Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bung
Dec 14, 2004

2006 Triumph Sprint ST

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bung
Dec 14, 2004

RacerHD12 posted:

Screw it, here's my (and my dad's) garage with the rest of our bikes:

Can you post some more pics of the tracker on the lift?

bung
Dec 14, 2004

I forgot to include my previous bike in my previous post. My last bike was a 2002 Speed Triple and I loving loved it. But, I needed something that would be more comfortable for longer, multi state trips.

Current is a 2006 Sprint ST

bung
Dec 14, 2004

Phat_Albert posted:

I want a TW200 in the worst way!!

A guy who posts at one of the moto boards I read claims that it is the only bike one would ever need. :rolleyes:

bung
Dec 14, 2004

Phat_Albert posted:

They did, problem is, you gotta spend about 30K to get it.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=120295079162
Just thinking about a 750 2-stroke scares the poo poo out of me.

bung
Dec 14, 2004

^^ Are those mirror extenders?

bung
Dec 14, 2004

Pubic Lair posted:

My 90 zephyr 550
I've always liked the looks of that bike.

bung
Dec 14, 2004

Simkin posted:

The rest looks great, but those headlights look like some hackjob aftermarket kit that you see people throwing onto ratty old flat black painted "streetfighter" rebuilt sportbikes.

Aren't the "street fighters" copying the Speed Triple and not vice versa? I had never seen the dual light setup until I had seen the Speed Triple many years ago.

bung
Dec 14, 2004

AngryGuy posted:

God drat I love that bike! If there was any way to put some type of riser bar on the 675 I would have bought that instead of the Sprint ST. It is loving brilliant on the track.

bung
Dec 14, 2004

My bike is currently trapped in the garage by furniture and a refrigerator.

bung
Dec 14, 2004

I had originally traded the Speed Triple for the Sprint ST because I wanted to do some touring but that never happened. The riding position on the Sprint was too aggressive for me and I really preferred the upright position of the Speed Triple. After over two years and only 4500 miles I decided to get something that I would actually enjoy riding. Sooooo... I just traded the 2006 Sprint ST for...

A 2008 Hypermotard 1100 S

I had never been a Ducati fan until I rode the Hypermotard. God drat is it a fun bike and the brakes are loving phenomenal!

bung
Dec 14, 2004

Simkin posted:

How's the ergos on that? Does it have a skinny-rear end dirtbike seat and metal pegs, or is it more of a standard with motocross trappings?

The ergos are pretty nice. The seat does force you down onto the tank due to it's slope but it is pretty wide and comfy. The pegs are shaped like MX style but they have a rubber insert on the top.

bung
Dec 14, 2004

I finally took some proper pictures of the Hypermotard.

bung
Dec 14, 2004

Z3n posted:

Nice pictures! Did you finally get the brake issue resolved to your satisfaction?

Thanks. AMS finally got me fixed up on the first try.

bung
Dec 14, 2004

Z3n posted:

asphaltandrubber.com has some good stuff.

I liked HFL before the pay model. :argh:

I love asphalt and rubber but their updates are almost as slow as the knee slider.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bung
Dec 14, 2004

clutchpuck posted:

They did a K1300R as well. When are they going to do the K1600R?

The K1300R on the frame looks like mailbox letters that you can get at the hardware store.