Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DGM_2
Jun 13, 2012
I found this back in the BBS days and it might have just been someone's personal CRPG project, so I can't swear it even exists anymore. But it occasionally still pops into my head, so I'll ask anyway.

It was an Ultima-like game with a tile map and an overhead view. There were three elemental planes you had to visit to win (I can't recall which of the four classical elements was left out). You are warned not to go to any of the planes until you find an artifact called the Rod of Return, as there's no other way to get back to your world.

I could never beat it because I could never find the @#$%ing rod even though I was convinced I'd searched everywhere a dozen times. I'm not even sure the Rod was actually there to be found, if a bug was stopping me or if the game was simply incomplete. I was able to go to the elemental planes if I wanted to but it was a one-way trip.

Anyone else remember this one?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU