Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Isolationist
Oct 18, 2005

The implication.
Braquo is absolutely gripping.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Isolationist
Oct 18, 2005

The implication.

Tace Vim posted:

Haven't seen Angie Tribeca. Will check it out sometime.

It's a love letter to The Naked Gun/Police Squad. Leslie would have loved it!

Isolationist
Oct 18, 2005

The implication.

Cactus posted:

What did he do?

Not sure about the second season, but the entirety of season one of After Life was Ricky being his usual self-insert, with him continually dunking on straw men positions he's written other characters to take. So he controls both sides of the narrative, and uses reducto ad absurdum wankery to prove the supremacy of his points.

I like Larry David's humor and some of Gervais' other work, but that series was just too much him disappearing up his own arse.

Isolationist
Oct 18, 2005

The implication.

DjLando posted:

Is Longmire worth watching?

Edit: thanks!

Surprisingly, it maintains the rural charm throughout and ends reasonably well. There are some scenery chewing roles too. Oddly, the main character is an Australian actor best known for his time on Home and Away!

Isolationist
Oct 18, 2005

The implication.

calandryll posted:

I really enjoyed that show. Stupid Fox.

Almost Human was great, very rare to have any discussion of philosophy or the nature of sentience in a seemingly light scifi show. Also, Mr Pretty Eyes.

Isolationist
Oct 18, 2005

The implication.

Constellation I posted:

Watching through Reacher and pretty impressed with Alan Ritchson and the big 3 of the cast, really. Pretty fun watch, I never bothered with the Tom Cruise movies and it's just so hilarious now that Cruise was even cast for the role given his size.

Please please please try Blue Mountain State. He's amazing (and directed some episodes), and the show is like a window into a bizarro-world where American Pie films somehow grew up and combined with Naked Gun/Not Another Teen Movie.

I am not American and dislike sports, but it's great (and the show somehow includes netx to no sports).

Isolationist
Oct 18, 2005

The implication.

someusername posted:

Perpetual Grace LTD somehow slipped by me and it's a great slow burn crime thing from a couple years back that I never saw anything about and wouldn't have except Epix is a buck for a few months.

Less cutesy whimsy and more existential nihilism, but try Patriot - mostly the same folks, and similarly fantastic.

Isolationist
Oct 18, 2005

The implication.

Mercury Ballistic posted:

Just wanted to say a big hearty gently caress you Amazon for adding commercials to prime.

I've voted with my wallet and cancelled the membership in protest even though it was worthwhile for shipping. Protest pirating.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Isolationist
Oct 18, 2005

The implication.

remigious posted:

I’m finally watching euphoria and wow, this is wild. I was not expecting to be so enthralled.

Most impressive part IMHO was the soundtrack, some interesting bangers in there - MAN the dealer looked like Mac Miller too.