Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Just watched Buried because of this thread, gotta say it is so good. I didn't feel like the theme was too overbearing. Perfect ending.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

ProfessorClumsy posted:

I find it alarming that people could see it as anything other than a black comedy. And a drat good one at that.

I was laughing through the whole movie almost. Especially near the beginning during the call to that woman. I would act the exact same way and he HAD to call her back.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Anybody seen The Ward?

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Its called retconning and the reason why he never mentioned killing someone to take this life is because obviously it didn't work and they all ended up dead anyway.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

OldTennisCourt posted:

I was curious, it seems like most of the members here hate the Paranormal Activity films, do you think that it's solely based on the quality of the films or on the way they were hyped? I personally really really dislike the first movie but that was mainly because the hype for it was so insane "THE SCARIEST MOVIE EVER MADE" "HORRIFYING IN A NEW AND SHOCKING WAY" that when I finally saw it I was stuck with a ton of boring rear end scenes of nothing, a total rear end in a top hat boyfriend character and a some jump scares.

Mostly, to me, I hate it because its one of those horror movies that require me to completely shut my brain off but is too dumb for me to do that. I can see why the mainstream likes it though.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

It looked so interesting until that trailer. Eh, spoilers don't really bother me mostly, i'd still go see it.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Just saw Poltergeist for the first time on TV.

:stare: I've been missing out. Are the sequels worth it just for enjoyment? I know they're supposed to be bad from what I hear.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

I had no idea they changed the ending to Zombie's Halloween 2 on the DVD and somehow managed to make it even worse.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

House of the Devil is a great slow, slow build. If you don't like those types I can see why you don't like the movie.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Watched Cabin Fever yesterday because I was bored. hadn't seen it since I was young. Is it supposed to be some kind of horrible satire of horror movies? Or did they really expect us to take it seriously? It is also the least scary movie i've ever seen. It might also be the dumbest movie i've ever seen.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Ah ok wanted to make sure the whole thing was supposed to be funny or just certain parts. Makes more sense now.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Is antichrist any good?

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Dissapointed Owl posted:

As an isolated clip, maybe. But in the context of the movie where you've been hinted at as to what Mike standing in the corner means, the original ending is infinitely creepier.

Haven't seen the movie in years what does that means again?

Mr Wind Up Bird posted:

James Stokoe did a fan movie poster for V/H/S

What the gently caress I need to see this. Oct too far away.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Ape Agitator posted:

Prefacing that I think the movie can be whatever it wants to be regardless of the book, I think the visuals are a strong choice for World War Z. Going from shamblers to 28 Days runners to a literal flood pretty much instantly changes the mindset. You don't entertain goonsay "shoot them in the head" and the eventual dispassionate calm that really was nailed in Night of the Living Dead.

I agree.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ePkcsSvnu0I

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

It sounds too cool to not see.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

I saw all the 3 minute+ trailers on TV and it started to irritate me. I just assumed it was another lovely paranormal activity and ignored it. Guess I know what i'm seeing next.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

I have finally seen Halloween III: Season of the Witch.

What an unbelievable piece of poo poo. The first two are so cinematic and creepy and about Michael Myers.

Then this movie is about a crazy toy maker who steals Stonehenge so he can manufacture robot businessman so he can turn children into piles of bugs and snakes.

And the soundtrack is carnival calliope music.

Jesus Christ, what did I just watch?

Something really awesome.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Drag me to hell and cabin fever have been ripped on the past few years by a lot of critics. I never even knew people thought that were "good". They're good in that watch a cheesy random horror movie way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Not even done watching the Neon Demon but I might as well be as its so predictable. This has to be one of these worst movies I've seen in awhile and I have s big tolerance for bad. All style no substance and the style is pretty played out by now. Nothing new is being offered. Just shock scenes that aren't shocking. The main character just looks pretty through out. She suddenly just blows off her friend out the blue for no reason and the movie wants me to take that seriously? God it's just so dumb. The Black Swan did everything this movie wanted to do and more. Drive really was a happy accident for this guy.