Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Jerusalem posted:

OHHH! Uncle Junior's in the muff! I mean the rough!

I loved that whole ridiculous,"Junior is capable of bringing a woman to a screaming orgasm with just his tongue, that makes him less of a man in my eyes!" thing,

Hey, don't forget "If you suck pussy you'll suck anything" The way you defend it....sounds like someones a finook.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

KillRoy posted:

A friend and I have been in a bit of an argument lately and we can't seem to find anything to prove ourselves right.

I say that when the Season 3 finale the actress who played the undercover agent who was supposed to befriend and flip Adrianna was played by a different actress then the one who ended up playing the role and my friend says it was always who it was.

Can anyone back me up or prove me wrong? I could have sworn she had black hair and was pretty short.

The agent who went undercover and befriended Adriana is a different character/agent then the one who follows up with Adriana in later seasons and questions and meets with her. Is that what you're asking?

edit: guess not

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

escape artist posted:

Echoing this.

It made Vito a tragic, sympathetic character. Vito was previously an unredeeming, two-dimensional character.

The thing is they already handled everything they did in Vitos storyline much better already with other characters, except for the gay part I guess. The "mob life wins out over love" was done a lot better with the Christopher/Adrianna story. The "two-dimensional guy becomes sympathetic then dies" story was done better with Eugene Pontecorvo. Vito was just annoying from the start and his story just seemed rehashed and half-assed. The only redeeming part of that sublot was that it let us have this amazing bit...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r8pU4bV2TYA

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Pyramid Head posted:

EDIT: By the way, I know this thread is filled with unmarked spoilers but as a heads up for anyone new to the show...uh, don't read this post?

Season 3, in my opinion, is the best of the entire series. I loved all of the storylines and relationships. Ralphie and Jackie Jr., Tony and Jackie Jr., Tony and Gloria...etc. Not to mention episodes like "Employee of the Month," "University," and "Pine Barrens."

Season 3 is absolutely the best. I love the one scene where Christopher is in some pizza place and Jackie Jr and his friend go up to him and slobber all over his nuts after he just got made and Chris goes "I dont wanna be an rear end in a top hat but I cant be seen in a place like this anymore" then Jackie jr acts like a little human being and knocks some poor slobs pizza tray out of his hands.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Brawling Dad posted:

Was it just me that found the whole Johnny Sack downfall one of the saddest things ever on television? The wedding bit with the feds and when he's got cancer.

I thought the Johnny Sack story arch was definitely the most satisfying aspect of season 6. Every single minute of AJs bullshit should have been given to Johnny Sack and Uncle Juniors stories.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

CaptainFuzychin posted:

While I agree that a movie would be stupid, and that for that reason it's unlikely, I wonder if it wouldn't work to do a movie about Tony that takes place during, or even before, the time period in which the show takes place? Like, something about his rise to power in Jersey after the time when he, Silvio, and Jackie robbed the Executive Game when Feech Lamana was running it.

Awesome.

They're gonna need to lose a hell of a lot of collective weight and need a hell of a lot of makeup or use completely different actors which in that case why even bother.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Caitlinface posted:

Why hasn't anyone answered this question yet? I want to know, too!!

I just watched that episode and I cant see any reason why that guy would be a ghost.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

I thought it was just supposed to be some guy who sees Janice trying to do her remembrance thing and decides to duck back upstairs so he doesn't have to do it.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Jerusalem posted:

"We're with the Cobras! :gonk:" :laugh:

The Vipers

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

I thought the worst character ending was Johnny Sack. He gets and dies from cancer within the course of 1 episode. Uh ok.

Edit: \/\/ Yeah you're right. I shouldnt have said worst meaning it was bad. Just way too abrupt.

banned from Starbucks fucked around with this message at 00:29 on Aug 20, 2010

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

I CHALLENGE THEE posted:

If the Sopranos is a tragedy (and I really believe it is) perhaps the saddest fact of all is that while their parents tried desperately hard to avoid it, both AJ and Meadow will end up exactly the same as them.

Actually I find it pretty funny that AJ is turning out exactly like Little Carmine :laugh:

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

It was "You strong armed me using the only weapon you have, your pussy."

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

"AJ, in my business? He'd never make it"

banned from Starbucks fucked around with this message at 09:57 on Jan 29, 2011

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Mr. Kite posted:

Tony heating something in the microwave while Meadow cries about Finn. Tony's attention is split between his crying daughter and his freeze-dried chicken.

I love that scene.

Tony: See honey when you and a guy are living in sin.
Meadow: living in what?!
Tony: (annoyed) aw talk to your mother about this poo poo.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

If you hate Ralphie you prob had a 98lb mole removed from your rear end.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

I really wanna watch Little Carmines movie about the detective that gets sucked into the internet and solves the deaths of the virtual prostitutes.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

haljordan posted:

Of course, the worst part was when Davey took his son's car away from him for "off roading" so he could sell it to Tony to knock down his debt. And then gives the car to Meadow, who is singing a duet with the kid at a school concert. Awkkkkwaaaard.

I give my little daughter a car to rub her face in poo poo, and you're telling me I did something noble?

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Best part was

Tony: You killed a dog? What'd you do that for?
Pauli: Yeah what was it barking or something?

Barking, perfectly valid reason to kill a dog.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

I remember in season 6 when one of the new episode teaser pictures on HBO was a photograph of Johnny boy and Junior in front of his car and being so excited about a flaskback episode.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Gettin mad about chinese food

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

I never caught this before. The little things are really great in this show.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

I just pretend she actually was already dead in that scene and hes talking to the ghost of Livia

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Rev. Bleech_ posted:

Well, it ends just as the first season did, with the major threat to his life over, but indictments about to come down. All I took away was, whether two minutes or twenty years, the rest of his life is just about waiting for the other shoe to drop.

Members Only guy was foiled in the S1 finale when the tree fell on the road and they had to eat at Vesuvios instead. But he was patient and waited for his time to strike.

Members Only guy always gets his man.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Appropriate since the real life DeCavalcante family they're based on is a wannabe version of the New York families.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Ishamael posted:

That's pretty awesome. It also led me to this old Top Ten list I hadn't seen before.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=srZdMGmMuck

What is going on in the description of that video? :stare:

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

smack632 posted:

My favorite scenes are the ones where AJ is getting yelled at by Tony/Carmela.

What went on up there? Poppers and weird sex!?

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Yeah that was it.

Thats prob one of my favorite lines of the show. AJ being an idiot really provides some great dialog. Except s6 AJ. God I hate s6 AJ.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Kevyn posted:

So get out of our way
And don't be so gay
We're coming to defile, defile you!

"I think you should mentally prepare for the fuckin possibility, that Visiting Day sucks."

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

The house was built by Carmelas father so who knows how much they had to actually put up for it. Jackie was only acting boss for DiMeo(whos in prison) for a few years until he died. I guess we're supposed to infer that once Jackie died whatever connection and money DiMeo had getting kicked up to him by his outside guys was probably gone once Tony took over. Also Johnny boy probably left him a sizable chunk.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

He was probably moving large quantities of it and the guys under him got caught and gave him up. I don't think he was actually standing on a corner selling it.

Also hes basically just a soldier. You really dont get to totally insulate yourself from illegal stuff unless youre a boss.

banned from Starbucks fucked around with this message at 23:30 on Mar 15, 2013

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Supreme Allah posted:

Can we stop talking about the Shield and other shows that have their own threads. This is very specifically about The Sopranos.

I think the reason people sympathize easily with Tony is that he is trying in some small way to become a better person, or at least gain an understanding of the human condition. Tony is a vile bastard - he had a traffic cop busted down and essentially ruined just for the temerity of giving him a well-earned ticket. He is also talking to a health care professional throughout the series to understand why he does things like that.

I don't think he gives a single poo poo about the human condition. As Elliot points out to Melfi its all an act. Its a tool for him to be a better criminal. Melfi still needs to spell out even basic things to him 6 years later because he is totally unwilling to understand.

"Tony isn't under the weather today, he just didn't feel like coming. "gently caress that poo poo" I think he said" ~ Carmella to Melfi

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

He cares on a very basic and selfish level and thats it.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Hey dont get me wrong I love the show and the characters. Im just pointing out that all Tony really wants is for us all to be Gary Cooper.

Fuckin Queers *throws chair at thread*

banned from Starbucks fucked around with this message at 07:13 on Mar 17, 2013

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

We never got to see the finished Esplanade :(

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Wow pretty prophetic

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

escape artist posted:

He was Jewish? I swore he was a Catholic priest.

Tony should've had Irina whacked. What season is it where she calls and says in her beautiful accent "I used to gently caress your husband." Season 4, right? Man that actress was gorgeous.

nope, the priest was later that episode.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r0lx2GUqFkg

It was the last episode of season 4.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

ZekeNY posted:

Big Carmine, Jackie Aprile . . .

There were a bunch of them.

Equally funny is the number of people who went into "witness protection" -- Big Pussy, Richie Aprile, Ralph, Ade . . .

I dont think anyone claimed Ralph went into witness protection. Tony blamed his disappearance on New York and Adrianna "ran off with another guy"

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

I think if anything the last season had too many obvious [this is Johhny Sac/Artie/Junior/Heshs plot wrap up!] type episodes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

CPFortest posted:

Even then, only the final Hesh episode, Chasing It, is the only episode from that season that doesn't quite stick the landing. Stage 5 and Remember When are incredible episodes.

I agree. It's just sorta jarring when you get to those episodes on a rewatch that "oh yeah this is the last time X character is relevant to the show :( "

• Locked thread