Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

My daily driver, an 07 4Runner (Taken when I picked it up from the dealer when it was fresh of the boat from Nippon). It now sports some nice black steelies and winter grips. It kicks rear end in winter.

My summer toy, a 1999 ST1100

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

RealKyleH posted:

What do you drive?

He drives this. And it's 350% awesome.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

Xenoid posted:

Rules from 1999 apparently because I certainly don't think any of us are running in 1024x768 anymore. I hate table breaking as much as the next guy but c'mon.
Unfortunately (for you), you'll likely have a probation to think about that statement for a while.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

Partial crosspost from the Porsche/Alberta thread.

Picked up a 1999 911 a couple weeks back.

113K KMs (70K miles). Just going through maintenance items now but it's a driver and clean as hell.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

It is about 6" longer and 1" wider than the 993.

The nose needed to hold the rads which was probably the bulk of it - not sure what the biggest issue would be in the back but the airbox is pretty big. Although, surprisingly enough, when you remove it the rear of motor is actually "relatively" accessible.

e: They really worked hard at aerodynamics too, they probably had to lengthen the snout and rear end a bit to help with that too.

slidebite fucked around with this message at 00:01 on Jul 25, 2016

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

Plans are to garage it next to the 1400 Kawi. Probably at the inlaws triple.

I wouldn't have turned my nose up at a spare set of Porsche rims though.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

Don't gently caress with it, dude.

Powershift posted:

remeber it's a $750 truck that probably has 20,000 hours on it

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

Valt posted:

I just got a "new" car and we got it home yesterday.

1949 styleline deluxe 4 door. Currently it's not running and has no brakes. But it shouldn't take much to get it going.

Awesome. Starting a thread I assume for getting it roadworthy? What are parts like to get?

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

I would be hard pressed to choose between a 928 or an 8-series for my 90s luxo-coupe, never ending maintenance headache, gonna-go-broke-keeping-it-on-the-road fix.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

Rhyno posted:

That is the ugliest block of houses I have ever seen.
I think they look cool

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

Rhyno posted:

It's a high end apartment complex. Two car garage up front, enormous apartment behind. We have an end unit and the office is between us and the first neighbor so I can be as loud as I want.
Pot, let me introduce you to kettle.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

Wow, that interior looks shockingly clean. Congrats on your new utility truck.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

I had a flex as a rental around 2010 and it was OK but I found the seats abysmal. Any better now?

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

funkatron3000 posted:

Picked up a 2005 V8 4Runner w\ the tow package. My first non-tiny car daily driver, loving it so far. Got it so I can do more towing and hauling without begging to borrow other people's trucks.

I used to have on 07 with the V6 and it was a great vehicle.

Hope you don't have to do the starter on that V8! :buddy:

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

angryrobots posted:

It's really not that bad, just annoying compared to the average starter r&r.

Really? That looks more than annoying compared to an average starter.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

Yeah that's sexy as gently caress. Good job man, and drat you for making me keep my eyes open more seriously for a 996TT now.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

Crustashio posted:

i bought a thing today for $700 :canada:

$700 in :canada:?

I don't believe you. :colbert:

You didn't take advantage of some Parkinson's patient or something did you?

Good score. What's wrong with it?

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

tehk posted:

Uh here is my weekendly. It is a 454 sleeved and stroked LS3, right now twin 69mm forged turbos, and lots of fab work.

:catstare:

Start a thread son.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

That's cool. What is the relationship between those and the Supra?

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

Jesus christ :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

I've always liked those T-birds/Cougars of that gen but prefer the styling of the notchback Cougar. Like the idea of one as a highway cruiser.

There is actually a Supercharged XR7 with under 10K KMs, but the guy is asking a hefty $$ for it. One of those cars that is fairly rare now, but I wouldn't exactly call valuable.