Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Catalina
May 20, 2008

When the trailer for Star Wars: The Phantom Menace came out, someone did a parody style trailer. I can remember that in that scene where the camera pans out over the interior of Amidala's castle, someone says a comment like, "Can anyone find the furniture?" and that when obiwan Kenobi met Anakin, they dubbed it to say, "Tinky Winky, meet Lala. Uh oh!"

That was the best thing ever when I was 13, it'd be funny to find it again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Catalina
May 20, 2008

DanAdamKOF posted:

Back in 2001 or so I downloaded an obscure puzzle game for Windows called "Package". It was Japanese in origin, and freeware. It also had a really catchy background music MIDI that rivaled Tetrinet in catchiness.

It looks like this:

Feeling nostalgic, I searched high and low for it a few months ago, and only got as far as a few websites. Believe me, it is damned hard to search for a Windows program with such a generic name. It was little heard-of I'm sure, and from Japan, and old (it says it's for Windows 95 in the screenshot, so it must have already been a few years old when I downloaded it). I'm not surprised that there's almost no reference to it on the internet at all.

I actually found an archive of the site that I originally downloaded it from: link. The page says its filename is sc5scr.zip, but the link points to the correct file of package.zip. The download link doesn't work though.

And I found some bizarre anime website that is currently hosting it, that you need to pay $8/month to access its files: link, (ctrl+f for package). This lists its filename as packinst.exe, which the game extracts from.

I also found this FAQ for it: link

So, goons, do any of you have a way I can play this game again, or is it doomed to be held for ransom forever by some weird, creepy anime website that was designed in 1998?

Found it at http://www.enterbrain.co.jp/gamecon/a_con2.html Control +F for "package", and click the pink box underneath.

Catalina fucked around with this message at 04:38 on Dec 5, 2008

Catalina
May 20, 2008

DanAdamKOF posted:

Woah! How'd you unearth this?

I put a search in google for package.exe ゲーム Windows95 The name of the file and file size and the fact that it was a Windows 95 game helped me figure out where it was. :)

ゲーム means game.

• Locked thread