Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

This thread is 110 pages and I just got a ds today. I don't even know which one it is other than it has the gba slot on it (busy day at an estate sale, which is where I got the ds).

Is the super card dstwo still the flash card of choice? Is there something better? I also have a gba ezflash iv if it matters

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

So its a ds lite, I'll be ordering a super card dstwo for it.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

So I got my supercard DSTwo. Little confused though. I got it working, and when it boots to the card, the only option is to boot a file called DS_GAME, which then boots into some quasi-windows desktop, which shows my roms littered on its fake desktop.

Is there a way to boot the roms from the same screen that lets me boot DS_GAME and skip DS_Game altogether? Is there a more sensical way to do this? I'm hoping its just in the way I have my roms arranged, since I just dumped them all in the root of the SD card?

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

What flash card should I order for my yarmulke?

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Does the ezflash 3 in 1 let you play gba games with the ds's built in ability to play gba games or does it still require an emulator?

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Are there any good guides for getting your wireless access point set up in a manner that a ds can work with? Can this even be done?

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

I've been playing with dsdoom and I have it working, but I can't figure out how to choose wad files. I have both doom.wad and doom2.wad in the directory and it just auto loads doom2.wad

How do I get around this? I guess I could have two separate copies of dsdoom, each with a single wad file, but that seems counterintuitive.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Thanks, I'll do that.

Another question, are there any ds games still going strong with online play? I played some mario kart ds online last night, there are still people playing, but I got smoked bad. Not sure if I just suck, or if they were cheating.

Any other ds games still have an online community?

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

As far as I know its one of the only ones receiving regular firmware updates yet to unbreak the changes that 3ds firmware updates make to block it

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

That's still just to run homebrew/ds games on it though right?

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Dehry posted:

Cross post from 3DS thread:

http://www.gateway-3ds.com/support-for-firmware-9-0-9-2-coming/

Gateway 3DS will support 9.0-9.2 firmware soon. Do not update beyond those firmwares.

Are we past the point of needing a plain DS to work with the gateway? Or do you still need one?

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

What's the big difference between the r4i and the gateway for 3ds? The $50 price disparity suggests there should be a huge difference

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Oh, I didn't realize that. The r4i site makes it sound like it loads 3ds roms

• Locked thread