Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

builds character
Jan 16, 2008

Keep at it.

King of False Promises posted:

My wife won't let me buy this for some reason.

Easier to ask forgiveness than permission.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

Snowy posted:

I preferred when people stuck Rolls Royce hoods on there.

The '40 Ford hood and fenders looked pretty decent (which is what I think they were going for here.)

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

builds character posted:

Easier to ask forgiveness than permission.

That's been my life's motto.

My wife (bless her soul) is fairly open-minded on dumb car purchases. But the funny thing is she has one car she cannot tolerate and finds absolutely revolting in the universe of cars. That would be the El Camino. If I were to say drag that Rampage (which is drat slick) home that would really test the forgiveness part. Not sure her thoughts on a PT Cruiser though.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

Colostomy Bag posted:

she has one car she cannot tolerate and finds absolutely revolting in the universe of cars. That would be the El Camino.

Sever.

moller
Jan 10, 2007

Swan stole my music and framed me!

Compromise on a Subaru Brat.

builds character
Jan 16, 2008

Keep at it.

Colostomy Bag posted:

That's been my life's motto.

My wife (bless her soul) is fairly open-minded on dumb car purchases. But the funny thing is she has one car she cannot tolerate and finds absolutely revolting in the universe of cars. That would be the El Camino. If I were to say drag that Rampage (which is drat slick) home that would really test the forgiveness part. Not sure her thoughts on a PT Cruiser though.

Did you try showing her this scene?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UJsX0d_FIqk

my wife too... fortunately she's better than me in every other way so it evens out

EvellSnoats
Oct 22, 2010
Back in 07 or so, I bought an elky. Had my car dealer buddy on the lookout and he traded for a low mileage '85 that the PO had painted yellow. It was awesome. Best tailgait car ever. In an era where you needed a step ladder to load a truck, this one you just slung it over the side with your arm never getting a foot above your waist.

My brother in law came to Oxford for the 09 'Ole Miss/LSU game. Heart surgeon from Atlanta. Almost refused to get into the car after the game to take our tailgate home. Bitching the whole time about being in an El Camino. Called me Joe Dirt.

Then a drunk LSU chick comes up to the passenger side and asks him if she can dance in the bed while we are stuck in game day traffic. We were trying to get to our tent and wives.

We say sure.

3 minutes later a cop knocks on my door, He said, "Is she yours?" Who? The chick taking her clothes off in the bed of your El Camino.

Brother in law revised his position on El Caminos.

I miss that car.

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

The thing is, I whole heartedly believe this because el camino. Also, being like joe dirt is a bad thing? :confused:

Dielectric
May 3, 2010
Can anyone translate this for me? Is he saying you need to open the glove box and reboot the car sometimes? Maybe while in motion?

I have so many more questions.

boxen
Feb 20, 2011

Elmnt80 posted:

The thing is, I whole heartedly believe this because el camino. Also, being like joe dirt is a bad thing? :confused:

Didn't Joe Dirt have that sweet Hemi Roadrunner convertible? Also maybe a Charger Daytona? poo poo, I'd love to be like Joe Dirt.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

Dielectric posted:

Can anyone translate this for me? Is he saying you need to open the glove box and reboot the car sometimes? Maybe while in motion?

I have so many more questions.

I read this as sometimes it comes out of gear while driving, you then turn it off when you hear a click in the glovebox area you are supposed to turn the car on again and it will then go back into gear.

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Mods rename me Gloub Box

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

julian assflange posted:

Mods rename me Gloub Box

idk thats a pretty good name u got already

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

KakerMix posted:

I read this as sometimes it comes out of gear while driving, you then turn it off when you hear a click in the glovebox area you are supposed to turn the car on again and it will then go back into gear.

Random guess: neutral safety switch is hosed?

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

The synchros in that era accord can be somewhat fucky. Bet it just needs the trans fluid changed though.

Turbo Fondant
Oct 25, 2010

boxen posted:

Didn't Joe Dirt have that sweet Hemi Roadrunner convertible? Also maybe a Charger Daytona? poo poo, I'd love to be like Joe Dirt.

Just think of the money you'd save on haircuts.

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

boxen posted:

David Spade has impeccable taste in Mopars.

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Five degrees to starboard!

It's in Wisconsin, so there's a pretty good chance it's a hacked-to-poo poo breathalyzer interlock.

Dagen H
Mar 19, 2009

Hogertrafikomlaggningen
https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/184614652288753

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Nice car, crack pipe price.

https://fortmyers.craigslist.org/lee/cto/d/1985-celica-gts-5spd-57k/6455919862.html

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Uhhhhhhhh.

Ask me about the guy who jacked the price on his 85 GTS after we drove 4 hours to get it.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Rhyno posted:

Unnnnnnnnhhhhhhhh.

Ask me about the guy who jacked the price on his 85 GTS after we drove 4 hours to get it.

The Sicilian
Sep 3, 2006

by Smythe

Rhyno posted:

Uhhhhhhhh.

?

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Quote isn’t edit I imagine.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Yeah whoops. Stupid mobile app.

Anyways, car was $2600 or so on CL. Several emails, e-handshake and a trip later and he says $5600 because they were suddenly rare.

Crustashio
Jul 27, 2000

ruh roh
What purpose could that move serve? No one is showing up and paying over asking.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Crustashio posted:

What purpose could that move serve? No one is showing up and paying over asking.

Maybe the guy really, really really wanted to get punched in the throat and was too shy to ask his daddy?

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

We're fucking built for this shit!

Crustashio posted:

Seems like a good way to get someone to come back over night and burn the car to the ground.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I was puzzled. It was the same feeling when the guy tried to get me to sell the Lightning to him for $1000 because Jesus.

nmfree
Aug 15, 2001

The Greater Goon: Breaking Hearts and Chains since 2006

Crustashio posted:

The seller's hoped-for reaction: "Well, we drove 4 hours one way, I'd hate to come all this way for nothing..." ...followed by haggling down from the new number.

Shady and obnoxious as gently caress, and I hope Rhyno spun a few donuts on the guy's lawn before leaving.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
My dad said we should throw rocks at his house!

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Rhyno posted:

I was puzzled. It was the same feeling when the guy tried to get me to sell the Lightning to him for $1000 because Jesus.

Oh god I'd almost forgotten that.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
JESUS wants you to sell me this truck for $1000. I'll pray for you to do the proper Christian thing and sell me this truck for $5000 beflow KBB.

Galler
Jan 28, 2008

Did you tell him satan said gently caress off?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Galler posted:

Did you tell him satan said gently caress off?

I was at the end of patience so I didn't have a witty comeback.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

(my favorite)

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Ooooh! That last one! Exploding Sims needs that!

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

I suck at searching and can't find my post from what I think was a few months ago but this thing had/has been for sale for a year or more for <5k, I know because I went and looked at it.

edit: upon further reading it looks like the extra 3k includes a new engine and enclosed trailer...not a bad deal really

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

KakerMix I enjoy your contributions to this thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Coredump posted:

KakerMix I enjoy your contributions to this thread making our lives better vicariously through your Kei-hoarding habit