Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Calico Heart
Mar 22, 2012

"wich the worst part was what troll face did to sonic's corpse after words wich was rape it. at that point i looked away"

I need to rewatch Deadwood - those comments just made me waste half an hour watching clips on youtube

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Calico Heart
Mar 22, 2012

"wich the worst part was what troll face did to sonic's corpse after words wich was rape it. at that point i looked away"

The second episode of Black Mirror really is the best by far. The second season in my opinion fell pretty far from the heights of the first, with the fourth episode overall (White Bear) being downright awful. I'm afraid Dead Set isn't much better; for everything it wants to be saying, it basically devolves into a boring, predictable and painfully cliche zombie story after the first episode.

It's a shame because I really like Charlie Brooker.

Calico Heart
Mar 22, 2012

The thing about White Bear is that the first two thirds of the episode is wandering around, hiding, exposition (that doesn't matter), and silly shots of people with their phones out. They should have written the episode around the conceit, but instead they wrote it towards the conceit- and as such, it doesn't really feel like an earned ending at all.

Apologies, I think I may be coming off as a bit muddled here. Basically the episode couldn't wait to get to the ending, which made it feel hollow. I kind of feel this is the opposite problem to some of the other episodes in the show - specifically the memory one and the robot one. In those episodes, they had a great premise and a good story, but nowhere to really end it. Either way, the result is a sad lack of catharsis.

Calico Heart
Mar 22, 2012

Joramun posted:

Boss is the best show in the genre.

Yeah, Boss is pretty damned good.

Calico Heart
Mar 22, 2012

thrakkorzog posted:

Yep, while the third season is hit and miss, mostly missing, the third season finale is pretty damned crazy.

For better or worse.

Calico Heart
Mar 22, 2012

Aw man, Boss got cancelled? That's a real shame.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Calico Heart
Mar 22, 2012

Just finished all of The Prisoner. Hot drat, was that a loving awesome finale. Yeah, there were a ton of silly episodes, but the last two episodes were so gosh-darned perfect and basically just became a Samuel Beckett play.