Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ashenai
Oct 5, 2005

You taught me language;
and my profit on't
Is, I know how to curse.
IMDB

I saw Jumper about a month ago, and I cannot remember the name of any of the characters. And you won't, either. This is because Jumper isn't about the characters. It's about finding cool stuff for teleporting superheroes to do.

The plot is pretty paint-by-numbers: the protagonist, your usual average, geeky, underdog high-school student, discovers that he has a superpower: he can teleport. And then the rest of the movie is about him teleporting, and people who don't like him teleporting trying to stop him. Riveting stuff.

The good: The cinematography and visuals are well-done, and a lot of creativity went into finding interesting things to do with the one superpower the movie is about. Fight scenes where both characters can teleport at will are pretty cool.

The bad: All the usual complaints. There's an incredibly dull love interest, a plot that is barely there, and an ending that's a blatant set-up for a sequel, resolving nothing.

Jumper is, at its core, a thoroughly average superhero movie. There are some decent visuals, a few clever ideas, and that's it. In one word: unsatisfying. You'll be entertained for as long as you watch it, because stuff keeps happening. You'll forget all about it soon afterwards.

2.5/5

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU