Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Fucknag posted:

I hear Florida's nice. :unsmigghh:

Compared to...... ?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

anonumos posted:

A little over a year and a half ago I bought a 2010 Hyundai Elantra Blue with 24k miles on it. I was suitably impressed, though it was an older car.

In early 2012 you bought a MY2010 car. That's pretty much a new car, not an older car, man. My newest car is a 2005, and that's still a pretty new car.

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

BlackMK4 posted:

That's almost, if not, a ten year old car - definitely not pretty new. It's 2014 (pretty much), dude.

I may also be in denial that 2005 was so long ago, and that I'm getting old.

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
I have a slight oil leak (not quite to the point of "never have to do an oil change, just top it off regularly" but I do occasionally have to add half a quart or so between changes. I know where the leak is now and it's getting fixed as soon as it's warmer/I suck it up and pay someone else to do it while it's cold) and just had my vehicle in the shop for exhaust work the other day and the manager of the shop and I walked under it after he got it in the air so I could show him what I wanted done and he happened to walk under just in time to take a drip of oil to the bridge of his nose.

Kind of embarrassing.

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Trans Ferdinand posted:

Except for the spoiler, I love everything about that. Some seriously lustworthy cars on this page :)

I get a sneaky suspicion that that spoiler is entirely functional and hating it means you don't quite understand it.

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
$30 and problem solved http://www.zetaproducts.net/rear-bumper-protector-fits-2009---2013-nissan-maxima.aspx on the bumper

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
I'd rather see it in my driveway personally. I need to squash down some of my debt so I can afford a pretty car like that.

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

travisray2004 posted:

Nice Forte.
I didn't even know you could still get the old style NY plates.

He probably kept them from his old car, you can transfer plates

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
I'll give you $400 :v:

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Rhyno posted:

It was smoked in.

Yeah, you keep it...

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Rhyno posted:

A friend just reached out to me on FB asking how much I actually want to keep the Civic. The seller and I have not really publicized the price we agreed on. This other friend offered $500 as is. Take the beer money or save the gas money?

I'd keep it, personally. For $350 it won't take you long to recoup the money you've put into it via fuel savings if you have a decent commute.

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Rhyno posted:

I'm looking at CL and Civic coupes in way worse shape are demanding higher prices. Way higher.

Yeah, that's easily a $2-4k car here.

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Imperador do Brasil posted:

Spring has sprung in central PA and trees are jizzing and making GBS threads all over everything.

Apparently my neighborhood is full of albatross based on the bird poo poo I've gotten all over my car in the last 24 hours. I need to break out the hose tomorrow morning, badly.

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
I don't actually know what that is, and the lack of badges disappoints me.

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Sounds fun. What kind of fuel economy?

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

DILLIGAF posted:

I just bought this, but don't have enough hair on my head to grow a mullet.
Please, like that's ever stopped anyone before.

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

veedubfreak posted:

This post makes no sense to me. How is a 350hp rwd Genesis slower than a Cobalt?

Probably ButtDyno

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

veedubfreak posted:

Ya, but replacing a totalled 500 dollar car is at least doable compared to having to eat 4-5k or more if some dipshit with no insurance hits you just to save a couple hundred a year. My mom was talking about dropping collision on her 07 Dodge Ram, I had to remind her that the bulk of insurance is the liability and not the extras. People just aren't rational sometimes.

A couple hundred? Man, I wish that was true. I have a 15 year old Jeep that costs about $200/6mo for just liability. If I wanted to add comprehensive and collision with $1k deductibles (I bought it for like $2500, so not really worth it regardless) it would raise the insurance cost to about $700/6mo, or a $1k/yr increase, with Progressive.

My going-on-ten-year-old Toyota has full coverage with $250 deductibles for like $320/6mo. My bike is like $80/yr for liability only, to add comp/coll it would be about $1700/yr. Maybe I just apparently don't "get" insurance.

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

He made a typo

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
I haven't seen a Beretta on the road here in the rust belt since... goddamn, must be 2000 at the latest

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Motronic posted:

Too bad it's not a diesel, because a smoke tune and stacks would go perfect with that vinyl and those wheels.

Harsh

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
I don't know, I still don't like how long the front end looks in front of the A-pillar

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Powershift posted:

So do you just go places that have speedbumps?

I don't think I've seen a speed bump in years. Though the roads in the city may qualify on their own.

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

szidev posted:

Lucky. My neighborhood is full of tabletop speedbumps. They're tall/wide/steep enough that if I hit them going >20, my stock-height Volvo 240 will bottom out.

I live in the ghetto. We don't have speed bumps, just groups of people you basically have to dodge around because they hang out in the street and don't move for anyone.

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Chriskory posted:

Some cars must die, so that other cars may live.

You're doing the right thing giving up the BRZ for that sweet rear end Civic hatch.

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

veedubfreak posted:

The best part about CO is watching all the idiots with AWD ditch their suv come the first inch of snow because they think AWD means "continue to drive like an rear end in a top hat on slick roads". People in CO are lovely drivers. I blame all the people from Texas, Cali and Florida moving here.

Just wait until they turn it into California Junior all the way around. Enjoy your CARB!

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

NOTinuyasha posted:

To the left, my first car, '86 Nissan Sentra hatchback, still being passed around the family for some reason, and to the right, six years later, my '14 Charger.

I'd drive that Sentra any day.

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
So in five months you gave it the "16 year old with a VW Golf" suspension treatment and.... ?

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

UnkleBoB posted:

I picked up this '92 Miata this weekend. 125k on it, almost all stock. Been a fun few days.

Get some Ronal Teddy Bears for it

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Cage posted:

You should PlastiDip those rivets neon pink

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

triple clutcher posted:

oh, I thought you said 'salted up rides'.

RIP

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Friar Zucchini posted:

The question is not "But what the hell are you going to use it for?" - the question is "What CAN'T I use it for?"

:911:

Winning fuel efficiency contests?

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Hang it from the holes on the bottom of the pushbar

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
5 door Civic mmmmmm.

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Is that an actual spoiler, as in a thing on top of the trunk, or a molded trunk lid?

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Bape Culture posted:

OEM M3 CSL bits. It's a whole trunk made of a pretty rigid composite.

Neat. Sorry, I don't know much about BMWs, so I had to ask when I didn't see an obvious seam.

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Do they hunger for head gaskets still?

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Hansolio posted:

I always thought using "clicker" instead of remote was Pittsburghese.

No, they say clicker a lot of places

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Comrade Flynn posted:

Yes.

Here's my wife and I picking it up:

It's so tiny

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Super Aggro Crag posted:

I mighta missed it but do you DD that thing!?

Well it's his wife, I doubt he has anything on the side he'd admit to publicly.