Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Wolfman
May 9, 2003

Silver Bullet?? I GOT YER SILVER BULLET RIGHT HERE!!

Bob Smith posted:

Perhaps some people don't take the threads seriously, but instead just don't like the spam of catchphrases that dogs them? The Microbe thread was the worst for this, and ended up getting called out in Helldump. Sure, "hey guys a little girl with a CHAINSAW ARM isn't that wacky and violent hell yeah" is funny once or twice, but it limits what can be done with the thread.

how do you figure the chainsaw "limits"? it's not like the arm is perminately stuck to her, and the hypno-arm only has very limited abilities too. mindfuck or slice and dice. limited choices either way if you ask me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZombiePeanut
May 11, 2007

by Fistgrrl

Wolfman posted:

how do you figure the chainsaw "limits"? it's not like the arm is perminately stuck to her, and the hypno-arm only has very limited abilities too. mindfuck or slice and dice. limited choices either way if you ask me.

Ever try to tickle somebody using a chainsaw arm?

It's not pretty.

Thallium
Mar 14, 2007

Nice thread. NOW WHERE IS OUR CHAINSAW ARM?
You try to hide the body...

...but it seems that robot arms do not necessarily confer super strength. That, or Dr. Stratford is a lot heavier than he looks.

You have to leave him and push on to the R&D Department. The door is closed and locked, but that's not so much of a problem any more.

The pretty lady is still there. Panicking, you prepare to use your arm against her - at which point she politely explains that her roboticised brain will not respond to its signal.

Quickly, she tells you that she is on your side. Although personal circumstances prevent her from taking an active role in shutting down the facility, she no longer agrees with what they've set out to do. As such, she has been keeping an eye on you via the security feed for a while now, and will try to help you from afar when she can.

To this end, she presents you with a gift - a prototype battery pack that has over ten times the capacity of most of the batteries used in the facility.

Although she would like to talk more, she says that your attack on Dr. Stratford will be discovered soon and she can do little to protect you.

Your options:

Red: She cannot be trusted. Knock her rear end out - if the arm doesn't work, the syringe might and the gun definitely will - take the battery and move on.
Yellow: She cannot be trusted; furthermore, the battery might contain a tracking device or something that will injure its user. Knocking her out won't help anything, either. Decline the offer and move on.
Blue: Why not trust her? You need all the help you can get at this point. Take the battery and move on.

Please also choose ONE LOCATION for you to move on to. Here is the map again:

You have come from the Recovery Wards and passed through Robotics and R&D.

:siren: Edit: Please vote for ONE COLOUR and ONE LOCATION. Not one, not the other, both. Thank you. :siren:

Thallium fucked around with this message at 21:47 on May 13, 2008

Bob Smith
Jan 5, 2006
Well Then, What Shall We Start With?
Go to Surgery to get a better idea of how, and possibly why, they're doing their experiments. Then make for the first floor to see if there are any archives.

MickRaider
Aug 27, 2004

Now I smell like lemonade!
Red

You're all a bunch of pansies. Shoot her rear end and lets see some action!

Less Talk More Rock
May 8, 2007
Would you give it all up to live again?
Blue. Why the hell not?

Then go back to where we left the boy. Maybe he'd like to get out of here too.

Join Us!
Mar 16, 2008

Why not?
Yellow because if she does let us go then we know she truly is on our side. If we decline then her true colors will show.

Cephalopod!
Apr 15, 2008
Yellow

And go to patient accomodation and get some sidekicks!

Robin Goodfellow
Apr 25, 2008
BLUE and then go to the RECOVERY WARDS so that you can meet up with some others.

Ghetto Wizard
Aug 11, 2007
Red we need more adorable kicking scenes and go to Robotics

Ghetto Wizard fucked around with this message at 21:49 on May 13, 2008

Snow Job
May 24, 2006

Robot brain. ROBOT BRAIN?! She is EVIL like SHODAN. Destroy. DEE-STROY! (Red)

Pip
Jun 1, 2007

Blue. An extra ally never hurts. Who knows? maybe she'll be able to help you further down the road. And if she does betray you, the chainsaw arm thirsts for blood.

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
Definitely BLUE. Allies unite!

Funkstar Deluxe
May 7, 2007

「☆☆☆」
Red, because we all want to see more violence! :black101: Also, she should go to the Courtyard afterwards.

Funkstar Deluxe fucked around with this message at 21:55 on May 13, 2008

Vayra
Aug 3, 2007
I wanted a big red title but I'm getting a small white one instead.
RED because robots are eeeeeeevil.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Blue recovery ward

We can use it on leg-boy, if it really is a trap he'll take the fall.

Coco13
Jun 6, 2004

My advice to you is to start drinking heavily.
BLUE, and let's go to the RECOVERY WARDS.

Skinned Mink
Aug 17, 2004
Yep.
Blue and recovery ward lets get the battery to the kid from the beginning of the story!

Poe The Win
Nov 1, 2005

Take the easy course
Go for Blue. Head to the Recovery Wards, back to our robot-legged friend. This place is starting to give me the creeps, I want out of here.

PlasmarZercson10159
Oct 1, 2006
Irrelevant. Destroy, him, now.
BLUE
then go to the recovery ward and test the battery on adam in case its a trap

sorry I don't know how to bold :(

Funkstar Deluxe
May 7, 2007

「☆☆☆」

PlasmarZercson10159 posted:

BLUE
then go to the recovery ward and test the battery on adam in case its a trap

sorry I don't know how to bold :(

You bold something like this

[b]This has to be bolded[/b]

which turns into this

This has to be bolded

Garth Algar
Jun 9, 2007
Did you ever see that "Twilight Zone" where the guy signed a contract and they cut out his tongue and put it in a jar and it wouldn't die, it just grew and pulsated and gave birth to baby tongues? Pretty cool, huh?
Red and Staff Quarters. See if there are any neat weapons and then get a helpful robot to carry them to the Patient Accommodation so you can arm up a bunch of other robo-kids. Its the only way (that keycard must be worth something).

Staggy
Mar 20, 2008

Said little bitch, you can't fuck with me if you wanted to
These expensive
These is red bottoms
These is bloody shoes

Blue then Recovery Ward. We can trust her, she's playing Tetris.

Awesome work, as usual.

Count Choculitis
Sep 13, 2007

I love you, Shepard. I always have. I want to understand what this is between us... and make it real.
Blue and head to the Recovery Wards to help our friend escape!

The Bostik
Jan 14, 2004

i r leat haxor olol
Yellow

Furthermore, she's hiding some really cool gadgets, so search the room.

Then head on to Patient Accommodation because no one else is saying it.

BadgerSeat
Feb 28, 2006

Would you like to see where I keep my severed heads?
Blue and go to the recovery ward
She said she was monitoring pigtails and knew about the attack on the doctor. She could have done something about itbut didn't. It's safe to assume that she can be trusted, unless their whole plan is to let pigtails escape for some reason. Either way, blue seems to be the best course of action.

Man A
Jan 14, 2006

natures clown
Red and then try to make a run to the Entrance, get the hell out of there

Jesus H Baltar
Feb 20, 2008
Blue and head to the recovery wards to the other kids!

joyfulgirl129
Aug 22, 2006

Yellow I agree that it's a way to find out her true intentions.

and then visitor reception Maybe her parents will be there if her surgery was recent?

God this is awesome!!!

Fnoigy
Apr 9, 2007

I'm fine. Why do you ask?
Yellow to see if she tries to stop us. If not, then we can trust her.
Entrance and get out.

CK07
Nov 8, 2005

bum bum BAA, bum bum, ba-bum ba baa..
Blue and the recovery ward for that other little boy.

But first - can we ask her if our arm requires battery power? Because if it does, we might want to conserve that power source for ourselves.

Pip
Jun 1, 2007

Since I'm an engineer and have no artistic abilities, I'm not going to share my embarassingly bad fanart. Instead, here's a logo-like chainsaw arm vector image. It could be cleaned up further, but it's beyond my means. :(

Gargield
Aug 15, 2006

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:
Blue, and then head to the recovery wards.

OP this thread is awesome, by the way. Keep up the great artwork! :)

JG_Plissken
Oct 22, 2005

I went to a four year college and all I got was this stupid look on my face!
Yellow and Patient Accomodation

Yellow because there is no way you can trust this woman yet, but red is to extreme. We should head to the Patient Accomodation because it's one step closer to Visitor Reception where we could see what kind of people would visit such a place and perhaps we can find a pamplet to get a general idea as to what this facility is.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Yellow and staff quarters

Robo Pope
Jul 17, 2004

I AM THE POPE, DO AS I SAY.
Blue and then head back to the Recovery Wards to pick up Adam.

ironlung
Dec 31, 2001

Blue and Recovery Ward

ironlung
Dec 31, 2001

edit: double post

Tiger Crazy
Sep 25, 2006

If you couldn't find any weirdness, maybe we'll just have to make some!
Red She can be trusted but you need a undercover in case things get bad. Do it to keep her safe. Also if they find her knocked out they will think you surprised her.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WhatEvil
Jun 6, 2004

Can't get no luck.

Blue, Staff Quarters.