Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
Sup brahs. Just won with 6 cups left, no big deal. Thought I'd check on the game.

Beer Pong related posts only

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gendo
Feb 25, 2001

His place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat.
Sup, brosephs.

I am an aspiring Beer Ponger (that is someone who plays Beer Pong for the uninitiated) and I was hoping you all could give me some tips and tricks to take my game to the next level.

artard
Sep 11, 2001

Gendo posted:

Sup, brosephs.

I am an aspiring Beer Ponger (that is someone who plays Beer Pong for the uninitiated) and I was hoping you all could give me some tips and tricks to take my game to the next level.

step 1) drink a ton of beer

Dick Williams
Aug 25, 2005
yo brah it's all about the bounces

schmitty9800
Feb 10, 2003

artard posted:

step 1) drink a ton of beer

How much? Like, 64 ounces?

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Gendo posted:

Sup, brosephs.

first, pick your style

wikipedia has this

WDIIA
Jan 14, 2006

K-I-N-G, The AU City Don
I know you heard about me
And this mission I'm on
But not a R-A-T,
I'm just tryin to live on
Not in a penitentiary
I'd rather be rollin chrome

iddqdlol posted:

Bounces really are the most effective, but I'm really trying to improve my fastball technique. Any tips for me?

I mean, after several cups my control just goes to poo poo.

AlleyViper
Sep 15, 2007

Oh, there's plenty of other balls in the sea. Plus, you're not very talented.
What do I do if I don't drink? I feel so left out when all my bros are playing BP and I'm stuck in the corner drinking my Crystal Light. How can I get involved?

The broken bones
Jan 3, 2008

Out beyond winning and losing, there is a field.

I will meet you there.

iddqdlol posted:

bitches bounce, bra

ManifunkDestiny
Aug 2, 2005
THE ONLY THING BETTER THAN THE SEAHAWKS IS RUSSELL WILSON'S TAINT SWEAT

Seahawks #1 fan since 2014.
Having gone to a dry college, can someone explain the rules? I've never actually played :(

schmitty9800
Feb 10, 2003

Bounces should not be a regular shot at a beer pong table because it's too easy. We play so that you can block anything on a bounce (if you sneak a bounce past you remove two cups)

poser
Jun 9, 2002

Are they booing the power play?

I was saying Boo-urns!
30 packs of keystone is how the game begins.

r-lam
Jul 12, 2005

JAROME, EETZ ME!
only bitches blow, broseephus

Dick Williams
Aug 25, 2005

schmitty9800 posted:

Bounces should not be a regular shot at a beer pong table because it's too easy. We play so that you can block anything on a bounce (if you sneak a bounce past you remove two cups)

yeah that's pretty standard.

nba jam rules are a must (heating up and ON FIRE shoot until you miss)

bros finger bitches blow

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause

WDIIA posted:

Bounces really are the most effective, but I'm really trying to improve my fastball technique. Any tips for me?

Be taller.

iddqdlol posted:

bros finger bitches blow

this is for amateurs

also if you rack power i, then you are gay

manchego
Feb 16, 2007

MEANWHILE,
Still waiting for the day that we Beer Pog athletes will be able to step into the light again.

Rollin Thunder
Apr 3, 2007

So the great dragon was cast out, that serpent of old, called the Devil and Satan, who deceives the whole world.
Arc is the way to go. One of my fellow THUG U brosephs has a shot that is such a rainbow that it wouldn't even show up on that diagram. The best is when he hits the ceiling (once a game or more)

schmitty9800 posted:

this

WDIIA
Jan 14, 2006

K-I-N-G, The AU City Don
I know you heard about me
And this mission I'm on
But not a R-A-T,
I'm just tryin to live on
Not in a penitentiary
I'd rather be rollin chrome

poser posted:

30 packs of keystone is how the game begins.

poo poo broheim, we use Natty Light down here in the dirty dirty

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
ain't no thang but ol milwaukee chumps

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
If you spill a beer with a "fastball" - the preferred nomenclature at my broseph's house is "lazer shot" - you get a penalty.

Beer should not be spilt in the course of making a cup. :colbert:

poser
Jun 9, 2002

Are they booing the power play?

I was saying Boo-urns!

WDIIA posted:

poo poo broheim, we use Natty Light down here in the dirty dirty

When we get it on 4 realz its naughty ICE

Rollin Thunder
Apr 3, 2007

So the great dragon was cast out, that serpent of old, called the Devil and Satan, who deceives the whole world.

Obama Yo Mama posted:

also if you rack power i, then you are gay

Diamond for 4 or triangle for 3, always

The broken bones
Jan 3, 2008

Out beyond winning and losing, there is a field.

I will meet you there.

iddqdlol posted:

nba jam rules are a must (heating up and ON FIRE shoot until you miss)

you can also count shots off the ceiling as a final rebuttal if you're losing by 5 cups

i only pay 10-cup. i'm hard as gently caress

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

flip cup is better than beer pong there i said it

it's all about corners though but that game is impossible to play in confined areas

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Oh gently caress it this sucks. There's no way we can win we're missing all our shots and we're all drunk now and it'll only get worse Natty Light sucks AAHHRRARR

I'm gonna go watch some baseball by myself :colbert:

the yellow dart
Jul 19, 2004

King of rings, armlocks, hugs, and our hearts

Magnus Vermagnusson posted:

If you spill a beer with a "fastball" - the preferred nomenclature at my broseph's house is "lazer shot" - you get a penalty.

Beer should not be spilt in the course of making a cup. :colbert:

I disagree. It should count as a made cup because the other team did not put much beer in it in an attempt to not get as drunk as the other team. As this should be considered cheating, that cup should count as a made shot. If they weren't so stingy it would not have been an issue.

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007

Obama Yo Mama posted:

it's all about corners though but that game is impossible to play in confined areas

You've never actually played beer pong, have you?

Coco13
Jun 6, 2004

My advice to you is to start drinking heavily.

The broken bones posted:

you can also count shots off the ceiling as a final rebuttal if you're losing by 5 cups

6-cup is for the a-bar when you're down to the last 4 cans, and they are warm as gently caress.

Private Snowball
Jul 22, 2007

Ride the Snide

Obama Yo Mama posted:

I guess it is if you got a vag.

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007

the yellow dart posted:

I disagree. It should count as a made cup because the other team did not put much beer in it in an attempt to not get as drunk as the other team. As this should be considered cheating, that cup should count as a made shot. If they weren't so stingy it would not have been an issue.

Not true.

With the force at which most lazer/fastball shots are thrown, if the shot hits the lip of the cup at the rear of the rack, it usually is knocked over (and most of the time, onto the floor). This is an unacceptable waste of alcohol, and therefore, is punishable by a cup penalty.

The only way a cup would not be knocked over by such a shot is if the cup was filled almost to the brim with beer.

artard
Sep 11, 2001

Obama Yo Mama posted:

Flip cup isn't even in the same league as beer pong you goddamn pussy

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

Private Snowball posted:

I guess it is if you got a vag.

flip cup is like that band you like but now 16 year old girls listen to them and it pisses you off so much that you can't bring yourself to listen to them anymore.

i still pong it up like a champ, brah but a good flip cup game is the poo poo, especially when all your teammates are eliminated and you have to take on the other team by yourself, then you get wicked wasted yah

artard
Sep 11, 2001
flip cup is the kickball of drinking games

Dick Williams
Aug 25, 2005

The broken bones posted:

10 cup is the only way to play. add an everclear death cup too

manchego
Feb 16, 2007

MEANWHILE,
Make sure you guys wear proper Beer Ponging equipment, mainly Aviator sunglasses and Baseball Hats (worn backwards).

These guys bros brahs came to play.

Private Snowball
Jul 22, 2007

Ride the Snide

Obama Yo Mama posted:

flip cup is like that band you like but now 16 year old girls listen to them and it pisses you off so much that you can't bring yourself to listen to them anymore.

Nah Broheim, flip cup is what you use to get those 16 year old girls sloshed.

ManifunkDestiny
Aug 2, 2005
THE ONLY THING BETTER THAN THE SEAHAWKS IS RUSSELL WILSON'S TAINT SWEAT

Seahawks #1 fan since 2014.

manchego posted:

Make sure you guys wear proper Beer Ponging equipment, mainly Aviator sunglasses and Baseball Hats (worn backwards).

These guys came to play.

....I've never wanted to punch 2 people so badly before....

Dick Williams
Aug 25, 2005

manchego posted:

These guys bros came to play.

those brahs came to play abroham lincoln

BossTweed
Apr 9, 2001

Doctor Rope

ManifunkDestiny posted:

....I've never wanted to punch 2 people so badly before....

That's what all beer pong players look like to me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

uggy
Aug 6, 2006

Posting is SERIOUS BUSINESS
and I am completely joyless

Don't make me judge you
Keystone Ice. It sucks but you get drunk quicker.

Semi fastball shot. Not too fast, so it has just a little bit of an arc.