Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

click click
Aug 9, 2006

Director: Gregory Hoblit

IMDB: http://imdb.com/title/tt0880578/

Starring: Diane Lane, Billy Burke, Colin Hanks, Joseph Cross

I thought this movie sounded interesting- the trailer was compelling enough and so was the whole idea of the movie: a website that whoever visits further along someone's death.

However, the characters are all pretty poorly developed, and the whole movie comes across as being, well, just plain campy. I see all these stereotypes in the totally flat characters- the emotional mom, the creepy geek, the nerdy programmer, the cop that loves their job. Soundtrack was decent, but nothing noteworthy. Special effects were convincing but again, nothing worth mentioning.

Though it was a good idea to start out with, they could've done better on the execution.

2/5

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coffey
Sep 9, 2003

by T. Finn
Reminded me a lot of Saw, which from the trailer, I wasn't expecting at all. I went with a friend to see this and I don't think it was what she was expecting either. She had to keep covering her eyes, which was not the scenario I was anticipating walking into. Guess that's my own fault though.

It wasn't terribly graphic but when you weren't expecting hardly any violence at all, it was certainly a grizzly surprise.

It's also really hard for me to get behind any "bad guy" when the everyday common man could stomp his rear end. Even if he's hiding or whatever.

Forgettable, to say the least. Wait to rent it.

2/5

bigass jncos
Dec 3, 2007

Ridin' on a Mershaq back.
gently caress this movie.

I can see exactly what went down in the board room when this horrid drivel was greenlit: OKAY BOB, so what if we combine Saw, Silence of the Lambs, and the Internet?

The movie actually uses the word "e-vite." God. Keep the hell away.

1/5

Gead Hames
Jan 28, 2008
Not THAT bad of a movie. Not a good decent acting job by Diane though. She did better in Judge Dredd. Sound effects could have been better. Plot was a little dull for me.

2/5

Sumadartson
Nov 24, 2006
It started out as a mediocre thriller (at best), but completely tanked towards the end. Mainly due to stupidity of several of the main characters.

1) So the lead has been threatened by a serial killer. Consequently, her boss sends her out on a vacation, alone, without any protection, even after one of her colleagues has been killed.
2)When the lead's car has been 'hacked' into by the vicious cyber-serial-killer-bad-guy, she first gets out of the car and goes to a payphone to call for assistance/help. Then, when the car's lights suddenly turn on again, SHE GOES BACK TO THE CAR, walking right into the villain's trap.

I was hoping the lead would die, if only for the sake of natural selection.

Sumadartson fucked around with this message at 11:16 on Mar 24, 2008