Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

I just started Dead Rising 2 on the xbox 360, anything in particular I should know?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Thanks for the advice, game looks fun especially if I ignore the drat survivors.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Yup thats alot but should be helpful, thanks for everyone pointing me in the right direction.

I got a question, each time I am playing co-op whenever my game asks me to save or I save myself the other play gets kicked out. Is this a common bug?

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

YYZ posted:

I'm playing through Dragon Age: Origins at the moment. I've finished the Redcliffe, Mage Tower and Orzammar quest-lines. Is there a point of no return coming up where I'll be unable to finish up all the side-quests I have?

You really should do the specific missions for the town when you're doing it's main quest. Like a lot of Orzammar's sidequest happen in the Deep Roads, so does the main quest, do both of them at once. Same goes for every town/place except maybe Denarim because certain areas unlock after a certain quest is completed etc...It will be obvious when you come to the final part where you can't go back. But just try to do every sidequest along with the mainquest of the town together.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

itrorev posted:

-The Typhoon Explosive aug is the strongest weapon in the game. When fully upgraded it'll kill everything, and I mean everything. Giant robot ruining your day? Typhoon that bitch. It'll even inflict huge amounts of damage onto bosses. Only downside is it's short range.

This is a really good tip, I said it in the main thread too. Lots of people who are bitching about the Bosses(Yes they suck), should use this AUG(MAXED out). Even though it's short range whenever you execute it you cant get damaged and after performing it you have split second to run away.

Good post but I don't think he/she mentioned that you can SAVE in boss fights. So after you do a substantial amount of damage or any damage at all you should run and save quickly.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Any useful tips for Dynasty Warriors 7?

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Zushio posted:

So for The Witcher: Enhanced Edition anything else besides what is on the wiki?

I keep hearing about a combat rebalance patch? Any advice there?

I don't know what the wiki says but I would recommend going on hard. You can play without the combat patch it's just a lot clunkier.

-On hard difficulty the game is a lot more intense and makes use everything available to you(elixirs/magic/stances). Especially the beginning part is brutal but the game gets easier mid way through. So if you really don't mind combat being easy as gently caress late game you should go on hard because on easy/medium you will melt everything. Playing on hard actually makes sense with how grim/scary the world is but it is up to you.

-There are poo poo tons of quests and sometimes you will be overloaded with them. If you can't complete the quest just move on to the next one. There is many sidequest which you actually can't complete unless you move forward with the story. I remember trying to complete each sidequest completely before moving on the next but that doesn't really work in this game.

-Herbalism is important in this game and collecting herbs is a big part of that. Herbs can make huge difference in combat and even out of combat. It is not like Skyrim where you can brute force with just 1 skillset. So put some points in it instead of going full on damage.

-Toward the conclusion of any big questline you normally get two big options which will radically change the story so I recommend saving before that incase you don't like the outcome just in case. In most cases you don't really lose out on anything, I just stuck with whatever decision I made. Also sometimes the conclusion is the same whatever you choose.

-Also spells are also very important. You can't just be a melee character especially on hard. Some monsters you need to do deal ranged damage before you get close.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Ainsley McTree posted:

My secret confession is that I played all the witcher games on easy and I love them a lot (except the first)

Although I will say that once you get your witcher gear rolling in 3, the game becomes so easy that it became boring even for me, so I bumped it up to normal, maybe even hard at one point.

It is just a personal thing. I totally agree difficulty is not needed to enjoy the game but for me personally the added difficulty in combat went along well with the grim outlook of that world.

Either way The Witcher games are great imo a tad overrated but thats because I prefer well designed combat over story/world etc... Still I would recommend The Witcher series to anyone since they have almost no flaws minus the combat being slightly repetitive.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Anything worth knowing about Drakengard? Just started and I am wondering if you can miss the weapons and such.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Barudak posted:

You cant miss weapons because grinding 45 minute missions over and over again with increasingly insane conditions to unlock new weapons is 90% of the end game.

Combat never really changes, your dragon is typically complete rear end that will get you killed, and if you dont enjoy knockoff dynasty warriors you never will.

Grinding out weapon upgrades is also a nightmare, try to never think about that.

Youre genuinely only playing this game for its story because to contemplate otherwise is infathomable. Just youtube the final ending instead of grinding out for it.

The sequel is extremely not good as well and the plot is less fun even if at one point somebody literally kills death for getting in their way. The second sequel is mechanically improved but narratively uninteresting to the end and features a final boss fight in contention for “worst boss fight of all time”

Ya I mainly am playing for the plot. I actually enjoy the Dynasty Warrior games but this has much worse combat imo.

I have heard about the win conditions on some maps being insane. This is the only thing I am worried about. Is it just the time constraint or enemies being hard that is frustrating?

E:I might just drop it if its too tedious.

Ulio fucked around with this message at 07:13 on Dec 25, 2017

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Barudak posted:

Theyre a range of bad things. Several require nearly 40 minutes of mindless killing then a desperate dash to get back to whatever random spot on the map the weapon spawned before the mission times out, others require speed running levels with tight time limits and random conditions so have fun replaying a stage multiple times for one weapon, and several are basically “buy a guide”.

The fact that they made this and somebody ever hired them again is absolute madness.

holy poo poo u were totally right. I have incredibly low standards and I couldn't get through chapter 3. I just went and read the story, watched analysis on it on youtube. I think if it didn't have the air combat I would have played it but the cameras were straight hosed in the air sections. Having played PS2 games recently I keep forgetting how BAD the camera systems were in that generations. The gameplay of a lot games is actually decent but how the gently caress could they not make a decent camera for so many years.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Anything worth knowing about Binary Domain, playing it on hard thus far. The ai companions seem on par with most ai companions aka dumb as bricks.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

anilEhilated posted:

Yeah, don't rely on the voice gimmicks and so on, just treat it as a standard cover shooter with an utterly fantastic sense of escalation.

Ya loving it really. Going back and seeing the reviews seems like it got a bit underrated.. It feels like a pure macho action movie from the 80s but with great combat. Especially the parts dismemberment it completely changes the ai's moveset and it gives you different ways to approach the fights.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Neddy Seagoon posted:

If you want to try for the Golden Ending; Pick Charles and Rachel whenever you can, they get the fewest opportunities to be in your squad. Don't take Cain or Faye by choice, they're fixed squad members for a stretch later.

Ya I've been doing mostly this. Man it is hard though, after seeing Cain in his debut scene I wanted to play the rest of the game with him. Sassy French Robot is too cool.

Senjuro posted:

The beforeiplay wiki has a lot of good advice for the game but the most important one is to not miss the upgrade that boosts the amount of approval gained. Makes getting the best ending a lot easier. Be careful not to miss it in the first area that you get to that has a bunch of civilian NPCs. Talk to everyone there until you find it.

Ya I don't know if I missed those. I explore every level as much as I can unless there is an urgent objective. Are those nanomachines or just some boosts? Cause I did find some codex looking things but doesn't say what they do.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Senjuro posted:

It's a nanomachine in chapter 2. When you get to this area:

Talk to this guy:

Although it sounds like you've already passed this point.

Ya I definitely missed that but I think I got the right ending? Anyway Binary Domain is hella fun. Seems like one of those games that got average reviews like Yakuza or Dragons Dogma but it is absolutely fun. On hard it took me around 13hours but on normal it should be 7-8 hours so it is a memorable fun game you can finish in one day.

I am moving on to some newer games after playing mostly older games on my backlog. I started Persona 5 and have completed the first few days + tutorial. I have never played any of the SMT games or Persona spin offs. I have experience with JRPG games though mostly DQ and FF series. I started it on hard, I read the beforeiplay wiki, it mostly talked about the teenager life aspect and not the gameplay/battle aspect. Is the teenager life stuff really that important in these games?

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

municipal shrimp posted:

Just started Final Fantasy X for the first time. Anyone have any tips? This is also my first FF game.

My lovely horse gave some great advice.

I would also add.

-If you just want to finish the game and not go for 100% don't do monster arena because it will require insane grind. It is only worth it if you want to make perfect sphere grid and make every character into gods.

-The ultimate weapons are optional and also require grinding/backtracking. They are really cool and have special effects related to each of them.

-Like the sphere grid, ultimate weapons and monster arena are mostly end game content. There is a lot of side stuff like this that, the chocobo races, optional towns, hidden summons and blitzball.

-If you struggle at a boss just go back to a save even if it is far back. Grinding is the solution to pretty much any obstacle in JRPGs.

-The first blitzball match is very hard to win but if you do win it you get a secret move.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Panic! at Nabisco posted:

You get the Jecht Shot 2 by having Tidus's last blitzball ability, being at least level 16, and it shows up as a tournament prize. As far as I know there's literally no way to get it from the Goers game since you couldn't have gotten all his techniques by then.

I guess I miss remembered. I thought it had something to do with Jecht shot 2 or Tidu's overdrive. Been ages since I played. But ya if you get Jecht shot on the boot trip before the blitzball match is winnable but don't frustrate yourself if you can't. Many people have a bad opinion of Blitzball because of that first match which is ultra hard.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

DOUBLE CLICK HERE posted:

Does anyone open a jrpg not expecting at least a moderate amount of tedium and anime portraits talking to each other for hours?

Ya seriously it is so hard to go from games with no story or exposition to JRPGs. Like just let me at least walk around while we talk.

Persona 5's story's writing is better than most JRPGS but there are many moments where it is way too heavy on the exposition and dialogues. I am still going through it but each time you get a new party member there is like 20 dialogue boxes explaining to them what the metaverse is. Like could they have not just done an edit where it shows you telling them instead of going through it each time.

Also the loading screen says take your time but the game sure has hell doesn't let you do that. It always makes you feel rushed and wants you do 4 hang outs at the same time so you can't do any.

Anyway those are just small grips I have about it. Other than that enjoying it thoroughly.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Anything for Ninja Gaiden Sigma? I have already beaten Ninja Gaiden 2 on harder difficulties but that was a few years ago. The wiki says to only use the Katana as it is the strongest weapon but the wiki of the game says some weapon are stronger vs some enemies. I am guessing the level you get the weapon is where that weapon is probably gonna be useful. Also I forgot if you can block infinitely or do they just break your guard eventually? Thus far I am just using the roll and jump instead of blocking since you get cornered easily if you stay in place.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Ya I tried that but it seems the ai's different in Sigma. Atleast they block a lot more so you can flying swallow spam a room. Or maybe it was just me fighting in a small area with traps so I didn't fully commit to that strategy.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

1redflag posted:

On-land charge is clutch. Look up a video and abuse

What is this I couldn't find it. Is it when you get 2 orange essence you instantly get level two of your charge up if you press y?

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

1redflag posted:

Kind of., it's when there is floating essence, if you press strong attack right when you land from a jump, you will absorb the essence and perform the weapons ultimate attack. It makes you a loving murder machine and is pretty much required on higher difficulties (otherwise it will take you multiple seconds to absorb the essence and charge up the attack).

Basically, to do it, hop forward, and right as you are about to touch the ground, press strong attack (triangle I think) and you'll insta-absorb essence and unleash. The dual swords ultimate is killer for this.

This guy explains it better than I can:
https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/935677-ninja-gaiden-sigma/41485043

E. Looking at your post again, yea, I think we are talking about the same thing, just different phrasing. Aslo, note that doing this will "eat" the essence and you won't get to absorb it for health/leveling up

Ok ya I understand what you are saying. I saw this in a no dmg master ninja run of the game. The guy was, as you say, a loving murder machine.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Foxhound posted:

Sounds like the Izuna Drop aka The Strongest Video Game Move.

Anyway, anything for Mankind Divided? I finished Human Revolution.

Izuna drop is like a 1 hit kill I believe vs most regular enemies. It also looks ridiculous because how high he goes to piledrive them. Love that move.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

So I am about to finish Persona 5, a few tips I would like to put out here that aren't in the wiki and nobody told me as a first timer to the series. Which would make the game much easier.

-For palaces, don't wait till the last few days to do them. Start them as soon as you can and finish them asap. The rest of the days you can just increase your social link.

-For social link, sometimes it will say my bond won't grow with this person. You can still hang out with them and the next time it will most likely rank up. Only person you shouldn't do this with is Sojiro(past rank4) because he doesn't rank up until a certain plot point.

-The best confidants to max for GAMEPLAY are Temperance(teacher), Death(doctor), Star(shogi player) and Moon(Mishima). Temperance frees up slots of your days so you can do more stuff. Death you can buy SP regen accessory which is the best accessory equipment in the game. Star, lets you swap party members during battle which is only important in the last few battles but still useful. Mishima gives more EXP and more exp to party members who aren't being used. Not much to say, more exp = good.

-Strength persona is also very important so you can use higher level personas than you. Strength persona is easy to forget but it is the wardens inside the velvet room. Which you can talk to if you leave out the menu after you come in. This can be easily missed imo. I didn't know they were confidant till much later on.

-If you want to make the game easier you will need stronger and higher level personas with few weakness(good for normal/hard). I would suggest doing the money glitch because there is very little ways of actually farming a lot of gold even with fortune arcana. The money glitch you just need a persona with high luck stat, confuse boost passive and a confuse skill. There is a few bosses you can do this on in mementos. The latter ones give almost 100k gold per turn. If the boss doesn't get confuse you can't do it on him.

-With the money always get highest dmg melee weapon for your squad, armor is only useful latter on and guns are completely useless unless you have a persona who has high gun crit chance like Seth.

-THE MOST IMPORTANT DATES IN THE WHOLE GAME. This is for late game but it is immense. 11/13, 11/14, 11/15, 12/8, and 12/9. These are flu days. If you go in mementos, don't move so you spawn the Reaper boss. Because of the flu there is a chance you will spawn him with despair and he will die in 3 turns. If he doesn't have the despair status just escape and keep fighting him till he has it. I found out about this when there were only 2 flu days left. With 2 days I went from level 65 to level 77 in basically what was 6 total turns where I did nothing. I think if I did all of the days I would be 90.

- A lot of the confidant max links other than the ones I mentioned are useless. Main character is way stronger than everyone especially if you followed what I mentioned previously. If you want to see their stories it's fine but don't try to max confidant everyone or worry about it too much. You do want to get all your party members at least to baton pass. The last party member who joins might be harder to get for that level.

-For party members you can use pretty much anyone you want. I think Makoto is probably the one you should always use especially toward the mid-late game. She is very well all around. For early game I would suggest Morgana because healing is important at that stage. Ann, Ryu, Makoto are really strong late game. Morg does decent dmg but mainly a healer, Makoto is the only all around good character like the mc. She can heal/debuff/buff/high dmg. Haru is good because of her shields when you get her and her dmg is ok but I feel Makoto does her job better. I feel like best lineup late game is MC-Makoto-Ann-Ryu. Early game-mid I would just take MC-Morg + anyone else. Yusuke is probably the weakest member imo but he still has some uses. Morg is also good in the last few fights due to revive.

Ulio fucked around with this message at 19:36 on Mar 2, 2018

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Infinity Gaia posted:

Mate, how can you not mention Fortune, which makes getting every other Confidant about ten times easier and faster? If I was giving tips to anyone for P5 it'd be to rush Fortune as fast as humanly possible until they get the ability to get time-slot free point towards everyone else.

Edit: Also most of the hints you gave are really more "ways to break the game over your knee", to be honest...

Eh I never used her at all despite having max rank with her. You can easily get max in most of the social skills except kindness which is harder to do. You have so many months where nothing happens you can easily get max confidant without ever using her skills.

As for breaking the game. Ya maybe being overleveled breaks the game but that is the fun of a JRPG which has a fun system. You want to min max and make an unbeatable persona. But ya I do agree those hints are more helpful for harder difficulties.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

You can't feed the plant everyday. For most stats you can just gain them everyday or even more than once per day.