Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SugarAddict
Oct 11, 2012

Zaodai posted:

His girlfriend's assement? "Everything was going so well, until that walking tree called the werewolf a friend of the family."

This needs to be quoted in the OP. :allears:
Because this more or less sums up competition in games like DOTA and LOL.

Edit: I'm a dummy for just restating the obvious.

SugarAddict fucked around with this message at 11:57 on Mar 15, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SugarAddict
Oct 11, 2012

There was a link to this in the sidebar.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FR6cfWSy0Yc
I like this better.

SugarAddict
Oct 11, 2012

TheSpiritFox posted:

Also, what exactly are the benefits of controlling a district or whatever?

Depending on what is built on the district,
A reduction to fuel consuption of POSs,
A reduction of research time of BPCs/BPOs at POSs,
and some other bonuses I can't find
I think one is a reduction to ship building time at POSs.
http://community.eveonline.com/news/dev-blogs/team-true-grit-brings-some-changes-this-may/

SugarAddict
Oct 11, 2012

.TakaM posted:

Psh, here is the MLGprostrats420blazeitYOLOswag EOD bot:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L0fRZ0Dc89s
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hPdgLTl7ja4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=11YaS7Jdc7w
Another great thing about the EOD bot is you can drive it to the next set of mcoms and wait until your team takes the base and immediately plant the new mcom. (you just have to keep exiting the EODbot before the 10 sec timer runs out)

This is magical in a way. It's like watching people do scupturing but with explosives or golf but with explosives. Still :science:

SugarAddict
Oct 11, 2012

I_Socom posted:

This also works on BF3, so I'm going to repost one of my favourite videos that was posted earlier in this thread :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iN4qGR1NtvI

This is beautiful.

SugarAddict
Oct 11, 2012

Lunethex posted:

What is a real gun in the world of online shooters :psyduck:

Either the riot shield or the knive, take your pick.

SugarAddict
Oct 11, 2012

Coolguye posted:

This is loving magical.

Yes, yes it loving is loving magical!

SugarAddict
Oct 11, 2012

bucketmouse posted:

Short and sweet:

In Dota 2 if you rightclick someone allied you'll follow them at a distance of ~3 feet. This includes people who are already following someone else. If you and three friends are all in a huge train following the one racist rear end in a top hat pub on your team and someone's quietly micspamming the Dragon Warrior overworld theme over voice chat, the game tends to end quickly and with a lot of rage.

This is great.

SugarAddict
Oct 11, 2012

quote:

Perfect Dark and Goldeneye griefing

I still have Perfect Dark and Goldeneye. also, picking oddjob. Another interesting thing in perfect dark is you can semi-customize your body. However, giving yourself a small body and small head meant less hitpoints, giving yourself a large body and a large head meant a ton more hitpoints. Also, the grinder and laptop guns. I have killed so many people with laptop guns. The special thing about laptop guns is they can be thrown at a wall and turned into a turret. what you do is place it down at the end of a hallway just far away enough that it can still shoot at people comming down the hallway, but at that distance its difficult for a player or computer to sucessfully shoot it since it was a smaller target from being so far away. Laptop guns are one of the many many things my friends and family have agreed to ban.

SugarAddict
Oct 11, 2012

That's not trolling, he's clearing away a fire hazard. :commissar:
ANY minecraft player with braincells knows to not build their entire house out of flamable materials, especially the outside. Any half-decent minecraft player wouldn't make their house out of flammable materials on a server with fire-spread enabled, let alone have their house above ground where it can be easily found and raided.

SugarAddict
Oct 11, 2012
Old and poor grief (mostly griefing myself)
Old warcraft 3 custom map by the name of Twilight's eve ORPG, theres a few funny things you can do.
On the highest dungeons you may have to wait 30 minutes or more for everyone to get ready to tackle it, often times people go AFK, and messages from the system are not recorded in the chat logs. When you challenge someone to a PVP match it sends a message to them then it disappears, also, they cannot leave the area until they accept or deny it.
Cue people raging for 30 minutes wondering why they didn't join the dungeon with the group or can't leave the area. And the group involved has to exit the dungeon and trek all the way back to the area to form up again.

The real fun is being a Sage which has the map's trademarked spell "Twilight's Eve", when used freezes EVERYONE in the area of effect and forces everyone to watch an anime cutscene of the planet exploding. and it is a good two minutes log cut scene. Also, it doesn't stop hp regeneration or freeze spell cooldown. So when used against bosses it actually does VERY little damage because the boss is regenerating their hp the entire time. What's also fun is getting in a PVP match with another sage with everyone else around you, cue everyone there having to sit and watch the anime cut scene TWICE. It usually fills the screen with rage from other players but that was two computers ago so I don't have any screenshots anymore.

Edit: Another class in the game can revive people that have died and summon them by their side. When you die you have to wait 5 minutes or something before you resurrect. You get the healer class with the resurrection special, you go into a high level area and wait for a newbie's death timer to almost run out then resurrect them and watch them immedately die and have to wait their timer our again.

SugarAddict fucked around with this message at 23:53 on Sep 6, 2013

SugarAddict
Oct 11, 2012

:allears: This is hilarious. Thank you for your contribution to this thread, and to the entertainment of everyone in this thread.

SugarAddict
Oct 11, 2012

Commoners posted:

The best thing is that people thought it was an admin that set up the invisible crushers in the hallway up until I was monologuing in the shuttle.

Never ever confess what you did, or tell anyone what you did while ingame. Doing stuff like that tends to backfire horribly.

SugarAddict
Oct 11, 2012

Tulip posted:

For a long time in Diablo 2, you couldn't walk through summons. Playing a skelemancer was basically the most anti-social thing you could do because you were the only person in your game who was able to even move anywhere.

Before they "fixed" skeletons, you could have one additional skeleton for each point you put in that particular skeleton. I had around +15 to skeleton summoning skills. at one point I had 100+ skeletons, some couldn't fit on screen. It was awesome because they were literal bone shields and it made it impossible for enemies to get around and kill me. They died in droves before and after the fix. But having too many on screen slowed it down to a crawl for myself and everyone else. I was unhappy that they nerfed it.

SugarAddict
Oct 11, 2012

Segmentation Fault posted:

This video is fantastic. Especially the parts with the creepy glitched-out soldier.

The glitched out soldier going zombie on people is funny.

This reminds me of this video,
Warning: lots of whining.
I am the law.

SugarAddict
Oct 11, 2012

SynthOrange posted:

The new hotkey input system has a dedicated fart hotkey.

I have never known a game to have something like that. That is amazing.

SugarAddict
Oct 11, 2012

Icedude posted:

"Feeding" is just a MOBA way of saying "dying to the other team repeatedly". When you kill another player, you get money and experience, usually a lot more than killing off a normal NPC mook enemy. When this happens over and over, you're "feeding" them free EXP and cash, which they use to get an advantage over your team, and if "fed" enough, become an over-levelled unstoppable juggernaut of death. Intentionally feeding to throw games is a big enough problem that you can get banned for it in most MOBAs, because there's no way for your teammates to stop you waltzing up to an enemy player and letting them smash your face in.

Of course, in the typical highly-toxic MOBA community, usually ANY death to the other team is called feeding.

It gets better or worse (depending on which side you are on) if the hero gets bonus stats for killing players. In the War3 map, Pudge would gain Strength(therefore more hitpoints and damage) for every kill/assist he was on, Silencer Stole enemy's intelligence stat, double so if he got the killing blow.

SugarAddict
Oct 11, 2012

:allears: This should become an offical CCP video.

SugarAddict
Oct 11, 2012

Dreggon posted:

Oh my. Where can I go to see more of this wonderful man?

"If I play this at home, will it hurt?"
"Hah... no."
"What if I pistol-whip someone?"

Is this guy a comedian or something, or is he just REALLY jaded?
I think it's both.
Did he actually steal that "ammo pack"? or did he return it after the show was done?

SugarAddict
Oct 11, 2012

Lutha Mahtin posted:

The funny bit is that when these explosives destroy friendly things, it counts against the 5000 damage limit for the player who placed the explosive. A top expert in Goonfeet has discovered that this means you can place a few of your own equipment next to one of these explosives, stand on top of it, shoot it, and the combined damage means the teammate who placed it will immediately get the one-day ban. It's a beautiful sight to behold.

:golfclap: That is amazing. I pray to lowtax you get everyone banned that uses explosives.

SugarAddict
Oct 11, 2012
He would have so much more fun playing minecraft, (and less rage). And a minecraft server would be significantly cheaper to rent than that.

Edit:

DreamShipWrecked posted:

Minecraft requires creativity and effort.

He would require only a quarter of the effort he puts into raging for minecraft.
Creativity? Minecraft only needs a little there. A dirt hut with a torch and a dirt door and you are good to go for the first night.

SugarAddict fucked around with this message at 03:30 on Dec 16, 2013

SugarAddict
Oct 11, 2012

Slime posted:

I tried to get into it and couldn't, then tried again when my friend put up a little server. All I ended up doing was griefing him (shoving him into holes, rearranging mine tunnels behind him) and carving dicks into the landscape.

I am not very creative when it comes to art.

Sounds like you need to play modded minecraft.

Action Tortoise posted:

That's not griefing that's the "Hello World!" of Minecraft.

You can program a computercraft turtle to do that for you, you can also use a computercraft speaker to start streaming out curse words of someone's speakers. Some people have made juke boxes using them. Elloram was looking at them and made a giant fuckoff quarry using them. Direwolf ususally uses them to automate tasks or make houses, or simplify/solve annoying problems.

SugarAddict
Oct 11, 2012

Coolguye posted:

which would result in them falling about 10 stories to their deaths. Eventually they just whined whined whined

Sounds like you got griefed. You need to find yourself some cool people to play with. I recommend checking the Private Games Servers thread for some modded minecraft servers with some responsible badmins to play with.

Edit: you can also check the OP for the minecraft modding thread for some servers.

SugarAddict fucked around with this message at 04:55 on Dec 16, 2013

SugarAddict
Oct 11, 2012
Sorry if I have to jump on the train with everyone else but...

Coolguye posted:

holy gently caress you guys are terrible

SugarAddict
Oct 11, 2012
Someone showed this video to me so I am sharing it here.
And before anyone asks, yes, there are people that are that illiterate with computers.
:nws:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W8_Kfjo3VjU:nws:.

SugarAddict
Oct 11, 2012
Why haven't you guys set up a land caravan of boats to events yet?

SugarAddict
Oct 11, 2012

Orv posted:

It takes eons.

That's when you hitch harpoon a ride on airships.

SugarAddict
Oct 11, 2012

Turk February posted:

Oh god, that's just too delicious.

Not empty quoting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SugarAddict
Oct 11, 2012

I find it hilarious you guys are having a serious discussion while two of your member's members are just hanging out in the open for everyone to see and you guys are discussing protecting someone's identity.

• Locked thread