted:

In case anyone wants to fix the problem themselves (this includes the "mark as unread" and "jump to last read post" icons not appearing), go to your Firefox profile's folder (how to find your profile folder), then extensions/{fc6339b8-9581-4fc7-b824-dffcb091fcb7}, and edit chrome.manifest, changing:

content salastread chrome/content/salastread/ xpcnativewrappers=no

to

content salastread chrome/content/salastread/ xpcnativewrappers=no contentaccessible=yes

If you have any other extensions that are breaking, a similar fix should work for them. Just find lines in chrome.manifest that start with "content". The modification to Firefox was made for a reason, but in practice, it should be fine to edit chrome.manifest on your own.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?action=showpost&postid=342333255&forumid=22

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Decius
Oct 14, 2005

Ramrod XTreme

kri kri posted:

Yeah I disabled compatibility checking and it works fine for me

Same here (and with 3.6 too). No issues at all.

• Locked thread