Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Sicilian
Sep 3, 2006

by Smythe

dv6speed posted:

I wonder what the other business is.

Who wants to buy the car and find out?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Sicilian
Sep 3, 2006

by Smythe

Is this a death wish?

The Sicilian
Sep 3, 2006

by Smythe

Octopus Magic posted:

they would have probably been more had the watchowski trans* not made two sequels to the matrix

Did they hit peak collectability when the Entourage crew got one?

The Sicilian
Sep 3, 2006

by Smythe

Powershift posted:

Factory? no, dealer? maybe. A lot of ford dealers sold centurion stuff.

They also built excursions before there were excursions

We need a thread on special editions and dealer conversions, there has been some cool stuff over the years.

The Sicilian
Sep 3, 2006

by Smythe

Larrymer posted:

What does diabeetus have to do with selling a car?

You can get your license pulled for repeated episodes of Diabetic seizures. Usually due to people who have sudden severe reaction to hypoglycemia resulting in seizures. This is similar to epileptics who face identical driving and licensure suspensions.

The Sicilian
Sep 3, 2006

by Smythe

BigPaddy posted:

You can grab some cheap Rolls and Bentleys because the target market do not want and old one and maintainance on things like the suspension can be ruinous. If you can deal with it then you can roll around like a fat stockbroker for relatively little cash.

Can confirm, my mother liked to go to police auctions and would sometimes come home with eclectic cars. Being a physician she did whatever she wanted and rarely asked my father for money or input. So pretty cool at the time.

One day she showed up in a mid 60's droptop Rolls Royce. I remember standing in the driveway, mouth agape as my father asked my mother the usual questions surrounding her purchases.

Turns out she paid $3.5k cash and drove it home. My father almost blew a gasket, imagining ruinous maintenance and unaffordable upkeep. The car remained for a week, until one day at the hospital she worked at, a new doctor appeared.

Essentially he told her, he needed the car. The guy was an ER doc with all kinds of toys and cars, the kind of person who makes $200k and blows it. He offered $10k and insisted she went to the bank with him after their shift. My father by this point had grown somewhat attached and was sad to learn of the Roll's fate.

Well theres my story.

The Sicilian
Sep 3, 2006

by Smythe

Meydey posted:

My sister in law is a OB/GYN. She drives a Toyota Highlander with a mashed in bumper. She is doing it wrong.

Different specialties different personalities I guess. People who gravitate towards acute emergency room work seem to be fast paced adrenaline junkie types. e.g. the hotshot trauma surgeons.

Glad you guys appreciated my story, I sometimes forget how eccentric my family was at times. Some of my mother's other impulse buys include: forest green 96' mustang with 6 cylinders and a stick, early 2000's Lincoln LS with V8, finally topping herself with a god knows what year AMX (!!!) that my father ended up claiming as his daily driver for a few years.

EDIT: The police auctions I speak of took place in Chicago and surrounding counties, check out Dupage county auctions in particular. They love seizing assets and holding vehicles for evidence until they can legally auction them off.

Remember, these deals are so hot because it is cash at the door usually. Sometimes they accept a credit card with fees, but they never offer financing.

The Sicilian fucked around with this message at 21:10 on Jun 7, 2017

The Sicilian
Sep 3, 2006

by Smythe

blk posted:

I am doing an amazing job finding good examples of cars I don't want lately.

I want to take all of these to California and sell for double the price.

The Sicilian
Sep 3, 2006

by Smythe

StormDrain posted:

That is odd because it's typically the only diesel truck you can get in Denver for $10k all day. Just about any Dodge with a Cummins from that time period is listed for $18k+

What's the deal with price disparity? Is the Dodge that much better?

The Sicilian
Sep 3, 2006

by Smythe

BlackMK4 posted:

It seems like older Cayennes can be hilariously good deals, if their reliability is to be believed.

Before I got the Macan, I had a Cayenne S from 06 with 178k on the clock. The thing ran beautifully, occasionally it would ask to be topped up with oil but other than that, it had no major complaints.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Sicilian
Sep 3, 2006

by Smythe

Rhyno posted:

Uhhhhhhhh.

Ask me about the guy who jacked the price on his 85 GTS after we drove 4 hours to get it.

?