Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FreddyJackieTurner
May 15, 2008

Directed By: Charles Herman-Wermfeld
Written By: Adam Corolla and Kevin Hench

Starring: Adam Corolla and Oswaldo Castillo

I wasn’t really expecting much going into this even though I am a fan of Adam Corolla from listening to his past work on Loveline and seeing him on the Man Show. I didn’t recognize anybody from this movie, except for a cameo by Jane Lynch who is probably the biggest name in the movie.

Despite the movie being extremely low budget and Corolla usually not doing well on camera, he does do a decent job of playing himself here: a former golden gloves 40 year old loser construction worker who is offered the chance to get back into boxing and into the Olympics.

The writing is surprisingly tight and the jokes work well with Corrolla’s delivery, with just a few falling flat. There is also a romance subplot that is done well without being annoying and is still funny.

Overall, a great first movie for Adam Corolla, and good work from all the actors, especially since I didn’t recognize anybody (except one other person).

4/5

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU