Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Yeah, pretty generic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

tonelok posted:

I would be awfully paranoid about what would happen if a toilet overflowed. I know the chances are rare, but you would have literally seconds to keep from shorting something out, assuming you were around.

Hell, just trying to put a CD in must be a pain in the rear end unless you have an external CD/DVD/etc drive.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

chief touching you posted:

I bought a second hand jerker this morning. This thing owns. Pics to come!

Just remember to use the :nws: tag.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

BorderPatrol posted:

Bonus edit: He's also a huge ICP fan

Time to toss out the garbage, and I don't mean just what he's failing to place in the silver trash can.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

We had a computer lab in high school that had those desks. It wasn't that bad, but it wasn't revolutionary either.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Does Ikea sell the screws for the Gallant or anything? I have a Gallant, but lost the bag of screws for it (also a bad scratch, but oh well). This is an old desk and the screws got lost in the process of a move, so it's not like I have the receipt, just a pile of wood and steel. :smith:

vv I just hope that they don't care that I seemed to lost everything, and don't have a reciept, ha. I'm not normally one of "those" customers, but it's been a long time since purchase and now.

IUG fucked around with this message at 01:54 on Nov 18, 2010

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

The Apple key becomes your Windows key. Pressing it will open up the Start Menu.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Edward IV posted:

Is that a good or bad thing? I'm considering on whether I should get a new desk since it's a old dinky little thing that I think came from CompUSA. I've seen some photos here of people using the Gallant which I think look nice and there is an Ikea relatively close to me.

He was being very sarcastic as there's nearly a reference to the Gallant on every page.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Spike McAwesome posted:

I suppose this is a good a place as any to ask this:

I'm moving at the end of the month and I'm wondering where I should put my desk for a gaming desktop. Here's the floorplan of my new place:

The black arrow is pointing to a built-in desk. The red arrow is where I originally wanted to put my desk (Ikea Galant), and the blue arrow is another option. Am I being neurotic for thinking this way:

- I don't want to put my computer on the built-in desk. I'd rather use that for bills and for studying when I start grad school in the fall.
- I worry that by putting it in the living room (red arrow), it'll take up too much space in the room and make some of the breakfast bar unusable.
- But I don't really want to put it in the bedroom (blue arrow) since that seems too teenager-living-at-home to me.

Post your (theoretical) desktops!

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

McFunkerson posted:

Got myself a new desk, improved my cable management a bit and I am now quite happy with my home office set up :)

What kind of computer you got there?

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

McFunkerson posted:

27" iMac with a second 27" Apple Display

There was much sarcasm going over your head. I use a Mac too, but jesus christ...

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

chrome taco posted:

My very humble abode. Absolutely loving the U2913WM.

Why is it so yellow?

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

HalloKitty posted:

Oh god, this is why I never run a case with an open top vent. I can just see a beer being knocked into that, pooling on the back of my nice graphics card

I had this happen when my ex was playing Portal on my computer, and went for a glass of water. Went right into the top fan, and I sprinted to the computer and pulled the power cable from the PSU.

That computer still works to this day though.

Speak of which, I bought a house and moved in, so here's the new setup.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Goober Peas posted:

Oooh! Where'd you get that laptop stand? I *need* that.

I have the same one, and got it from Amazon:
http://www.amazon.com/Rain-Design-10032-mStand-Laptop/dp/B000OOYECC/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1379191083&sr=8-1&keywords=laptop+stand
Currently $44 and Prime shipping if you have that.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

That's the worst banana holder I've ever saw!

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Since I have a HTPC in my living room doing the same thing basically, my suggestion is get get a good bluetooth receiver, and then a good bluetooth keyboard and a trackpad/mouse. I use both Apple keyboard and trackpad for my Windows HTPC setup, and it's great. I can sit about 10 feet away, and don't really need one of those lap table things since the trackpad doesn't require a mousepad/flat surface to use it.

HTPC in the bottom left.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Try pointing your camera away from the sun.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Did you want a setup that shows you all the cords at all the times? Or is there a reason why you have all your power cables visible?

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

I'm just asking because he said that he has to take it down every time he uses the screen. I was wondering why he would mount everything to the wall then.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Speak of which, that clock looks awesome if it's a magnetic floating one.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

That would be the nicest dorm furniture I've ever seen. Then again, I did go to a state school...

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

So did you cut a hole in the wall so the rest of that CRT monitor can be flush against the wall?

vv I was just joking because that monitor is about 40% bezel.

IUG fucked around with this message at 23:55 on Mar 19, 2014

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

I'm going to be the one who asks "why do you have a VCR player and what looks like a 2 deck tape audio cassette player hooked up?".

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

:10bux: says that dog is named "Ein".

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

GokieKS posted:

Nah, that's too cliched. Her name is Fenny, short for Fenchurch. :hfive: to anyone who gets the reference.

I should have (not) wagered 42 dollars then.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Blinds.com

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

I'd be more ashamed of the vape than the Cowboy Bebop poster.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

BabyRyoga posted:

Same ol' setup, count the number of video game consoles edition (click for bigger)

Do you develop film in that room or something?

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

That's clearly cherenkov radiation. It runs at 3.6 ghz. Not bad, not great.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

American McGay posted:

I'm seeing double. 3 MCs and 1 DJ.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Photex posted:

I just finished a full basement renovation and moved my office down there

Photex, are you aware that you are a cat?

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Jesus, have some class. You shouldn't be asking strangers on the internet about how they crank their load.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

llibja posted:

Another thumbs up for the Husky adjustable height worktable, this is the 72 inch version. Just waiting on some straps to tuck that bundle of cables behind the right leg. A+ would buy again.

Ugh, I've been watching Home Depot's site to try to get the 46" version in white, but so far it's never been in stock since it was mentioned here. Also, I didn't know that Husky was Home Depot's store brand until like yesterday when I was trying to find it being sold elsewhere.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

That third screen on the right looks like it's blocking an amazing view. 😼

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Is that a Doomtree reference on the left, with the "No Kings" on it?

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

CH Science posted:

Uh good question. It's a page out of the program from Combo Breaker 2018, a Midwest fighting game tournament. all their swag is full of No gods, No coast, No kings. I'll have to look up this Doomtree

Ah, doesn't sound like it then. I couldn't make out the faces in the picture (and there's probably too many people anyways), but they do the "No Kings" thing, along with a crown.
https://doomtree.bandcamp.com/album/no-kings

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Isn't right now the worst time to start building a Hackintosh? They just switched processor types to their own chips.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Ok Comboomer posted:

Home Depot’s Husky worktops are really nice for the money. Several goons have bought crank-driven sit/stand ones at various widths. You can get them in white.

I can confirm. I'm using the 46" one, and my wife wants to pick up a second one for herself, for crafting on.

Sitting:

Standing (after 50 turns):

Coworker:

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Yeah, they're made as tool benches, so they can hold some weight. But I'm a computer toucher, so instead it's a pencil tray filled with SD cards, adapters, etc. They open/close fine, and even have a little resistance when fully closed so you don't knock the bottom one open if you brush against it or something. Not to mention the drawers are huge for my purposes. The bottom drawer is basically a junk drawer as all the important stuff fit in the top one with space to spare.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Wasabi the J posted:

The Husky goes on sale semiannually, which make it a better bargain.

Is there a time of year when this is? My wife wants a second one in the office for herself.