Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rectus
Apr 27, 2008

Sociopastry posted:

Finally getting around to playing old adventure games. Anyone have anything for Beneath a Steel Sky?

Beneath a Steel Sky: This is one of those adventure game where you can die, so save a lot. It isn't a sierra game though, so a lot of the deaths can be avoided with common sense, and being vigilant.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rectus
Apr 27, 2008

Count Chocula posted:

It didn't seem to work for me. I won the first race by wasting every other car and didn't unlock any new cars.

If it's the same as the Android version, the cars need to show up as stealable in the vehicle selection screen before you can get them. I think they become stealable at certain ranks. You can keep resetting the race by going back at the positions screen until the car you want pops up.

Rectus
Apr 27, 2008

Mock and Droll posted:

I recently picked up the Origin bundle, so what do I need to know about Battlefield 3?

Read this post in the Battlefield 3 thread. It has a lot of handy tips for beginners. Also know that Q spotting has a short cooldown if you spam it a lot, but that doesn't mean that you shouldn't do it.

Rectus fucked around with this message at 21:58 on Aug 18, 2013

Rectus
Apr 27, 2008

1337kutkufan6969 posted:

Anything for Elite: Dangerous? I checked the wiki but couldn't see anything

There are some tips in the second post of the Games thread, as well as module and ship guides in the PGS thread.

* Other players have hollow icons on the sensor display, and have CMDR in front of their names.

* If players are hogging up all the docking bays on an outpost, you can switch over to solo mode to land.

* Before upgrading or buying a new ship, make sure you have enough money to cover the insurance cost in case it gets blown up, or you'll lose your hard earned ship (the starter equipped Sidewinder is free though).

* If you're bounty hunting, don't shoot pirate ships until the scan on them finishes, and the red Wanted text appears in the bottom left. Otherwise you'll get reported to the police for assault unless you're in a lawless system.

* Ramming is a valid combat tactic. :getin:

Rectus
Apr 27, 2008

Mayor McCheese posted:

Anything for Kerbal Space Program? Did all the tutorials and am going to try the career mode.

If it doesn't go fast enough, strap more rockets on it. If it falls apart add more struts. :jeb:

Rectus
Apr 27, 2008

Dr. Quarex posted:

The Thief reboot (I could have sworn I saw hints for this somewhere, but nothing on BeforeIPlay)?

Some of the side missions are a lot better than the main story missions.

Rectus
Apr 27, 2008

More PUBG:

A punch to the head is an instakill if the target does not have an helmet, so go for headshots whenever possible in fistfights. A common tactic is to jump and melee for a superman punch.
Make sure to equip the default holster in your inventory. It gives a small amount of extra carrying capacity.
The pan can save your rear end, literally. Always pick one up.

e: Buy crates for in-game cash and sell them on the Steam market for funbucks.

Rectus fucked around with this message at 21:11 on Aug 27, 2017

Rectus
Apr 27, 2008

1redflag posted:

Really just looking for a game where I can fly around space at my leisure. No Man's Sky scratched this itch for a while, so I figured I'd give E:D a try.

E:D is still a good do-whatever-in-space type of game. It's just vast and almost everything is procedurally generated, so it can start feeling samey after a while. There is plenty of unique stuff to find, but it's often placed pretty far apart. Also joining the Diamond Frogs will make the game even better.

Most of what's on the wiki is still relevant. A good early game money maker is going to Resource Extraction Sites in planetary rings and following the police ships around. If you shoot at a wanted ship at least once before it dies, you'll get the full bounty for it as long as too much time hasn't passed in between.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rectus
Apr 27, 2008

Inspector Gesicht posted:

Call of Pripyat. Been in my library a while, the only game in the series that's playable without mods. Want to start a First-Person-Sandbox after nuking everything in Dying Light.

All I know is that it's about scavengers who find alien artifacts in an alternate Russia much like today's Russia. How do you progress? What RPG elements are there? Do I change the VA to Russian? Do I have to worry about eating and sleeping?

A few more:

- You need to have your detector out to see artifacts.

- The lower end detectors can't find all the artifacts.

- Artifacts can respawn after blowouts.