Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

If it wasn't for disappointment
I wouldn't have any appointment

Grimey Drawer

Thursday Next posted:

This is fantastic advice, thank you so much. I feel like a blind woman groping for a power outlet - I just didn’t know where to start. But now I have an idea at least and I can start there.

For what it’s worth, I don’t know if I like The Bob Aesthetic - but when I paint, he is literally the only how-to reference I have (I have seen many paintings but I don’t know how they were made). I used to draw, and still paint, like the engineer I was: this is the outline, this is the color. Bob Ross is that way; it looks “nice” in a hotel-art kind of way. It’s just that when I try to ~free my mind~ I get a mush of brown.

Gonna take your advice, though, all of it. And I’ll take pictures of each bad canvasboard (?) I ruin. I enjoy this hobby. And I shouldn’t look a gift horse of ~$1800 of old oils in the face.

Thank you goon.

Edit: few more quick questions that are likely stupid, but that’s what this thread is for!

Will my brushes (cheapest not-watercolor poo poo I could buy) work with acrylics?
Can I use the same brush for acrylics as I would for oils?
Does canvasboard work with acrylics? Do I need to prep it any way?

Yes, your brushes should work. Most brushes that work with oil work with acrylic and vice versa, unless they specify specifically. But dog nougat is right. As you grow in your hobby, I would recommend rewarding yourself with better brushes, as well as mediums. My favorite part of painting is how many different results I can get just by experimenting with brushes and mediums and anything else that catches my eye in an art store.

You're good to go immediately with acrylics, on canvas boards or paper or wood, or anything. You can prime the surface with gesso or a plain layer of acrylic if you'd like, but it's up to taste. (I like to paint textures so I usually do a thick layer of a color I like to start it off and get rid of all that white, and it gets me painting before I think about what I'm going to paint.) Acrylics dry much faster than oils, and but they're very similar. Find an affordable starting set within your price range, and consider it your practice/experimental set and just try stuff out. Joann's and Michael's always have sales for canvases and canvas paper

If you want some exercises to learn different techniques, you can check your library or order this book I've recommended a few times.

I only started painting about four years ago. I have a long way to go, but I love it and people like what I paint. Have fun, experiment, be curious, scour books or the internet for different ideas or techniques, start looking for paintings you like and artists you like and see if you can find out how they paint, use different size canvas paper if you get intimidated by experimenting on canvas, ask questions in this thread. It's a wonderful art form as long as you're just curious and willing to experiment and make mistakes. The more you paint, the more you'll be satisfied by your painting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FluxFaun
Apr 7, 2010

Is there a name for the genre of art that's fantasy, but highly 80's? Stuff like Boris Vallejo.

lofi
Apr 2, 2018

'Sword and sorcery' is my best guess. I know exactly what you mean, though.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Sociopastry posted:

Is there a name for the genre of art that's fantasy, but highly 80's? Stuff like Boris Vallejo.

Van Art.

FluxFaun
Apr 7, 2010

:V any other artists like Vallejo, then?

Papa Was A Video Toaster
Jan 9, 2011

Sociopastry posted:

:V any other artists like Vallejo, then?

Check out my van.

lofi
Apr 2, 2018

http://subscriptions.heavymetal.com/cover.php
https://duckduckgo.com/?q=luis+royo+art&t=ffab&iar=images&iax=images&ia=images

Thursday Next
Jan 11, 2004

FUCK THE ISLE OF APPLES. FUCK THEM IN THEIR STUPID ASSES.

Sociopastry posted:

Jeff Easley
Fred Fields
Robh Ruppel
Clyde Caldwell (maybe a bit too 90s?)

FluxFaun
Apr 7, 2010

Thursday Next posted:

Jeff Easley
Fred Fields
Robh Ruppel
Clyde Caldwell (maybe a bit too 90s?)

Thank you! Now I'm gonna go drown myself in sick rear end fantasy art

Devorum
Jul 30, 2005

Is there a modern replacement for the Alphasmart Neo? I love my Neo2. I take it everywhere, and it has drastically increased my output.

But I hate how long it takes to transfer my files over one character at a time via USB.

I've tried searching, but all I can find is the Freewrite/Hemingwrite and it's ridiculously expensive and seems rather bulky, too. Is there anything in between Neo and the Freewrite? I just want to be able to write on the go without lugging my laptop around and also to be able to transfer my work easily.

Kaedric
Sep 5, 2000

My 8 year old daughter has been drawing/painting as a hobby for a long while now, and she seems (to me) to be very good at it for her age and I wanted to support her taking it more seriously. One way would be introducing her to digital art, because I figure early exposure could be really good for her when it comes to learning it. Does anyone have any good suggestions on how to do this?

I was thinking I'd get her one of the very basic Wacom tablets or something similar (I think they're less than $100) and letting her doodle in one of the decent non-paint programs that are out there. Is this a good idea or should I be looking at like, an apple ipad with the i-pencil or whatever they have.

Additionally, if you know about any good tutorials for beginners (especially young ones), that would be a big help.

JuniperCake
Jan 26, 2013

Kaedric posted:

My 8 year old daughter has been drawing/painting as a hobby for a long while now, and she seems (to me) to be very good at it for her age and I wanted to support her taking it more seriously. One way would be introducing her to digital art, because I figure early exposure could be really good for her when it comes to learning it. Does anyone have any good suggestions on how to do this?

I was thinking I'd get her one of the very basic Wacom tablets or something similar (I think they're less than $100) and letting her doodle in one of the decent non-paint programs that are out there. Is this a good idea or should I be looking at like, an apple ipad with the i-pencil or whatever they have.

Additionally, if you know about any good tutorials for beginners (especially young ones), that would be a big help.

A lot of people love drawing on the ipad pro, it's pretty responsive and just is a really nice drawing experience. It's also very portable. I'm hoping to get one myself soon. That said there's nothing wrong with starting her off with a wacom which will be much cheaper. If you get the wacom though don't go for the small size, get something like a medium. It's nice to have a little extra working area and the smallest one can feel a little bit cramped. It's easier to make longer more expressive marks if she has more surface to work on. If she can make use of the other features of the ipad beyond just drawing then go for that, otherwise the wacom might be the better option.

For software, Fire Alpaca is a popular free option, along with Mediabang Pro. Clip Studio is also very popular and if you catch it when its on sale you can get it for around 20 bucks. Any of those would make a good starting option. The Ipad pro has the procreate app which should work great for her, and later she can upgrade to clip studio on it if she wants.

For tutorials, given her age , I think a good thing to do might just be to take her to places she wants to go and encourage her to draw stuff she likes there. Don't even need to bring a tablet or anything like that, just a sketchbook and a pencil is fine. Drawing from life teaches a lot but she might find more formal exercises to be too boring. Getting into the habit of just looking at real stuff and drawing helps train observational skills and is really helpful for later if she decides to focus more on art.

JuniperCake fucked around with this message at 22:51 on Jul 2, 2018

dupersaurus
Aug 1, 2012

Futurism was an art movement where dudes were all 'CARS ARE COOL AND THE PAST IS FOR CHUMPS. LET'S DRAW SOME CARS.'
ianae and a bit of a curmudgeon, but I’d just let her continue what she’s doing. Digital doesn’t teach you anything physical doesn’t, isn’t inherently better than physical, adds a layer of complexity (no 8yo needs anything close to the tools a serious drawing app provides), all for the price of being way more expensive. You need to make mistakes to learn, but it’s hard to make a mistake with unlimited undos. There’s no shortage of age-appropriate art classes out there, even if she’s above the level. Kids find their way.

dupersaurus fucked around with this message at 23:01 on Jul 2, 2018

Kaedric
Sep 5, 2000

Yeah I'm not thinking to turn her into some superhuman artist or anything, I just want to give her more options. Right now she loves painting, sculpting with clay, watercolors and pencil art. I just figure some early exposure, even if it is a bit more complex, couldn't hurt. Not looking to replace everything else with it.

Tbh, looking into it more I'm leaning a bit into the idea of the i-pad, because I was planning on getting her a computer soon anyway and it looks like it may hit two birds with one stone. I appreciate the advice so far :)

JuniperCake
Jan 26, 2013

dupersaurus posted:

ianae and a bit of a curmudgeon, but I’d just let her continue what she’s doing. Digital doesn’t teach you anything physical doesn’t, isn’t inherently better than physical, adds a layer of complexity (no 8yo needs anything close to the tools a serious drawing app provides), all for the price of being way more expensive. You need to make mistakes to learn, but it’s hard to make a mistake with unlimited undos. There’s no shortage of age-appropriate art classes out there, even if she’s above the level. Kids find their way.

I agree in general on the merits of digital vs traditional but there's nothing wrong with giving her the option because she just might have more fun working digitally. For an adult interested in results first, yes traditional will get you faster gains because it lets you focus on fundamentals instead of fighting a tablet but a kid isn't going to be the same way. If you aren't in a rush to get to a certain level, its more about trying stuff out and having fun. A painting program provides a lot of tools to mess with that are pretty fun even if you have no idea how they really work.

Besides, people are learning stuff earlier than they used to. There are plenty of kids out there who know their way around a painting program these days. Kids can learn a lot if just given something and encouraged to explore it at their leisure. There definitely shouldn't be any expectations regarding outcome of course, but nothing wrong with trying it.

NonzeroCircle
Apr 12, 2010

El Camino
If you get the iPad, Mischief (infinite canvas app) looks pretty cool. I've done some small, terrible doodling on my phone using the various Adobe free apps on Android and the Autodesk Sketch app is quite nice.

For free PC software, Krita is really good.

gmc9987
Jul 25, 2007

Kaedric posted:

I think you'll probably get the most mileage out of just encouraging her to draw things that are more complicated or taking on longer projects - illustrating a small short story or a 2-page comic or something. She's already going to grow up more computer savvy than you are (sorry, it's the truth) simply by virtue of being younger than you and having access to way more computer tech at a younger age. A willingness to try (and potentially fail at) a bigger project , while enjoying the process of working on it, is one of the best learning tools around.

EDIT: just want to clarify: digital art, especially with an age-appropriate app on an iPad or similar device, could be a lot of fun and there's nothing inherently wrong with exposing your daughter to that creative outlet. But if she decides later on that she wants to pursue art more seriously, the things that will help her most in doing that aren't tied specifically to digital or analogue art but rather your feedback to her art, how confident she feels about tackling bigger projects, and how she handles "failing" at a project.

gmc9987 fucked around with this message at 14:51 on Jul 3, 2018

lofi
Apr 2, 2018

Agreed. Buy her a nice juicy set of paints, an easel, something that's fun. She'll have plenty of time to turn it into soul-crushing technical labour later.

e: Hell, give her a budget and take her to an art shop, let her explore what's available and choose for herself.

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

lofi posted:

Agreed. Buy her a nice juicy set of paints, an easel, something that's fun. She'll have plenty of time to turn it into soul-crushing technical labour later.

e: Hell, give her a budget and take her to an art shop, let her explore what's available and choose for herself.

Or IMO watch a few youtube videos about this otherwise you'll end up missing some of the color essentials for oil painting, or you won't get the stuff to do alla prima, etc. It's worth having a little knowledge about it but it could still be fun to go in after that with a certain budget with her.

Kaedric
Sep 5, 2000

That does sound fun. I'll look around for some art shops and plan a day.

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

Kaedric posted:

That does sound fun. I'll look around for some art shops and plan a day.

I remember when I started I googled around and there was an effortpost somewhere on reddit that covered the basics of oil painting including recommended basic equipment etc. It included some stuff I wouldn't really have thought I'd need but was glad to pick up. I think it also recommended a few Bob Ross videos to paint along to which really helped me. You and your daughter could set up in front of the TV and try to follow along if you think she'd find that fun and not be frustrated at how different hers looks from the Bob's.

avshalemon
Jun 28, 2018

what does she most like to draw?

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009

VelociBacon posted:

I remember when I started I googled around and there was an effortpost somewhere on reddit that covered the basics of oil painting including recommended basic equipment etc. It included some stuff I wouldn't really have thought I'd need but was glad to pick up. I think it also recommended a few Bob Ross videos to paint along to which really helped me. You and your daughter could set up in front of the TV and try to follow along if you think she'd find that fun and not be frustrated at how different hers looks from the Bob's.

I'd recommend against oils. She's 8 if I recall correctly. Oils are kinda toxic and need a fair bit of ventilation. Mineral spirits and turpenoids are really drat toxic. Kids aren't generally known for being the cleanest either and like to put things in their mouths like paint brushes. Even the handle. I'd say acrylics are a much safer than oils. They also tend to be cheaper.

avshalemon
Jun 28, 2018

at this age you should be teaching her how to make art creatively, not hammering her on technical skills

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

How can I export a looping video from AE? Or a GIF that isn't 100MB and doesn't look like crap.

I have Media Encoder if that's worth anything.

Edit: If I wasn't clear, I basically want to put the video online and have it loop by default regardless of where I post it.

Edit2: Turns out most places will take in straight video.

Chernabog fucked around with this message at 00:58 on Jul 5, 2018

JuniperCake
Jan 26, 2013

dog nougat posted:

I'd recommend against oils. She's 8 if I recall correctly. Oils are kinda toxic and need a fair bit of ventilation. Mineral spirits and turpenoids are really drat toxic. Kids aren't generally known for being the cleanest either and like to put things in their mouths like paint brushes. Even the handle. I'd say acrylics are a much safer than oils. They also tend to be cheaper.

Many pigments are toxic, doesn't matter if the medium is acrylic, oil, watercolor or whatever. A heavy metal is a heavy metal no matter what you suspend it in. The risk isn't that high because its not airborne but if you want to eliminate it all together, you need to check the pigments and only buy the ones that aren't toxic. With some of the synthetics you can get decent colors that are close to the toxic ones anyways. That's true for most painting mediums. Also, you shouldn't ever be putting paint brushes in your mouth regardless of what you are painting with. Oil isn't particularly more dangerous than acrylic so long as basic safety is followed.

If you are really worried about odorless mineral spirits you can clean your brushes in a different room away from the painting area. If you want to cut out solvent all together there are non-toxic brush cleaners and you can even use Dawn or Murphy's Oil Soap. You can also use a medium to thin your paint instead of spirits and there are many non-toxic options to choose from. Odorless mineral spirits are convenient but there are plenty of alternatives for contemporary painters so you are not forced to use them.

Not saying you should use oils or not, just that you shouldn't be scared of them. You can absolutely use them safely and it's not that difficult to do so.

That said, no matter what medium you use, it always pays to do a little research into materials and potential hazards so you can be informed and make good decisions.

Kaedric
Sep 5, 2000

avshalemon posted:

what does she most like to draw?

I asked her this and what medium, and she said she prefers pencil/markers/pen and she tends to draw cutesy sort of anime-style characters. Think pokemon, shopkins, that sort of thing. She has mastered the art of the shiny-eye thing :carol:

Pixelante
Mar 16, 2006

You people will by God act like a team, or at least like people who know each other, or I'll incinerate the bunch of you here and now.

Kaedric posted:

I asked her this and what medium, and she said she prefers pencil/markers/pen and she tends to draw cutesy sort of anime-style characters. Think pokemon, shopkins, that sort of thing. She has mastered the art of the shiny-eye thing :carol:

She wants Copic markers. I promise you---Copics.

avshalemon
Jun 28, 2018

Kaedric posted:

:kimchi:

does she just draw existing characters or does she make her own? if she's making her own, that's very cool and you should encourage that! (if she just does existing characters, that's also cool!)

based on my own memories of being eight, you should give her as much encouragement as possible and tell her everything she does is amazing, because that'll make her more confident about her art and then she'll be more inclined to show it off at school. kids that age get really enthusiastic when one of their classmates can draw, and if there are other creative kids in her class they'll probably end up grouping together and all egging each other on (hopefully with support from the teachers, although sadly you can't always count on that). she's the wrong age right now to hear criticisms or ways to make her art "better" - she'll be ready for that at about 11-12, probably - so right now the best thing to do is give her heaps of positive feedback and try to find her some artsy friends. if you can find a nice-natured older kid, like three or four years older, who draws the same sort of stuff well and is happy to let her have a look at their work, that'll really inspire her too.

my other suggestion is to give her lots of stuff to work with. so plenty of cartoons, comics (eastern and western), movies, and books. non-illustrated books are really important because when they capture her interest she'll start trying to draw stuff from them too, and because she has to make it up from her imagination rather than copying something already drawn, it works different parts of the brain. it'll also encourage her to start trying to draw scenes rather than just characters standing in a void, which is important because scenes include other stuff (furniture, trees, buildings, action poses etc) that she might not be that interested in studying otherwise but that learning to draw will really help her.

finally, whatever you do, keep her away from the internet or she'll grow up to be a sex pest. i hope this helps!

JuniperCake
Jan 26, 2013

avshalemon posted:

:kimchi:

does she just draw existing characters or does she make her own? if she's making her own, that's very cool and you should encourage that! (if she just does existing characters, that's also cool!)

based on my own memories of being eight, you should give her as much encouragement as possible and tell her everything she does is amazing, because that'll make her more confident about her art and then she'll be more inclined to show it off at school. kids that age get really enthusiastic when one of their classmates can draw, and if there are other creative kids in her class they'll probably end up grouping together and all egging each other on (hopefully with support from the teachers, although sadly you can't always count on that). she's the wrong age right now to hear criticisms or ways to make her art "better" - she'll be ready for that at about 11-12, probably - so right now the best thing to do is give her heaps of positive feedback and try to find her some artsy friends. if you can find a nice-natured older kid, like three or four years older, who draws the same sort of stuff well and is happy to let her have a look at their work, that'll really inspire her too.

my other suggestion is to give her lots of stuff to work with. so plenty of cartoons, comics (eastern and western), movies, and books. non-illustrated books are really important because when they capture her interest she'll start trying to draw stuff from them too, and because she has to make it up from her imagination rather than copying something already drawn, it works different parts of the brain. it'll also encourage her to start trying to draw scenes rather than just characters standing in a void, which is important because scenes include other stuff (furniture, trees, buildings, action poses etc) that she might not be that interested in studying otherwise but that learning to draw will really help her.

finally, whatever you do, keep her away from the internet or she'll grow up to be a sex pest. i hope this helps!

This is the best advice in the thread so far.

Themage
Jul 21, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Is there a way to pan the view in procreate without zooming/rotating at the same time?

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
Hi everyone. I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask this, but gently caress it. It's a silly little question. I need help finding something. I've been doing a lot of thinking and therapy and poo poo like that. I have an idea for some sort of matching but opposite art/posters I want to put on my wall right next to each other.

One poster showing darkness/failure/destruction, and one poster showing triumph/success/joy. I want them because I'm sort of at a turning point in my life, and I'd like a visual representation of a big decision I can make. One, down a dark path and back into my depression and alcoholism, and the dark side of bipolar disorder. And the other, through the light path of triumph over these obstacles.

I don't know exactly what I'm looking for. I was thinking of a dark and dangerous mountain, and another beautiful one. But again, both matching but opposite. Maybe even something Japanese since it will go above my Buddhist altar. I was also thinking about the theater smile and frown, but I have those tattooed on each forearm, so it's a bit redundant.

I know this is an incredibly vague question but I'm having a hard time finding not only a good representation that I can clearly see the good and evil, but also finding matching posters. I'll keep looking, but do any of you have any good ideas? I'd make my own, which I probably should do, but I'm not very good at art. I don't have very stead hands. I guess stencils of colored paper put on poster board or something like that would be nice, but I don't even know where to begin with that. I guess they don't have to be matching but at least the same size.

Maybe any sort of evil and good landscape. I don't know. Something to show a good path and evil path.

Pennywise the Frown fucked around with this message at 20:26 on Jul 6, 2018

lofi
Apr 2, 2018

Are you looking to comission someone or just :effort: ?

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3527487

lofi fucked around with this message at 21:39 on Jul 6, 2018

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
Mostly :effort: or ideas or something. I wouldn't even know what to ask someone to draw/paint or how to do it. Maybe a good place to go look for that stuff. I was looking for over an hour today and couldn't find anything that I liked.

Yeah, this is a really relative question and I'm not even sure why I asked it, but whatever.

Nessa
Dec 15, 2008

Kaedric posted:

Comic markers are good choice.

I really enjoy using watercolour crayons/pencils. You colour with them like regular pencils, but then use a small brush and a little bit of water to get a cool watercolour look. The best part is that they're way less messy than regular paints! I do Pokemon drawings with them all the time. Here's what those drawings look like: http://nessabee87.tumblr.com

Pennywise the Frown posted:

Hi everyone. I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask this, but gently caress it. It's a silly little question. I need help finding something. I've been doing a lot of thinking and therapy and poo poo like that. I have an idea for some sort of matching but opposite art/posters I want to put on my wall right next to each other.

One poster showing darkness/failure/destruction, and one poster showing triumph/success/joy. I want them because I'm sort of at a turning point in my life, and I'd like a visual representation of a big decision I can make. One, down a dark path and back into my depression and alcoholism, and the dark side of bipolar disorder. And the other, through the light path of triumph over these obstacles.

I don't know exactly what I'm looking for. I was thinking of a dark and dangerous mountain, and another beautiful one. But again, both matching but opposite. Maybe even something Japanese since it will go above my Buddhist altar. I was also thinking about the theater smile and frown, but I have those tattooed on each forearm, so it's a bit redundant.

I know this is an incredibly vague question but I'm having a hard time finding not only a good representation that I can clearly see the good and evil, but also finding matching posters. I'll keep looking, but do any of you have any good ideas? I'd make my own, which I probably should do, but I'm not very good at art. I don't have very stead hands. I guess stencils of colored paper put on poster board or something like that would be nice, but I don't even know where to begin with that. I guess they don't have to be matching but at least the same size.

Maybe any sort of evil and good landscape. I don't know. Something to show a good path and evil path.

My suggestion would be heaven and hell pieces, particularly, hell in a deep pit and heaven at the top of a mountain with a demon and an angel respectively.

kedo
Nov 27, 2007

Nessa posted:

My suggestion would be heaven and hell pieces, particularly, hell in a deep pit and heaven at the top of a mountain with a demon and an angel respectively.

Garden of Earthly Delights, imo, aka the weirdest painting to come out of the late fifteenth century.

gmc9987
Jul 25, 2007

Tag yourself, I'm the guy holding the devil's bassoon while playing a flute with my butt.

Pennywise the Frown posted:

Mostly :effort: or ideas or something. I wouldn't even know what to ask someone to draw/paint or how to do it. Maybe a good place to go look for that stuff. I was looking for over an hour today and couldn't find anything that I liked.

Yeah, this is a really relative question and I'm not even sure why I asked it, but whatever.

I don't know about everyone else, but I'm a bit confused about what exactly you're asking for - are you looking for something to purchase? For images to use as inspiration to make your own posters? Pictures that you can download and print yourself for free?

Congratulations on going to therapy and taking steps to improve your life - that's a difficult thing to do, and an even more difficult thing to stick with. I think you're awesome for doing that.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

gmc9987 posted:

Tag yourself, I'm the guy holding the devil's bassoon while playing a flute with my butt.

I don't know about everyone else, but I'm a bit confused about what exactly you're asking for - are you looking for something to purchase? For images to use as inspiration to make your own posters? Pictures that you can download and print yourself for free?

Congratulations on going to therapy and taking steps to improve your life - that's a difficult thing to do, and an even more difficult thing to stick with. I think you're awesome for doing that.

I'm looking for poster sized pictures. One showing darkness and one showing light. As in evil and good. The two paths in my life that I have a choice of going down. I'm mostly looking to purchase something since that would probably be easier. I figured you guys might know some good places to get that stuff. I understand that this is the creative commons as in art, but I really suck at it. Although I am willing to try if it's a simple type of art. I can't draw or paint.

Nessa posted:

This is sort of what I'm looking for. I'd like to keep it as christian godless as possible but demons are quite common (and cool). So heaven and hell or angels and demons aren't a bad idea either way.

kedo posted:

Garden of Earthly Delights, imo, aka the weirdest painting to come out of the late fifteenth century.

That's pretty cool and the two on either end are sort of what I'm looking for. Good and evil. Although yeah, the butt flute players are probably not something I'd like hanging on my wall. I'm a little picky about specific orifice instruments. I know, I'm kinda lame.

I'll keep looking but any other ideas are welcome. I appreciate the help. This is actually kind of important to me.

lofi
Apr 2, 2018

Being more specific would help. There's a hole lot of art about good/evil, and different people's ideas are going to be different from your own.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
Yeah it's hard to be specific about this. I saw one picture of a dark foggy path with dark trees on either side. The reverse of that would be a light, welcoming path if I could have found it. Again, a dark mountain with storms or a bright mountain with streams. Lightning storms or clear skies. I'm pretty open. Just like... no anime or anything like that. In fact I'd like to avoid humans altogether and just have some sort of natural phenomena or landscapes or something.

I don't know, I'm an idiot. I was looking on allposters.com and redbubble.com previously without much luck and those seem to be pretty big sites. I'll look some more. I haven't looked for storms yet.