Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

KakerMix posted:

Which is enough for me to never go there, it's that bad. I have an infintatly easier time importing an entire rear end vehicle from Japan sight unseen than I do trying to buy a normal used car in person.

You know, when you say it like that it really puts it into perspective.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

I'm the freon tank by the rear wheel.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Fair, the paint looked like it was the right color.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

ishikabibble posted:

I'm more curious what the hell that car in the background is.

Isn't that the Diablo body mentioned in the last sentence?

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

boxen posted:

Writing an ad for the thing you're selling in such a way that it would turn up in a search is not something craigslist sellers are interested in.

Writing an ad for the thing your're selling in such a way that it will turn up in a search for literally anything ELSE seems to be their primary interest.

This message brought to you by the the sellers of "Cameros" who put an entire goddamned dictionary of keyword spam in the ad along with six words of actual ad text.

Keyword stuffing is a hell of a drug.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

stealie72 posted:

For $1? Maybe.

Had to be worth at least that much for scrap but you have to haul it to the yard so you may not come out ahead.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

A Zephyr and a Spirit are the first two cars i remember my family having where my memories start in mid-1984.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Suburban Dad posted:

Imagine other snobby car collectors wouldn't want to rent their very rare cars out just so theirs stays more valuable, lol. Maybe not but I could see rich assholes doing that.

Could go either way. Someone who loves them as finely built machines would welcome a lost one being resurrected; someone who enjoys the exclusivity or treats them as an investment would feel the opposite.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Hell yeah.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Hadlock posted:

Oh I guess it was in both 89 and 92. I don't know if I ever saw the '89 version

It's worth seeing Jack Palance devour the scenery, plus it set the template for all the successive super hero movies for the following quarter century.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Godholio posted:

City Slickers is art.

Day ain't over yet.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Twerk from Home posted:

I'd guess that a 24 kWh battery really doesn't get a half ton very far at all, what a wild conversion. Where'd they stuff the battery?

If there aren't any pictures of the backseat in the ad, that's my guess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Colostomy Bag posted:

If this in fact true, I am busting out my checkbook.