Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy
So if I get a brand new 3DS XL, does a brand new DSTWO ordered from them come with the latest compatible firmware, or am I gonna be screwed? And is the SNES emulation that bad? Mostly looking to play some RPGs like FF3 or similar on it, but I wouldn't mind replaying Mega Man X and Super Metroid too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy

Haruharuharuko posted:

Just got a SuperCard 2 in the mail today just popped the newest firmware on my 3dsxl last night and the latest firmware on the flashcart and it worked right away no problems.

I would have made the same post today if the worthless mailman who delivers to me hadn't delivered mine to the wrong place.

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy

petewhitley posted:

Is it any better than say those jailbreak GBA emulators on iOS? They run fairly well, but have some sprite issues and quite a few problems with sound.

I finally got my card (idiot mailperson had put it in the wrong box, so it was sitting in someone else's mailbox all weekend.) Fired up Metroid Fusion to test it out and it's working very well.

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy
*edit* Oh hey look there's another page.

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy

Nintendo Kid posted:

Hey if people are able to do that, it'll also mean we're getting close to creating real homebrew stuff again, even if it has to be accessed through the shell of a game or something.

I'd be pretty stoked if I could get some real SNES emulation going natively on the 3DS.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy

Saoshyant posted:

Eh, this time one can't even use the "it's more convenient to carry all my games in one card" excuse as the DS era, since you can buy the drat games digitally, retail, eShop-exclusive, or virtual console.

Yeah and then lose them all if your system breaks! It's a great system.

• Locked thread