Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause
I was going to see the Specials on Friday but re-sale tickets are going for $100

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

Got my tickets for the Aquabats in July with goddamn Reggie and the Full Effect hell yeah

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

Ugh that's a good one, can't wait for Tuesday. That's on my short list of ones I want to hear, up there with Where You Come From, and the gat dang Zig Zag Dance that they played at the one throwdown in the last 5 that I wasn't at

Teemu Pokemon fucked around with this message at 00:03 on Jul 24, 2017

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

The mighty mighty bosstones are the raddest poo poo ever

dicky saw my tattoos, that he drew for me at a meet at greet two throwdowns ago, and told me that I'm a loving maniac which I take as the highest compliment

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

gently caress man that's awesome

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

There's another on my shoulder that I can't really get without finding someone to say hey take a picture of this tattoo for the internet but it's "to be king you don't need a castle" that I just wanted him to write in his own hand writing to make it part of a music themed sleeve I'm working on but he actually drew a full loving tatt so I was like this is pretty rad gonna get it in its own spot, and then he drew that on his own so I figured might as well get both

e: I got it

Teemu Pokemon fucked around with this message at 19:54 on Jul 29, 2017

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

It'll be fun to watch bro douche streetlight fans still find a way to form a mosh pit during an orchestral performance in a seated theater

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

Yeah, no, I'm gonna be front row center for this poo poo I give no fucks this is easily a once in a lifetime opportunity

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

Botar playing ever again after this, especially with a gat dang 40 piece orchestra, is about as likely as ever getting volumes 2-8 of 99SOR

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

If anyone needs a ticket to the opening night of the Throwdown, I have an extra and I'll sell it for face+fees ($35)

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

Catch rules, Tomas is a talented jerk, Jeff is a talented cool dude, Fateo and I stayed in the same hotel, the Streetlight/BOTAR thing on Saturday is gonna rule but all it'll do is just remind me that Tomas is never going to record anything new ever again, I'm currently two songs into POST- and it's p good but so far is just WORRY 2 and I kinda miss when he was making Get Warmer through We Cool? where each successive album has at least a little bit of a different sound

e: Powerlessness is the best song so far simply because it sounds different than the others

Teemu Pokemon fucked around with this message at 17:04 on Jan 7, 2018

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

oh man the mad caddies are acutally coming back to the east coast for the first time in forever :getin:

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

Saturday 05 May 2018
Austin, TX, US

Sunday 06 May 2018
Panther Island, Fort Worth, TX, US

Tuesday 08 May 2018
Virgin Mobile Mod Club, Toronto, ON, Canada

Wednesday 09 May 2018
Théâtre Corona, Montreal, QC, Canada

Thursday 10 May 2018
Imperial Bell, Quebec City, QC, Canada

Friday 11 May 2018
Lizard Lounge, Lancaster, PA, US

Saturday 12 May 2018
Bon Secours Washington Redskins Training Center, Richmond, VA, US

Sunday 13 May 2018
Festival Pier at Penn's Landing, Philadelphia, PA, US

Tuesday 15 May 2018
The Stanhope House, Stanhope, NJ, US

Wednesday 16 May 2018
Gramercy Theatre, New York, NY, US

Thursday 17 May 2018
Black Cat, Washington, DC, US

Friday 18 May 2018
House of Independents, Asbury Park, NJ, US

Saturday 19 May 2018
Campanelli Stadium, Brockton, MA, US

Sunday 20 May 2018
Highmark Stadium, Pittsburgh, PA, US

Friday 01 June 2018
Bottom Lounge, Chicago, IL, US

some of those are with Bad Religion and NOFX. just got tickets for the show in NYC

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

which one of you is this

https://twitter.com/TournRosenstock/status/992210393971019776?s=19

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

Spaced God posted:

saved y'all the time

sorry we steal didn't win asob bracket, is bad

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

yes and it is a good show

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

yeah I saw them last wednesday in NYC and they were fuckin rad in case anyone was wondering

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

Teemu Pokemon posted:

yes and it is a good show

which one of you did this

https://twitter.com/TournRosenstock/status/998574612869939201?s=19

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

Hi Five Soup was alright whereas the Supershow owned so

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

I went to the Who We Are full album show last year and it was loving amazing and Reed Wolcott is a rad dude

e: video owns that guy also owns

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

Is it just me or does it feel like the Throwdown dates are usually released by now? I feel like it's always been mid-September and it's already October

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

just make more supershowww

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

Fateo McMurray posted:

Mad Caddies has their covers album which was pretty good

Was it because the only song I heard was the She cover and I thought it was kinda hilarious and not very good v:shobon:v

Geoj posted:

FWIW the Bosstones have always been a hit or miss band when it comes to album releases, and this was definitely the "miss" album after the hit that was The Magic of Youth.

If you're implying either or both Pin Points Gin Joints was a flop / was worse than Magic of Youth we will have words

Josh Wow posted:

Haven’t seen an opinion this wrong in a while. Propagandhi rips, Mad Caddies haven’t put out an album with more than 4 good songs on it since Keep It Going.

Dirty Rice was actually really good wrong guy who is wrong

Teemu Pokemon fucked around with this message at 02:33 on Oct 1, 2018

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

It's really hard for me to say any post hiatus song is better than any of Sister Mary, Waster Summers, I Wrote It, Death Valley Vipers, Pretty Sad Excuse, or They Will Need Music but I haven't heard any of the new album live yet so who knows

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

Whoa Sunday matinee??

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

Today is the 20th Anniversary of Hello Rockview. To mark the occasion, may I suggest we spend the next two pages arguing if it or Losing Streak are better, only to have everyone be wrong when it's revelaed that the answer is actually Borders and Boundaries

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

Monday_ posted:

Borders and Boundaries is Magnetic North, Look What Happened, and Gainesville Rock City. Those three songs are amazing but the rest is mediocre filler.

Malt Liquor.., 1989, Faction, Last Hour.. , Is This Thing On?, and also Pete Jackson for fun

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

WaffleZombie posted:

My vote for best album this year is Talco - And the winner isn't... They're an Italian band, with some really insane horn lines.
Video: https://youtu.be/s3S-ZTz2AgU
Album: https://youtu.be/ZKkW6itA6rY

In other non-English ska news, a new Ska-P album just dropped but I haven't listened to it yet. I don't know why, but I wanted to dislike the Interrupters, but this album won me over.

Finally, Losing Streak > Borders > Rockview. They're all tightly bunched, but yeah.

Talco loving owns and I had no idea they were still recording new music

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

Today is the 20th anniversary of Why Do They Rock So Hard, which is making me realize that it's about the be the 20th anniversary of pretty much every ska album that I love and I'm old and then I realized that the 20th anniversary of most of them actually passed over the last 18 months

esperantinc posted:

Post a list! I'm all for plugging holes in the "weird ska" part of my record collection.

:same:

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

announce the gat dang throwdown openers already

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

Teemu Pokemon posted:

announce the gat dang throwdown openers already

Friday: The Aggrolites, The Stray Bullets
Saturday: Reggae Workers of the World (Vic Ruggerio & Jesse Wagner), Bedouin Soundclash
Sunday: Color Killer

holy poo poo that Saturday show sounds rad as all fuckin get out bedouin fuckin owns all the bones

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

gently caress Color Killer is that band with the 9 year old lead guitarist :stare:

e: the whole band is in like elementary school poo poo

Teemu Pokemon fucked around with this message at 22:00 on Dec 7, 2018

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

Dave had the cancer scare and I think he's mostly producing or whatever now for the Dollies but I'm pretty sure they're still playing shows, probably just in Europe and New England local. I wasn't too enthused with where their sound was going with all the dub stuff but I definitely didn't hate it. I never sat down and listened to either Stomp or Stroll but I've heard a few tracks in passing and thought they were pretty decent

I saw the Caddies back in like May and they fuckin ruled and Dirty Rice (2016?) was a great album

e: they closed with All-American Badass and it was loving amazing

Teemu Pokemon fucked around with this message at 23:19 on Dec 7, 2018

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

Well that's because that's just a Forces of Evil song that was already good 15 years ago

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

happy throwdown eve

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

dicky wore my hat

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

streetlight botar orchestra owned just as much the second time around but i lament to inform you that tomas is still not recording a drop of new music sorry you had to find out this way

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

Snow Cone Capone posted:

did he make a mild joke about it

no but he did joke about not playing gimp songs

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

because he actually sucks and is an rear end

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

no one who is that big of a perfectionist is a good person hot take

Snow Cone Capone posted:

Honestly? It may be that the Gimp stuff was recorded during an extremely lovely time for him, and playing it just brings back bad memories. It's understandable to a point, but I don't see why he's never just come out and said it. "I'm over Kristina but I'm not over Mrs. Butterworth" or something, haha

i feel the same way about RxB not wanting to play old ska songs or like Jeff not wanting to play BTMI/ASOB songs, and i completely understand, but i also feel at the end of the day, once the art leaves the artist it kinda belongs just as much to the fans and You Got To Give The People What They Want etc. it's a dicey proposition and there's no right answer, but unlike Tomas, Jeff and Matt actually still make music and at least give their fans something. Also neither have publicly claimed multiple times that they were going to record new music then steadfastly refused to do so, so they would naturally get a longer leash. with everything that's gone down between Tomas and Catch, and (admittedly scummy) Victory, and his claims to the fans, at some point you just have to admit that where there's smoke there's fire

Teemu Pokemon fucked around with this message at 09:24 on May 8, 2019