Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Agent019
Jun 28, 2002
LOL, ONLY DUMB PEOPLE WORK AT MCDONALD'S
Get over yourself, douchebag.
Director: Joshua Seftel
Writers (WGA):Mark Leyner & Jeremy Pikser

Release Date: 28 August 2008

Starring: John Cusack, Joan Cusack, Marisa Tomei, Hilary Duff
Co-Starring: Ben Kingsly, Dan Aykroyd

IMDB: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0884224/

During an audience feedback screening this weekend, I was treated to none other than the comedy stylings of John Cusack in War Inc. A dark satirical comedy about corporations running countries and what if that came to pass.

In the near future countries will be controlled by corporations and not governments. This movie takes place in the country of Turaqistan, a country controlled by the American corporation of Tameril. War is obviously good business and is constantly going on as people ignore it to go about their everyday lives.

Brand Houser (John Cusack) plays a corporate stooge and hitman that is in Tameril for a job. When arriving he meets with an aid named Marcha Dillion (Joan Cusack) who has a knack for stealing some of the movies spotlight when she is on screen.

This movie, while having its moments has other moments that are slow. It actually made me think this might have been a less funny version of Grosse Point Blank and could have very well been a sequel if Dan Aykroyds character from Grosse Point Blank had his way and formed a union.

Oddly enough the movie is witty and very satirical about war, corporations and diplomacy as every time someone enters Brand Housers office to talk with him about killing someone or almost anything they leave with a nice gift bag.

While I didn't enjoy this movie as a whole, it had that feel of "if I watched it twice it would be better to catch everything". I also feel this could be a cult classic in the making as well. I have very mixed feelings because it was all very diluted with political messages and... Oh yeah! Popeyes Chicken.

The movies does however bring back that feeling as though you are watching a cleaner version of Top Secret or another light hearted spoof with a bit more drama and subtle humor. No penetrator here! The movie does take great strides to convince you that in the midst of war there are Popeyes Chicken joints on the corner waiting for your order. It's not the best movie but maybe they will take comments and adjust accordingly.

Pros: Great comedic timing, surprises, cast of characters, Joan Cusack, Surprisingly Hilary Duff as a slutty pop singer. Ben Kingsly... what an odd odd character he plays!

Cons: Slow areas, plot was thin.

3/5 goonies

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU