Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

C2C - 2.0
May 14, 2006

Dubs In The Key Of Life

Lipstick Apathy
Just watched the first episode of Ozark on Netflix. Certainly enough there to keep watching. Plus Laura Linney is an awesome actress.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

C2C - 2.0
May 14, 2006

Dubs In The Key Of Life

Lipstick Apathy
I think I read yesterday on Twitter that Jason Bateman pulls off "unaffected" like no other actor & I couldn't agree more.

C2C - 2.0
May 14, 2006

Dubs In The Key Of Life

Lipstick Apathy
Glad I gave Mindhunter a shot. Love it so far.

C2C - 2.0
May 14, 2006

Dubs In The Key Of Life

Lipstick Apathy
Okay, one episode deep into Jean-Claude Van Johnson and I'm on board for the season.

C2C - 2.0
May 14, 2006

Dubs In The Key Of Life

Lipstick Apathy
Peaky Blinders Season 4 is up on Netflix!

C2C - 2.0
May 14, 2006

Dubs In The Key Of Life

Lipstick Apathy

Jippa posted:

Can any of you in the US just check to see if the the bridge is on your netflix version please. I searched for it on mine and it comes up in the list of shows at the top but not is a clickable thumbnail so I'm guessing it's region locked for me?

Not at this moment, it isn't

C2C - 2.0
May 14, 2006

Dubs In The Key Of Life

Lipstick Apathy
Wild, Wild Country

:stare:

God bless the Duplass brothers!

C2C - 2.0
May 14, 2006

Dubs In The Key Of Life

Lipstick Apathy

Ulio posted:

Anyone watched The Frankenstein Chronicles? I am interested in it because of Sean Bean and the last UK murder mystery I saw Broadchurch was great.

Do it. It's really good.

C2C - 2.0
May 14, 2006

Dubs In The Key Of Life

Lipstick Apathy

Retardog posted:

Does it pick up? I got to about episode 4 and felt that Sean Bean was the only worthwhile part

It does!

C2C - 2.0
May 14, 2006

Dubs In The Key Of Life

Lipstick Apathy
Ozark S2 just landed on Netflix.

C2C - 2.0
May 14, 2006

Dubs In The Key Of Life

Lipstick Apathy
Scrolled thru the first 4 pages of the sub & didn't see a show thread (might've missed it). Currently binging Baskets on Hulu and I fuckin' love this show. Kinda' sad to see the next season will be its last but goddamn so many great moments already!

C2C - 2.0
May 14, 2006

Dubs In The Key Of Life

Lipstick Apathy
If you liked Spartacus, check out the 2-season run on Rome on HBO if you've never seen it. Not as heavy-handed in some respects, but still gory Roman fun & great acting as well.

C2C - 2.0
May 14, 2006

Dubs In The Key Of Life

Lipstick Apathy
Mentioned it in the streaming thread, but I'm 3 episodes into the Innocence Project doc on Netflix and its left me all kinds of hosed up.

C2C - 2.0
May 14, 2006

Dubs In The Key Of Life

Lipstick Apathy
Your Pretty Face Is Going To Hell has completely hit the spot for my sophomoric comedy needs. I love it.

C2C - 2.0
May 14, 2006

Dubs In The Key Of Life

Lipstick Apathy
Caught the Dave finale tonight. Loved it, as I did most of the season. That Breakfast Club appearance was a great final scene.

C2C - 2.0
May 14, 2006

Dubs In The Key Of Life

Lipstick Apathy

Silly Burrito posted:

Watched the first episode of Amazon's Upload today and got hooked. Ended up watching all 10 episodes (they're 30 minutes) in one day. Never did that before.

Really enjoyed it. Just kept thinking....San Junipero.

On ep 5 right now. Good show so far.

C2C - 2.0
May 14, 2006

Dubs In The Key Of Life

Lipstick Apathy

Buttchocks posted:

Started watching Copenhagen Cowboy on Netflix. hoo-boy. Let's get the obvious joke out of the way: Garfunkel and Oates really hit the skids after their Denmark tour.

What is this trying to be, exactly? Is it supposed to be a dark comedy? I really don't know. It's so plodding, dull, and unpleasant it's almost satire. It's exactly like watching this, camera pans and all, no exaggeration:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qMCY6kldN2I

except instead of black & white, every scene is lit like the pink room in Fire Walk With Me. And instead of robots it's sex trafficking victims, and instead of falling off a pier, Tom gets strangled to death, slowly, and then a pig squeals.
I actually no joke had to put on subtitles because I kept forgetting the first part of people's sentences by the time they finished them.

Also, this caught my eye in the credits. Did they only do one stunt each? I'm picturing a line of them waiting nervously as the stunt coordinator shouts "New Stuntperson!" as each previous one gets injured and carted off set.

First time watching Refn, eh?

C2C - 2.0
May 14, 2006

Dubs In The Key Of Life

Lipstick Apathy
Anyone have an opinion on Jury Duty? Seen it mentioned (mostly positive) in articles but can’t remember if it’s been mentioned in this thread.

C2C - 2.0
May 14, 2006

Dubs In The Key Of Life

Lipstick Apathy
Great to hear! I’m gonna queue it up this evening & give it a spin.

C2C - 2.0
May 14, 2006

Dubs In The Key Of Life

Lipstick Apathy
Reposted from the Streaming rhread:

Wolfsheim posted:

I also watched the first two eps of Soderbergh's new HBO show Full Circle and it rocks so far, has some slightly-more-grounded True Detective vibes. Hopefully that means it doesn't fall apart the same way lol

Not even 9 minutes in to the first episode: CCH Pounder, Tim Olyphant, Claire Danes, Zazie Beetz, and Jim Gaffigan. I'm sold just on the cast alone!

EDIT: poo poo I don't know I didn't recognize him in the funeral scene; Jharrel Jerome too and Dennis Quaid.

EDIT: Okay; 2 episodes in & I'm hooked. Also, Phaldut Sarma is knocking it out of the park in every scene he's in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

C2C - 2.0
May 14, 2006

Dubs In The Key Of Life

Lipstick Apathy

Mr. Funny Pants posted:

Just finished the first episode and I'm done. The whole thing wasn't grabbing me too much but the ending sealed the deal. I'm sorry, but them not instantly calling the loving police when they realized what was going on is such a grotesque violation of my, "No loving rational human being on the planet would do this," clause that I'm not bothering. I can forgive a lot of stupid poo poo but for whatever reason, it really pissed me off.

Funny you should mention that; I also had a "WTF?" reaction to it, especially because it's such a big part of what's moving the plot along. I powered thru it, though, and the second episode was even better than the first. As obnoxious as the conceit may be, this seems to be (in true Soderbergh fashion), more character-driven than anything else & I'm really digging the performances, particularly from all of the non-A Listers in the cast.