Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

oxymorgan
May 1, 2008

Psychoanalysis, narcotics and improvisational theater.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0960144/

More like BLOWHAN! Get it?

There are simply no words for how bad this film is. My awesome play on words is more clever than anything in the movie. This movie makes me want to die. After 113 minutes of this, I was ready to kill my entire family, and then turn the gun on myself. This movie is proof that God does not exist.

Do you people know who wrote this peice of poo poo? Adam Sandler, Robert Smigel (the “genius” behind SNL’s TV Funhouse,) and probably one of the biggest badasses in Hollywood at the moment Judd loving Apatow. I couldn’t believe my eyes. How? How could Judd Apatow put his name on something this bad. I seriously hope he wrote down an idea for a “lovely Borat” and then threw it away, only to have Sandler and his goons come and fish it out of the dump.

The only thing that salvaged this movie (I'm being generous here) are the cameos by Henry Wrinkler and Kevin Nealon.

Don’t see this. Please. For the love of christ. If you still have an ounce of respect for humanity, this movie will suck it dry.

1 out of 5

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bashez
Jul 19, 2004

:10bux:
The beginning of the movie was absolutely hilarious. It is retarded as hell. At times you think to yourself, am I really watching this poo poo, this is so loving stupid! In a good way, to me, at least.

The movie starts in Israel with Zohan fighting terrorists and stuff. I really enjoyed the stupid physical comedy gags here but can understand the jokes not landing with other people.

When the movie shifts to New York it drops the physical gags and moves into... something else. The movie slows to a crawl and stops being funny to delve into a plot or something. The best part of the second half of the movie is that Emmanuelle Chriqui is always pleasant to look at.

The Penis joke reveal was hilarious thinking back on it.

3.5/5

Hilarious start with a meandering end. A solid waste of time. You should know by now if you are going to like this stuff before going in though.

Aggro
Apr 24, 2003

STRONG as an OX and TWICE as SMART
I came into the movie expecting Adam Sandler to poorly portray an ethnic character in a predictable romantic comedy with some cheap physical gags and a few solid jokes. If you come into the movie expecting anything more, you will be completely disappointed. However, I definitely got what I paid for.

The first thirty minutes of the movie, while Zohan is in Israel, are pretty funny. I really liked Phantom as a lovely adversary for Zohan, so I enjoyed the scenes with them. Nick Swardson and his mother also have some funny scenes, especially hackey-cat. The middle half of the movie does drag a bit, and Rob Schneider manages to gently caress up the film despite having a fairly small part.

In any case, it's not the funniest movie I've ever seen, but since there aren't any decent comedies out, it's worth checking out for a couple of laughs.

3.5/5

Incoherence
May 22, 2004

POYO AND TEAR
I'm with Aggro. I mean, it's an Adam Sandler movie. Ethnic stereotypes, an abnormal fixation on sex, the sunshine-and-rainbows ending... normally these are bad things, but when you go to an Adam Sandler movie you enter this bizarro world where you sort of expect these things. The romance element doesn't get in the way too much, the ethnic stereotypes are good for a few cheap laughs ("welcome to Hezbollah customer service"), and the only character that really got on my nerves was Nick Swardson's.

Overall, it's an above average Adam Sandler movie. (I know, I know... that's some lofty company.) If you like Adam Sandler movies, then you've probably already seen it. If you hate Adam Sandler with a burning passion, then don't.

3/5

Toolband
May 28, 2003

Year of the Tiger....probably not but hey we started 2-0
Didn't go in expecting much. I actually thought some of the early scenes were horrible and it got better. I was bored for a while but it picked up.

I always enjoy Nick Swardson and kevin Nealon in these movies.

3.5/5

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."
Its not the worst Adam Sandler movie made, but its not the best. Some parts are almost surprisingly funny (the bit with Rob Schneider dialing the terrorist in Palestine, Dave Matthews the evil white supremacist) but most of its pretty embarrassingly bad. I wouldn't willingly watch it again, but I wouldn't be grossly offended on Big Daddy levels if I had to.

2.5/5

Corn Thongs
Feb 13, 2004

Even knowing it was a Sandler movie, I came away annoyed and feeling like I wanted my wasted time back. Its humor relies mostly on sexual innuendo that you'd hear in high school and the rest of it on stereotypical jokes everyone's heard. None of the characters are particularly likable, many being outright annoying. This movie would have worked better as an SNL skit or something.

1/5

Corn Thongs fucked around with this message at 10:53 on Jun 16, 2008

TheArtist 314
Dec 25, 2004

What is your purpose?!

I just wanna rock!
The past few movies I've seen I've gone into them expecting nothing more than what was presented to me. This movie was no different, and has been said before: expect a comedy that relies on ethnicity, sex jokes and dumb humor, and you'll walk out not totally disappointed.

I found some enjoyment in the movie. A few parts here and there made me laugh, most of which have already been noted. However, a lot of jokes fell flat, and the audience I was in simply stared off in silence until the movie's next attempt at a good laugh. The cat scene, every scene with Rob Schneider, some Nick Swardson scenes, and even some of the Phantom parts I felt failed. Even the cameos were a mixed bag. One in particular, the appearance of Kevin James, I felt was there just to say "Look who we got! Laugh because you like his show!" While others, like Henry Winkler, were great.

The story isn't anything special. It's a comedy with a splash of forced romance and all-wrapped-up-in-the-end conflict. It's an early summer flick to catch when you don't have much else to do with a couple of friends. Enjoy it for what it is, and you'll enjoy it somewhat.

3/5

Doctor Candiru
Dec 23, 2004
Umbrella Monkey Sand
By no means a decent film, but if you're looking to blow an hour and a half, and there's NOTHING else to do, I suppose it's understandable why you would go see it.

At least the cameos are great. Dave Matthews is incredible.

Still not a good movie, though.

2/5

Lowen SoDium
Jun 5, 2003

Highen Fiber
Clapping Larry
I have a hard time putting in to words how bad this movie was.

The jokes were juvenile at best and retarded at worse. I didn't laugh once in this whole film.

The plot is rubbish.

Do anything or watch anything else.

1/5 (1 point for making a movie, I guess)

chezeberger
Jun 9, 2008

by Fistgrrl
Where to start? Ah yes...no soldier, no matter how good and experienced can grab a bullet in mid flight with two fingers and throw it away. Seriously the plot is a piece of crap, the main character is shallow and uninteresting and there are too many idiotic moments and fart jokes.

0/5

monsterland
Nov 11, 2003

I saw Adam Sandler in a new light after he made the excellent "Click" and the excellent "Reign Over Me". Wow, this guy can be a great actor !

This particular movie, however, is centered entirely around Adam Sandler's dick. You don't believe me ? This is the movie where he urinates on cats and has sex with geriatric old ladies. This is the movie where he waves his hand, and the camera shifts down to show his dick waving in his pants.

Sandler displays no real physical agility skills in this film, either, as everything he does is done via CGI. He doesn't have superb martial arts skills, he just catches bullets with his nose.

In addition to completely failing at humor, this film suffers from Superman syndrome. How exactly is one supposed to give a crap about the fate of an invincible character who can do ANYTHING, possibly short of surviving a direct nuclear blast ?

Adam Sandler needs to stop with this poo poo, just as Robin Williams needs to stop trying to make funny wacky movies. Both are much greater actors in depressing and contemplative roles. Get the loving clue, you guys.

1/5, pure vomit.

Tiny Space Birds
Jun 18, 2004

Rolling with the
cosmic flow
Terrible waste of time. Walked out after just over an hour or so.

The only remotely funny parts are all in the trailer. Infact, if you've seen the trailer, I would of thought there's really no need to see the movie.

Am I the only one that thought that Sandler was doing a really bad Borat impersination more than anything else?

I wasn't expecting much but it was just so, so poor!

0/5 never again will I choose a random movie out of boredom and the trailer alone, I'm like £16 down now!

Fruit Smoothies
Mar 28, 2004

The bat with a ZING
Like most people, I really don't like Adam Sandler, because of his inability to deviate from a single character type.

Click was awful, from the "I woke up and it was all a dream" ending, but Zohan was a completely different style of comedy.

It didn't try to be clever, or make sense, but it ended up being funny, whether because it was stupid or they set up a joke fairly well.

The whole film was excellent, and totally not what I expected an Adam Sandler film to be.

4/5

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Scarlet Hot Dog
Jan 18, 2005

Trust me, everything will be fine.
Had to walk out around an hour in, this is probably Adam Sandler at his worst. I'd compare this grade of humor to Disaster/Hero Movie/Meet the Spartans, the most low brow you can get when you start to derive humor off ethnicities. loving garbage. I lost all respect for him after seeing this movie.

0/5