Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

NitroSpazzz posted:

Yesterday I flew to Connecticut to look at a car. It was better than expected and is now settled in the garage awaiting a full detail after a 800 mile road trip and a quick wash. Sorry for the lovely cell phone shot after a quick wash, better pictures once it's really clean.

1988 BMW M3 with 80k miles. One previous owner, all original everything. It's amazing and I can't stop smiling.

gently caress youuuuuuuuuuuuuuu.

When I win the lottery I'll have an E30 M3 in my garage of many fancy cars.

I can't believe they've appreciated so much. I could've bought a similar one in about 2006 or 7 for like $15k.

Awesome ride man, add another mark in the "jealous as hell" column.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Previa_fun posted:

Guy on the left (stage left) needs to practice his backing skills.

Guy stage right needs to practice his forwarding skills.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

-A n i m 8- posted:

Got an '08 G37s with 35k miles. Did minor work on it like body/suspension stuff since I got it.

That angle/pic looks drat good and I really really don't like that car normally.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Hibernating WRX to avoid New Jersey drivers in the snow.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Have some lovely pictures of my new car. 2013 Fiat 500 Abarth.

I have the red side panel Abarth decals on order, hopefully they'll be in and on the car by the end of the week.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

:ghost: Ghost postin'. :ghost:

Edit: I may have hosed this up.

Yes, I am a retard.

Content: My Abarth changed color, got bigger shoes, stripes, and a roof.

Shrapnig fucked around with this message at 20:29 on Aug 4, 2014

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

El Jebus posted:

How do you like it? The auto program at my school has one to work on and I really like it except when I am seated comfortably the roof goes too far forward and blocks my view of most street lights if I am in front.

I had a cabrio before I picked that one up(today) and I've had the same experience as you but it's not really that big of an issue for me. The seating position definitely takes some getting used to.

Going from a cabrio to a hatch has made a huge difference in rear visibility, I actually have a functional rear window now which is nice.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

DJ Commie posted:

What grille is that?

Looks like a Daewoo grille.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Slow and Serious posted:

I bought this as a college grad present for myself 4 months ago. My dream car is this family sedan!

Here are some pics my friend took the other day.

I love the Evo but holy gently caress that grille is bad.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Banano posted:

Picked up Bella on the weekend:

Oh my.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Hocus Pocus posted:

Dope whip. Does anyone know, off the top of their head, what the first car with a heads up display was? My mum was showing me her 2015 BMW 3 on the weekend, and that has a HUD, which was the first I'd ever seen in a sedan. Maybe I just haven't been paying attention in friend's cars? :shrug:

Literally one second in Google...

In the 1970s, the HUD was introduced to commercial aviation, and in 1988, the Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme became the first production car with a head-up display.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Awwwww yissssssssssss.

In other news...

I can almost hear it rusting.

lovely phone pics etc.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

I did a thing.

'15 STI, I'm in love.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Bovril Delight posted:

Noice. Abarth wasn't doing it anymore?

The driving position was literally crippling me.

12 mile/20 minute drive to work and by the time I got there my right leg would be almost numb. Nothing I did with the seat helped so I crawled back into a(305 horsepower) Subaru.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

meatpimp posted:

Just take one from the Jeep guys and call it a porch.

I think the BMW guys call them diving boards.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

I really don't like Corvette styling but that's a drat pretty and angry looking car.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

MortLansky posted:

Pretty atrocious phone quality pic, but I like getting shots of my comparatively beater M5 next to all the new german metal I share parking lots with.

E28 :circlefap:

It looks so tiny compared to those newer cars and goddamn that's rare as poo poo.

How'd you end up with it?

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

superscumbag posted:

I kind of bought a new car, just can't have it until the end of 2017. If I'm lucky.

Probably more like 2019 and I hope you weren't counting on that rebate.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

That image didn't break any tables though?

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

blk96gt posted:

Post your kid's ride:

Kiddo said he wanted a green Mustang like mine for his birthday, so I found a blue one and painted it to match. I'm a huge dork.

This is awesome.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

net work error posted:

My first cool car that I got a little over two weeks ago. Here it is after its first wash at a friends place.

One of us, one of us.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

NitroSpazzz posted:

Another project has entered my life, there will be a project thread when I get the motivation to write and OP and take pictures of everything included.

1988 M3 race prepped chassis

:henget:

Oh boy.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

~*Insurance Chat*~

$110 a month in New Jersey(old pic, ignore inspection stickers) for my four door family sedan.

My rate actually went down $30 per month when it renewed in the spring which was nice.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

No. 6 posted:

It's been great except for a rattle in the driver seat and a defective windshield which cracked 3 days in.

MOPAR!

I'm so glad I got rid of my Abarth after a year, that thing was a loving turd.

I do really like that color though.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

PCOS Bill posted:

The Flex looks 30' long regardless of how long it actually is.

It's an incredibly bad looking car.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Preoptopus posted:

Hey I can finally play in this thread.

'00 323 with 68k on the clock. Grabbed it from a dealer that had it as a trade in before they put money into it. 4500 out the door.

An E46 with 68k is cheaper than trying to buy an E30 with 168k.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

BlackMK4 posted:

That they are. The M54B30 is a great swap into them since they make more or less S52 power but are aluminum blocks.
Shouldn't have sold my E30.

I DONATED my E30 after it started puking brake fluid.

My dash was totally perfect, no cracks. These days I might be able to get a grand just for that.

It was a car I spent $3k on and drove for three years so I can't really be that upset but I do kind of miss it.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Ouhei posted:

Finally got my STI sitting how I wanted and took real pictures of it:

STI 05/14/17 02 by Alex Boyd, on Flickr

This looks really good but I'm pretty sure that ride height would destroy my internal organs trying to drive it on NJ roads.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

MPG chat I get 20 at best in my STI but I don't care because I didn't buy the car for fuel economy.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Imperador do Brasil posted:

The title for the FXT finally came from New Jersey so I was able to register it this morning. Plate is less relevant on a Japanese car, but it's from one of my favorite movies so :dealwithit:

Snatch?

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

DropShadow posted:

It's on air. That's fully aired out.

I love your car when it's fully erect and hate it when it's flaccid.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Darchangel posted:

Oh, God, that's so adorable.
It's like a 1/24 scale car in a 1/18 scale world.

Why can't it just be a 3/4 scale car or something?

You didn't have to go turbo nerd.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

That house is horrific.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Terrible Robot posted:

So was your loving post.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=syV2LkGpQB0

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Hirethor posted:

This is not a drill. Repeat, this is not a drill. (aka: Holy poo poo what have I done?)

I bought this 10 days ago when I found it listed for significantly less than the next one with similar features and basically decided that I couldn't let the opportunity pass to finally own a sweet car (which has been a life-long dream). A 2016 Jaguar F-Type S with AWD and 20,000km on it. And yes, it's my daily driver:

(Picture from Day 4 of ownership)

It's actually the 1st car I've ever bought, as my 2005 Ford Taurus was a gift.

That's a great looking car.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

This is a car, can confirm.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

That car is cool as heck.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Jymmybob posted:

Traded the Jeep GC SRT in for something a bit classier.

In full rear seat luxury mode

Passenger seat's filled with crap from the Jeep

It's an 07 LS460 with all the fun stuff like the Mark Levinson stereo and power reclining rear seats that have barely ever been used. There was still plastic protection film on the metal parts in the back like the door sills. That's after 104k miles and it looks and drives like new so it was impossible to pass up for just $15000. There's a couple minor issues like a stuck ashtray door and the lumbar gears are toast in the driver's seat but the OEM manufacturer sends replacement gear kits out for free and mine are in the mail already after emailing them today. Car's great.

You spent $15k on a 12 year old McMansion spec Toyota with 104k miles on it to replace a 475HP Jeep. You may have reached AI Singularity.

Do you at least still have the Porsches?

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Bape Culture posted:

The twingo is cute as hell I love it.

My wife wants a new Jimny and I think I’m going to steal it.

Jimmy is the name of the man.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Rhyno posted:

There's a lot of them for sale locally and holy poo poo are they cheap.

They’re a blast to drive, shame everything else about the car sucks.