Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Orunitier
Dec 5, 2010
The movie was pretty bad, but the rock aliens were the one thing I really liked about the movie. And considering the environment, it made sense to me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orunitier
Dec 5, 2010

TUS posted:

The third Poltergeist really... REALLY bothered me when I was growing up. I haven't seen it in a while, so I can't pinpoint why, but I just remember being really freaked out after watching it, and I was able to handle a lot as a little kid.

The whole movie took place in a high-rise with mirrors everywhere, and people's reflections became dopplegangers and kill them or pull them into the mirror, I think. But yeah, it was kinda creepy.

Orunitier
Dec 5, 2010
Halloween
Creepshow
Poltergeist
The Ring (remake)
Fright Night
Army of Darkness
Night of the Comet
Dark Night of the Scarecrow
Dr. Phibes
Tales from the Crypt
Scream
Trilogy of Terror 2
The Faculty
Ginger Snaps
Lost Boys
Insidious
Final Destination
Ghoulies

There are so many movies...

Orunitier
Dec 5, 2010
Let Me In wasn't bad, but I had already watched that movie once before when it was called Let the Right One In. The only changes I didn't mind were the cat scene and scene with the kid's dad drinking with his friend.

E: Oh, and Ted the Caver is a movie now. http://www.dreadcentral.com/news/48400/afm-2011-first-details-and-sales-art-living-dark-story-ted-caver

Orunitier
Dec 5, 2010

Drunkboxer posted:

Was all that crap about their dead father in the original story or internet thing?

edit: also it'g going to draw a lot of comparisons to Descent.

In the original story there wasn't anything about the guy's father.

Orunitier
Dec 5, 2010
It wasn't excessive at all. It was on the same level of Tales From the Crypt.

Orunitier
Dec 5, 2010
Rue Morgue is great, especially the double sized anniversary issues at Halloween.

Orunitier
Dec 5, 2010

President Anime 2008 posted:

Urgh, I watched Woman in Black last night. I was pretty bored.

I'm on a bit of a horror movie kick these past few days, and I've got Lake Mungo

Good luck with that.

Orunitier
Dec 5, 2010
Don't worry, I hated it too.

Orunitier
Dec 5, 2010
It's turning into TV IV in here.

Orunitier
Dec 5, 2010
*edit* nvm

Orunitier fucked around with this message at 22:31 on Mar 11, 2013

Orunitier
Dec 5, 2010

DeimosRising posted:

Has anyone seen any of the filmed adaptations of The Yellow Wallpaper?

The Yellow Wallpaper (2012) is terrible. It's boring and uninspired. How you can take one of greatest pieces of feminist literature and make it all about the dull husband is beyond me. The only thing enjoyable about it was Juliet Landau and five minutes of Veronica Cartwright.

Orunitier
Dec 5, 2010

Sweeney Tom posted:

Karen Black just died.

Paying my respects by re-watching Devil's Rejects tomorrow in her memory. No matter what anybody says about that movie, or Rob Zombie's film career, that was a hell of a last scene.

Karen Black wasn't in that movie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orunitier
Dec 5, 2010
Is Memories of a Murder available for streaming anywhere?