Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

laymil
Sep 13, 2005

so it goes...

This is my first bike, a 1989 Suzuki GSX600F (Katana). So far I haven't done much, other than tighten up some looks bolts, replace the gauge cluster, drop it and break the lens on a turn signal. I bled the front brakes this morning and braking feel is much improved.

Future plans are simply to clean it up a bit and possibly new paint on the fairings and tank.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

laymil
Sep 13, 2005

so it goes...

sigtrap posted:

After 2+ years of financial misery (balooning mortgage payment caused by miscalculated taxes blah blah house sucking me dry, no money, nearly bankrupt, etc.) I finally and miraculously sold my house and regained my freedom. So I bought myself a birthday present :haw:
God I love it.

That looks like just about the perfect bike to me. Congrats on getting out of the financial misery.

laymil
Sep 13, 2005

so it goes...
I just finished putting my freshly painted fairings back on my '89 GSX600F.

Here's what it looked like originally:

I found a stock exhaust, painted it with some high heat flat black since it was a bit beat up and bolted it up. At the beginning of winter I tore off all of the fairings and started painting. I didn't dedicate much time to it and it shows, but it turned out as a nice 5-10 footer, which is all I was really going for. I didn't put the mirrors on because 1) it's a paint in the rear end because the nuts are broken off and 2) I have a set of bar end mirrors coming later this week.

Here's what it looks like now:

Right after I took these pictures, I slipped rolling the bike back into the garage and dropped it! Lucky for me I just used cheap rattlecan paint, so 30 seconds of sanding the scuffed fairing, another 30 to paint and we're back where we started.

laymil
Sep 13, 2005

so it goes...
Since when are blue and black hideously mismatched :(?

laymil
Sep 13, 2005

so it goes...
Welp, I seem to have melted the front lower brake side fairing (blue lower in the pictures). For now I just took the lower fairings off. Should I run like this or go naked?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

laymil
Sep 13, 2005

so it goes...

2ndclasscitizen posted:

What is it? TDM?

Weestrom. As he's mentioned in every other thread in CA.