Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Canuck-Errant
Oct 28, 2003

MOOD: BURNING - MUSIC: DISCO INFERNO BY THE TRAMMPS
Grimey Drawer

Gatekeeper posted:

A few years back, there was that whole goofy Japan Break Industries thing, where that Japanese demolition company had a #1 hit single with their jingle. The song was pretty ridiculous, "building cannot take it for very much more, pieces of concrete are hitting the floor, these are the things that get in the way of world peace, break out!" I haven't had much luck finding that theme song since then, but the thing I'm really looking for is the flash video game they made too where you knock over a house, an apartment building, and then a big office building (I think.) It was a stupid game, but the whole premise was so hilarious. I can't find this game anywhere and I've always wanted to play it again.

You mean http://dagobah.biz/flash/Steel_Ball.swf ?

Instructions in English are at http://dagobah.biz/flash/Steel_Ball.swf/comments.

Finding the flash with the song was the easy part; just search "Japan Break Industries". The flash game took a little more digging to find an active copy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Canuck-Errant
Oct 28, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Man_Sauce posted:

I got a fairly easy one

1) There was a thread probably in the middle of '08 called 'Val's Open Late' or something to that degree that linked to this bizarre website sort of like http://www.yyyyyyy.info/

I can't find the thread or remember the url!

Was it perhaps a website about prom dresses and the like? With a horribly hand-drawn map?

Canuck-Errant
Oct 28, 2003

Grimey Drawer
I guess this is sort of pre-Internet, but...

I used to have a CD called "Family Fun", which was really just a collection of programs and funny quotes amassed from Usenet. One of the programs on there was essentially a customizable headline generator, with an editable text file it used to generate headlines from the commandline.

Something like:

[CELEBNAME] seen in [LOCATION] with [CELEBNAME]

would turn into:

Michael Jackson seen in café with Oscar Meyer

Only more creative.

There's also a program I remember called BABBLE, which would randomly generate gibberish text - also in MS-DOS. I only had the 'unregistered' shareware version, which had a few generator files but promised more after registration.

If anyone could find me the former, or a full version of the latter, I'd appreciate it.

Canuck-Errant
Oct 28, 2003

Grimey Drawer
I'm looking for the old Terrible Erotica thread, where recordings were made of a story that started with "Sees you across the room..." in a Grouch-like and an Ash Ketchum voice, among others.

Canuck-Errant
Oct 28, 2003

Grimey Drawer

little wing posted:

Thank you so much! This is it! There goes my evening!

...that just reminded me; I got the full version as thanks for beta testing it. :q:

• Locked thread