Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

D-Pad
Jun 28, 2006

I'm one of the few who didn't get pissed at the ending of the first season of The OA, but I still saw the problems people had with it. The 2nd season is just really loving good though and I would encourage anybody who liked the first season except for the ending go ahead and watch the 2nd season. Just wow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

D-Pad
Jun 28, 2006

Accretionist posted:

Bosch - S5 - Still good!

Description: Cop noir. Written around season long arcs. Lots of good performances and LA is very prominent in visuals and feels. They're doing a great job of keeping hte quality up

I binged S5 in two days while I was sick. Love this show. It just has a feel you don't find on TV much. Bosch is one of my all time favorite cop characters. I'm tempted to read the books.

D-Pad
Jun 28, 2006

Constellation I posted:

Definitely give Bosch and Goliath a watch as well. Sure, you'll think it's yet another gritty cop and lawyer show but they're really well done.

Bosch is loving awesome I love Titus Welliver in that role.

I've started Magicians season 2 after never finishing it when it came out. It's dumb fun.

D-Pad
Jun 28, 2006

Just finished the 3rd and last season of Occupied on netflix. An excellent Norwegian show that starts off with an environmentally conscious Norwegian government stopping all oil and gas production that leads to Russia occupying and controlling Norway in order to secure EU/Russian energy supplies. It spirals from there and takes a deep dive into how Russia operates internationally through extortion and bribery. The invasion is for the most part bloodless and depends on behind the scenes manipulation by Russia of Norwegian politicians and officials. It's a scary show that parallels alot of real life events including Russian interference in American elections. Apparently, it pissed off Russia pretty badly. I highly recommend it.

D-Pad
Jun 28, 2006

grate deceiver posted:

It's the best sci-fi show of, I don't know, the last 20 years?

I'm sorry but Battlestar Galactica would like to have a word with you

D-Pad
Jun 28, 2006

Mu Zeta posted:

Try watching BSG again. Most of the actors are bad and it just doesn't hold up anymore. Expanse is like if scifi was actually good.

I have and this isn't true. I love the expanse but lol if you think the main character, Holden, is a good actor.

D-Pad
Jun 28, 2006

Open Source Idiom posted:

Oh yeah, seconding Corporate. The fact that the show foresaw the "warpaint" = "makeup for men" trend is hilarious.

Also Harley Quinn's first season just finished airing and it's genuinely really funny.

The what trend now?

D-Pad
Jun 28, 2006

Open Source Idiom posted:

https://warpaintformen.com

Corporate made the joke and then real life was like psyche!

Oh so it's just regular makeup with bro branding. I thought you meant like actual war paint was becoming a thing.

D-Pad
Jun 28, 2006

Rain Brain posted:

Is anyone watching Beforeigners? I checked out the first couple episodes this weekend (the whole first series is on HBO) and am enjoying it. It's a Norwegian production about a world where ~15 years ago people started appearing from the past (going back at least 10,000 years) and we're following two cops, one a former Viking shieldmaiden, as they solve a murder. Really good production design and I'm torn between wanting more information about how the world now works and being happy with just what I can infer.

If you like this check out Occupied on Netflix. It is also a really great norwegian what if show.

D-Pad
Jun 28, 2006

Gangs of London is extremely the poo poo

D-Pad
Jun 28, 2006

Constellation I posted:

Been watching through the first couple episodes of Into the Night. It's plot hole city, but oh man, it's fun. It has some Lost influences for sure but nothing beyond flashbacks really. I'm glad this is a Belgian Netflix series rather than a bullshit show that gets CW'd on The CW. Haven't finished it yet though so we'll see.

I enjoyed it. It's trash, but fun trash. They put a hook for a 2nd season in which surprised me.

D-Pad
Jun 28, 2006

So I've watched the first four episodes of Devils, a financial drama set at a London investment bank. It's a Sky show so it's only out in the EU I believe. I am, of course, totally a UK citizen watching it legally. Anyway I am really enjoying it so far. It's kind of like a much darker Billions. I highly recommend it. I've watched every good show ever made in the US so I am getting heavy into European TV and there really is quite a lot of great stuff that you just never hear about in the US. Gangs of London was loving amazing, although it is coming to the US later this year apparently.

D-Pad
Jun 28, 2006

I am almost finished with a show called Devils that is only out in Italy and France so far on Sky Atlantic. It got picked up by CW in the US and will be coming out this fall. DO NOT SLEEP ON THIS SHOW. I am incredibly surprised CW picked it up as it's nothing like their typical program. It's a financial thriller and feels like something I would expect to see on HBO. Really loving good. Highly recommend you all check it out. It's got Patrick Dempsey from Grey's Anatomy as the main bad guy, although there really aren't any good guys.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

D-Pad
Jun 28, 2006

Accretionist posted:

Nobel. Norwegian political-military drama.

It's nicely done! It's tightly written around realpolitik with intelligent characters. US Netflix. One season.

Also, I like the intro:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1-tKbnakMk8

If you enjoyed that you should really watch Occupied next. Also on Netflix. Also a norwegian political-military drama. Very good and I keep recommending it to this thread and haven't seen anybody else post about it yet.