Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

I'm weary about the Friday the 13th remake... I was very pissed when I heard they were going to remake it. Then, I was even more pissed that Michael Bay was remaking it. Then, I saw the trailer and saw that Jason sprinted, and that made me even more pissed.

But now, its growing on me, and I'm intrigued as to what they are going to use for the back story as to how Jason died, his mother, and how he has a (80s) mask already, since the mask from the :sigh: old series :sigh: was a legit mask from the time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

InfiniteZero posted:

As others have said, you know that he runs around in the original films too, right? It's also implied that he can move inhumanly fast because of the way somebody will see him in the distance and then he's standing two feet away from them (although I will admit I prefer when we're left wondering how the gently caress he moved so fast).

I don't think he sprinted though. He jogged, and shuffled.

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

Slasherfan posted:

I'm going to try get through Friday The 13th 1-11 between now and next Friday.

I tried a marathon a couple years ago when there was a Friday the 13th in October. I made it through the 5th movie before passing out.

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

Slasherfan posted:

This seems interesting.

http://shocktillyoudrop.com/news/topnews.php?id=11414

Now all we need is a cinema that sprays a bit of water at you.

This sounds like what the Honey I Shrunk The Kids! ride was like. Also some show at Animal Kingdom.

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

I just heard about Scream 4 today and wanted to come post about it, but after skimming this thread I see that slasherfan knew about it already. I'm kind of excited to see what they do with the series now.

Also, I feel at home in this thread, seeing the references to Friday the 13th and how much people like it. :3:

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

Oh, the other reason I made my post. I finally got around to seeing the remake of The Last House on the Left. Besides me sitting throughout the movie trying to figure out where I had seen all of the actors and actresses in the movie, I really enjoyed it. It was so awesome that after the kitchen scene, the girl I saw it with, who doesn't like horror movies too much, even said "Sweet."

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

So, what does everyone think about the Wolfman movie that is coming out in the next couple weeks? It actually looks like it will be a good movie.

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

What's awesome is that I recognize a few of the actors from Friday the 13th (the 2009 one) and Freddy vs Jason.

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

Harminoff posted:

Hey guys! I have a netflix account and an xbox360. I'm looking to watch a horror movie tonight, and would like to get some recommendations. List off a few, and I'll give one a go. As well as right a small review afterwords. No Troma movies though, unless it's really something special. Thanks internet friends!

I just found out that Dead Snow is on there.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3263908 is a thread of recommendations that are Instant.

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

drat it, as much as I was against the remake of Friday the 13th... after seeing it, I want them to make more. I'm kind of sad now.

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

Boinks posted:

Right but I heard rumours that there was finally talk about having it in a winter setting. Something that has been on the top of my 'Jason want list' since they finally made FvJ.

I wouldn't mind seeing more of the 2nd half of Jason Takes Manhattan. Jason hamming it up in an urban setting.

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

Slasherfan posted:

I just added A New Beginning after Final Destination 5 as a joke, that's not the real title.

Aww, I was so excited that it was going to be that. You ruined my day. :smith:

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

Blast Fantasto posted:

What kind of person thinks FvJ is hilarious but hates Jason X?!? You are an enigma, sir.

Jason X was like an episode of Andromeda with special guest Jason Voorhees.

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

InfiniteZero posted:

Oh and yes, I know all about the Matthew McConaughey TCM film from the 90s, but nobody actually saw it anyway and I don't even count that one.

Unfortunately, I saw it when it was first released on VHS. What is unfortunate about it, is that I never saw any other ones before this one, so it has screwed up my perception of the series. I have seen the movies in weird order. Next Generation, then TCM 2, then TCM 3, then the remake of the original, then TCM: The Beginning.

:psyduck:

And yes, the perfect comparison for HoTC and Devils Reject's is Leatherface and his family.

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

ClydeUmney posted:

So you've never seen the original itself?

Nope. I know, I know.

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

InfiniteZero posted:

Horror fans shouldn't forget that today is not only FRIDAY THE 13TH, but it's also Alfred Hitchcock's birthday. Be sure to spend tonight watching some mayhem at Cystal Lake and then follow it up with some Hitchcock.

I already planned on a marathon of F13 tonight, and I'm even wearing this shirt today to commemorate the date:

Click here for the full 621x480 image.

Best day of the year.

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

Slasherfan posted:

Buried was very good, surpised how good it was considering the plot.
8/10

This was the one that was Ryan Reynolds buried alive, right?

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

I was super excited to hear about Scream 4. Then I saw the trailer, and went "ehh." I'm really disappointed now.

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

I finally saw Human Centipede last night, and it wasn't as gross as I've heard it made out to be. However, there was a movie trailer beforehand that looked interesting. Has anybody seen Doghouse? If so, what are your thoughts?

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

eckoelab posted:

I just finished watching this move called Exam on Netflix Instant. I felt that, while not horror per say, it does capture a slightly sci-fi, psychological thriller/drama much in the same way Cube did, without the traps.

I saw the trailer for it before Human Centipede, and I was really excited to see it. It was a great movie, but the ending wasn't great as I was hoping for.

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

XIII posted:

This is basically my exact sentiments about it as well. I was really liking it right up until the big reveal, which, while not bad, could have just been better. I'd still recommend it.

It was a great movie that made you think, and I had several situations laid out in my head to the plot points and and about the exam, etc. But no, it was too simple and not as extravagant as I was hoping for. Needless to say, anything I "called" wasn't right.

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

BrandNew posted:

And heres a new Scream 4 trailer. http://www.ign.com/videos/2011/01/24/scream-4-trailer-2
Not really anything spectacular but my love of the first Scream will make me see it anyways.

99% sure I've already seen that trailer.

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

I saw the previews for Apollo 18 this weekend. I just read the last ~600 posts and didn't see it mentioned. Did I completely miss it, or has nothing been posted on here about it?

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

Behind the Mask: The Rise of Leslie Vernon, I believe.

It was really good, and smart.

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

weekly font posted:

Netflix is awesome for finding hidden gems. It's also awesome for finding movies that are the biggest pieces of poo poo ever. Return to Sleepaway Camp might just be my least favorite movie of all time - no hyperbole.

I wouldn't have found Redneck Zombies and Hood of the Living Dead without it.

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

TheBigBudgetSequel posted:

I am gonna gauge some interest. I am thinking of doing a retrospective look at the Nightmare series (every single entry, even Vs. Jason and the Remake) for the forums. It would be similar to what I did in the Harry Potter thread before the new movie came out, only a bit more in depth. Would people be interested in that kind of a thread?

Absolutely.

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

So, I just got recommended Two Evil Eyes (I think that's what it was called) by my girlfriend's co-worker who is also into horror movies. We IMDB'd the movie, and saw that it was from Romero and Argento. Should I go in expecting an something along the lines of Last House on the Left, or just campy fun like in Dead Alive?

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

Having just caught up on the thread since January, there are so many posts this year about Friday the 13th that I wanted to weigh in on. I know entirely too much about the series. :smith:

Hockles fucked around with this message at 18:49 on Nov 3, 2013

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

Xandoom posted:

What are the best blood and guts Satan worshipping devil cult movies?

Are you a reverse recommendation bot?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

Slasherfan posted:

You guys think we will get a decent slasher film any time soon? I've already written off the next Friday The 13th.

I keep seeing a new one being brought up. Are there any decent articles out about what its going to be?