Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Digital_Jesus
Feb 10, 2011

Crosspostin' from the mustang thread cause I bought one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Digital_Jesus
Feb 10, 2011

GnarlyCharlie4u posted:

That ring and that shoe touching the paint are giving me serious anxiety. :ohdear:
Then again, so is that Kate Spade on the ground. :gay:

I was about to say.. is she wearing rings while touching your car? Sever.

davebo posted:

Does your gf not complain about having to get in and out of such a low car? Or is that just something women who need to exercise more complain about?

Mine never complains about it. Only old people and fatties have issues with low height vehicles (barring some kind of legit medical issue I guess).

Digital_Jesus
Feb 10, 2011

Guess I"ll follow up the tail end of the mustang posting. New car time is always so exciting!

E: Cage we gotta find an excuse to go park our poo poo somewhere and be shiny side by side.

Digital_Jesus
Feb 10, 2011

BigPaddy posted:

Picked this up last Friday just in time for America Freedom Day Delux

And no it isn't a Hellcat.

Your shifter looks broken.

Digital_Jesus
Feb 10, 2011

New tires best tires.

E: I already mowed the lawn shut up.

Digital_Jesus fucked around with this message at 00:29 on May 20, 2018

Digital_Jesus
Feb 10, 2011

Detail Day :homebrew:

Digital_Jesus
Feb 10, 2011

um excuse me posted:

Besides the first generation, this is the best looking mustang

Correct.

After selling my '16 and going to my Jeep only since I felt having a summer car was stupid with motorcycles fighting for seat time, this year I got itchin for a car again and decided to throw caution to the wind and remove the Jeep from the garage, the stang is now my DD, and come winter it's gonna get steelies and snow tires and I'm gonna have a hoot :getin:

Digital_Jesus
Feb 10, 2011

Clean up the paint a bit and wrap it close to the same color!

Digital_Jesus
Feb 10, 2011

xpost for new ride:

Digital_Jesus
Feb 10, 2011

angryrobots posted:

Oh man I love that color too. I keep looking at new mustangs and you are NOT HELPING.

Hi yes unfortunately that color combination is not available but after an extended period of getting 9MPG driving this today I can, in fact, confirm it makes dope rear end vroom vroom noises and holy poo poo an 8200rpm redline in a mustang is the most nutters poo poo and I love it.

E: You should definitely buy a Mustang. GT350 preferred but a 5.0 PP2 would also be acceptable.

Digital_Jesus
Feb 10, 2011

Dassa good red.

Digital_Jesus
Feb 10, 2011

Car wrapped in PPF and ceramic coated.

Digital_Jesus
Feb 10, 2011

Oh I just meant its not a current model color. They only did the gray for the first year I think?

Digital_Jesus
Feb 10, 2011

The end of nice weather season is rapidly approaching. Got a chance to put some miles on and hit the nature preserve this weekend.

Digital_Jesus
Feb 10, 2011

Same. Ford has made sure my life is tire hell with the wonderful world of 295/35/19 fronts and 305/35/19 rears :argh:

Digital_Jesus
Feb 10, 2011

Weather finally broke, tires are fresh and new, and its pollen season so lol @ doing anything other than giving it a quick rinse off before saturday morning coffee.

Warm and overcast. Perfect day down by the water for a drive.

Digital_Jesus
Feb 10, 2011

Nice weather has arrived. Car time.

Digital_Jesus
Feb 10, 2011

Crossposting because I did something stupid.

Digital_Jesus
Feb 10, 2011

Frozen Pizza Party posted:

Sounds like fun, congrats! Also 7 speed manual, that includes reverse, can't say I've ever seen a flex like that.

Its a six speed with reverse and a low-speed crawler gear for offroading. They arent counting reverse

Digital_Jesus
Feb 10, 2011

I appear to keep doing stupid things.

Digital_Jesus
Feb 10, 2011

Mr-Spain posted:

That color is fantastic.

Thanks. It looks a lot better all prettied up under nice lighting.

adaz posted:

You have my bronco (well the wrong color ;))

manual is a great choice, the crawl gear is cheat mode

Definitely jealous of the lack of cyber orange or some alternative yellow for 2023 however. Excellent color.

Digital_Jesus
Feb 10, 2011

Coming from 10 years of driving Wrangler JKs (Sport, two Willy's, and a Rubicon) and having swapped over to Bronco ownership.

MrYenko posted:

I’ve driven a couple JK and JLs, including rubicons, diesels, autos, and manuals of several variations.

They’re all loving terrible. I’ve been in brand new $70,000 hardtop rubicons where you can see light through the fuckin door seals when the doors are closed. They can be optioned to be reasonably capable off-road, but they are like 90% a lifestyle statement rather than

They are comical trash, and are purely a cash grab for Chrysler. It remains to be seen if the Bronco shocks them into producing a vehicle that deserves to be sold in the twenty first century.

This is pretty accurate. They're poorly constructed and a lot of that is hidden behind "Its a Jeep thing, you wouldn't understand." The wrangler line really has had little innovation over the last two models, and while the JLs tarted up the interior a bit, mostly the vehicle has gone completely unchallenged and uninspired.

The Bronco interior alone is such a massive functional upgrade if you actually want to use your vehicle for going off pavement. While the inside looks "cheap" being like 80% vinyl, functionally its great. The buttons are large and all sealed up, the materials feel sturdy even if they don't look "premium" and its way more comfortable to sit in for longer periods of time than any of my Wranglers. If anything even with the whole drat thing being a giant vinyl panel, the biggest impression I took away from my first trip in a Bronco was that the interior felt sturdy as poo poo and like it wasn't going to get ruined by the first rainstorm it encountered.

It drives better on pavement, most of what you'd want to do to it is all factory option-able, the larger v6 engine gets about the same gas mileage as a Rubicon despite having better power and moving a heavier vehicle, and the 10sp auto is a pretty nicely done transmission.

Jeeps aren't that great and they have a massive lifestyle attachment to them that has turned them into a trendy instagram SUV rather than a functional piece of automotive kit.

E: That being said Ford bungled the Bronco launch in such a spectacular fashion and still have gremlins and other things to work out on the platform even coming into their 3rd year of "production" so... I don't think Jeep feels particularly threatened yet.

Digital_Jesus fucked around with this message at 23:21 on Jan 11, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Digital_Jesus
Feb 10, 2011

Nice weather has arrived and detailing has been completed. Ready for summer.